Screwing up an exam (1 Viewer)

katoji

HSC
Walked out of Bio today. Shattered. That's the one subject that's upsetting me.

Anyway, I have an exam on Monday. Any ideas on how I can stop dwelling on it and keep studying?

edit: pretty sure I failed.

Last edited:

Dazdev

HSC
I screwed up big time on Biology too. Does anyone know if screwing up one exam would be the difference between getting an 60 to 80+ ATAR. I feel as if this one exam has destroyed everything for me.

shugadaddy

HSC
lol happened to me in maths. I can't say man.... its been like 4 days and i still haven't gotten over it :(

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I screwed up big time on Biology too. Does anyone know if screwing up one exam would be the difference between getting an 60 to 80+ ATAR. I feel as if this one exam has destroyed everything for me.
it shouldn't make such a big difference unless you got like 20% for it or something (raw)

--

just go outside, take a walk, maybe go for a run, come back with a vengeance in your eyes and rape the living daylights out of your next exam!

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
You'll never get through tomorrow if you're still worrying about yesterday (or whatever day you're worrying about).
Accept that it happened, and move on. Can't really do much about it now.
The day after my maths exam, i was mulling over my answers with the online solutions, and realised that i did worse than i'd previously thought. I'm more or less over it now, and frankly, i'm more concerned about my last 3 exams: jap, chem and physics. Strangely enough, they're my most content-heavy, and most likely my hardest exams.
One week from now, i'll be letting out a war cry as life begins.

Jessica__

HSC
Biology was awfulllllll! I'd be surprised if I got anything above 50% :(:( I studied everything that wasn't in the test. I too, walked out of bio shattered!
Just keep your head up high and think about your next exam..... and study your butt off :D
There's nothing you can do about it now. What's done is done.

:D:D

2011_

HSC
I felt the same way after Ag, then had Maths the day after.
I let myself have an hour or two feeling depressed, then had a big glass of water and went for a walk. After that I just knuckled down to getting ready for General Math.

FrasbR

HSC
studied the content for both of the 7 markers this morning. AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

KGZ9

HSC
Dw brah, i know that feel. When i walked out of eco, i was spewing.

snorelacks

HSC
Don't worry I feel your pain. Till this day, I'm still depressed over Biology, but I guess we have to get over it since nothing can be changed now. If you keep on dwelling in the past, then you won't perform well in the next exam. Just show them that you can do much better in your other exams :)

nephh22

HSC
You'll never get through tomorrow if you're still worrying about yesterday (or whatever day you're worrying about).
Accept that it happened, and move on. Can't really do much about it now.
The day after my maths exam, i was mulling over my answers with the online solutions, and realised that i did worse than i'd previously thought. I'm more or less over it now, and frankly, i'm more concerned about my last 3 exams: jap, chem and physics. Strangely enough, they're my most content-heavy, and most likely my hardest exams.
One week from now, i'll be letting out a war cry as life begins.
I like this, if only there was a like button similar to facebook...

coralie1994

HSC
Sorry guys, this is probably irrelevant but I just wanted to know.. does your hsc mark get scaled or something? or does it remain the same? Sorry for the confusion.. I'm a tad confused myself lol

when I say hsc mark... Im referring to your external :)

Clank_

HSC
Sorry guys, this is probably irrelevant but I just wanted to know.. does your hsc mark get scaled or something? or does it remain the same? Sorry for the confusion.. I'm a tad confused myself lol

when I say hsc mark... Im referring to your external :)
The marks are aligned to fit within what they decide each band is worth.
Eg. They can decide an 83 raw in economics is the cut off for a band 6 and it is aligned up to 90.
They do this for all the marks and it is different for all subjects depending of the cohort performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)