Scriptwriters (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
hhmmm still having troubles with act one scene two.....because there is going to be lots of set changes because the script is going into different periods of time. But i thought of just using mininal set & props but have really detailed costumes, hopefully the audience will understand that they are at a certain period of time....*breathes out*

My title is called "CRUSED" wots everyone elses?

brassedoff

HSC
whartonag said:
Heya. I've done my openign five pages, but I'm expected to have a first draft in three days. My moticvation isn't dead (yet), but nothing's happening in mine and I really need to develop some confict urgently...but how?
I'm expected to have a draft 3 days ago... (only that's for 4U.)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Ugh, why are all you people having so many scene changes? It's just so difficult in 30 minutes. All good, short-length drama has (a bizzley-nizzle*)

* a bizzley-nizzle = no major scene changes

edowling

I agree with Gavrillo. I have 7 scenes total, with one act. All of them require lights up on a new part of the stage. I also have like 5 characters, two main characters. I decided to start very simply..it was originally two characters on a black stage.

I find Leunig excellent for inspiration...I am basing mine off his writing called The Magician. As a result, my piece is also called The Magician.

I'm playing a lot with time, having been inspired by Old Times currently running thanks to the STC. I've finished my second draft, nearly finished Draft 3. I'm sitting at around 20-22 pages now, hoping to get maybe onw or two more, with expansion of a few scenes.

Also, I highly recommend Final Draft software for writing scripts..google it..its good stuff, makes formatting heaps easier.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
FlibbertyJibbet said:
The problem with my script is that I've decided that the main character's voice is kind of non-existant meaning that she's basically mute. She's been through a tough time so to cope with it she simply stops talking. I guess she just finds thingseasier to deal with if she doesn't verbalise her emotions. I really need to stop ignoring my log book.

I know this is very late for you guys, but I've decided on a whim to come back here and try help HSC kids out. I'm a USYD English/Film student FYI. This is an idea which is explored thoroughly in Ingamar Bergman's Persona. It's certainly a film you will want to see more than once to fully appreciate, but basically it is about an actress who suffers a trauma and becomes mute. An actress who loses her powers of performance. Or does she? Worth checking out.

thedoctorplus1

HSC
Hi,
I am up to writing the script also.
I have written 2 and a half scenes, which are going well.
i reccommend doing a 'treatmen' of your script, which is doing it in a narrative format first and building from there.

RosyCheeks

HSC
so happy that its over but i miss my log books.. how many did ppl hand in? i handed in three complete log books, wondering if that is alot or if its less than others? does everyone feel relief?

jennieTalia

HSC
Well, lets just say that my logbook is great...

as for the script... *ahem* ahaha.

Have barely started (pretty much due to finding new information that i want to cram... and i mean CRAM... in!)

Either way, I think I'm onto a good idea and with a couple of busloads of V and my trusty (and quite crappy) computer, maybe I will be able to survive the year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)