• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scriptwriting.... Length (1 Viewer)

ChaosSilverwing

HSC
Hey guys, this is going to sound so stupid, but how long does the script have to be? I'm teh first person doing scriptwriting at my school in YEARS and my teacher couldn't remember..... She's finding out for me, but I'd really like an indication of how far through I am so I can work the storyline properly....
Thanks ^^

jennieTalia

HSC
But thats in industry format. I think it has to be double spaced as well, im having serious issues keeping within the limit :(

LizzyWizzFizz

HSC
Hey guys,

Is it written on the syllabus or marking criteria anywhere exactly how long it has to be? My teacher said 25 pages double spaced...did you find out what the board of studies says the official length should be? Mine's 12 pages double spaced so far and i have one more scene to go. How's everyone else doing with there's?

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Hey guys. I'm not doing script writing...but I think it's something like 15minutes or 25 pages, double spaced, size 12 Times new Roman font.

I remember reading it somewhere, on the Board of Studies site Drama syllabus i think..

Don't take my word for it but...lol

HSC
I am certain that the script has to be, and I quote from the course requirements: "Approximately 15 minutes running time OR 15-25 pages."

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Each page will probably be around a minute long, give or take a bit.

tjo176

HSC
The script its self is 25 pages but I have 7 pages of title page, charachter list, setting, bibliography, and a page that says act 1 so in all its 32. is this appropriate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)