SDD - A Major Turn Off (1 Viewer)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Has anyone out there been neglecting Software like me? It's so boring I can't study for it x(

Rampager

HSC
There's one highlight of SD--- oh who am I kidding. No. SDD sucks. The theory behind it is ridicilous and you would never see it used in a real world application, but it's not a hard subject and it's not terribly difficult to get a 90+ Mark on it, so, there you go.

Actually, I have to admit the Software Developer's View of the Hardware was an interesting topic, I like figuring out the logic gates.

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
Ugh at least u get to do the interesting option topic...

i have to do evolution of programming languages. BOOOOORIINNGGGG

Every time i look at the textbook or syllabus i feel like sleeping haha

Terlob

HSC
I havn't even started studying for it yet. It probably wont count for me though :p

The MJB

HSC
SDD would be fine ... if it was less concerned with the shit that goes along with it. Different approaches, documentation, why it's so important to make a quality product. It would be better if it just got more into the actual designing of programs and approaching problems, rather than the theory.
Kinda like Physics, which should really be called "Physics and the history and ethics of physics."
Theres too much business studies in SDD, theres too much history in physics.

For evolution of programming languages, if you don't want to do it scrap it. The material for the binary/logic gates stuff you can learn in 4 hours easily with the textbook. Theres no need to do what the rest of your class are doing.

xibeleli

HSC
Yup Sdd is a piece of shiet, useless, missleading subject

BoyNextDoor

HSC
And its pretty difficult too! I barely pass the major exams for this. I only pass by 2-5 marks! :(
lol
And I'm ranked 1st too. :)

I am James

HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
And its pretty difficult too! I barely pass the major exams for this. I only pass by 2-5 marks! :(
lol
And I'm ranked 1st too. :)
I got 71% in major project (no one else bothered with documentation) and 24% in trial and topped the class which has a grand total of 3 people, none of us too enthused about it.

It fails.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I am James said:
I got 71% in major project (no one else bothered with documentation) and 24% in trial and topped the class which has a grand total of 3 people, none of us too enthused about it.

It fails.
I got 95% for the major project though and 66% for the trials.....because it got scaled up! lol
Serious? Just like my class.......3 of my classmates slept through the HSC exam today.

dan66

HSC
worst subject ever..fukn impossible 2 study 4..i got 16% in trial got scaled almost 3times up to 41%..fukn got raped in hsc test

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
Woah, serious?
Don't worry, someone in my class only got 8% for the trials! lol

HSC
i am coz my yr11 teacher dont know shit about the subject but my yr12 teacher is alrite but im still regretting doin software coz its soo boring + i h8 algorithms :mad1:

loveygal

HSC
I dont understand why everyone hates it so much. Its probably my favourite subject but also the one i do best at which is probably why. But i do find it really hard to study for.

tedelex06

HSC
I dont understand why everyone hates it so much. Its probably my favourite subject but also the one i do best at which is probably why. But i do find it really hard to study for.
same. everyone like "i hate algorythms" and stuff. well if you dislike programming DONT DO THE COURSE its called "software design and development" so programming kinda comes with it.

it is my favorite course and i do quite well. and i agree, it is difficult to study for because its more tested on things like the history of programming and things like that.

~Zen

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
SDD is useful if you're considering doing software engineering at uni

EDIT: sort of

Fakeman

HSC
Well at least you don't have Mr. Solis as your teacher . . .

Dude, I'm at SDD right now and I get the maddest headaches. So does anyone feel the same?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)