SDD Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i agree...

all the sdd teachers at our skool are pretty much science teachers who know how to type a word document up and feel they are qualified for software design because of that...

we have to teach the damn teacher how to do programming if we dont kno how to do something in particular we r screwed and told to do something easier

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::

is it just me or is there a lack of actual "good" sdd teachers in nsw
i have never heard some1 say they have a good sdd teacher in my life...

hehe... i had a good, no make that great sdd teacher...

that's pretty true freaking_out but there are some rareties out there who teach rather than have an indutry career because they enjoy teaching more... (which is ace for the students :p )

Jinglebell

HSC
the teacher we were supposed to have would've been fantastic, coz he was an absolute champ as a teacher and all us computer geeks knew him pretty well. but, as with all my fave teachers, he got a better job at another school.

our teacher isn't that bad though. she may not be absolutely fantastic but she pretty much knows what she's on about. i can't imagine making it through with a useless teacher though, i def. would have dropped after yr11...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
but, as with all my fave teachers, he got a better job at another school.
thats what happened to my physics teacher but he got promoted to the department of education or somethin' like that.

i can't imagine making it through with a useless teacher though, i def. would have dropped after yr11...
well actually since i have a crappy teacher and no hope, all we do in class is use the internet and play games (which we actually downloaded during the time we had sdd) thats why people from my class haven't dropped it yet.:p

Jinglebell

HSC
all we do in class is use the internet and play games
yes, well...a good teacher doesn't necissarily alter that...i'm currently in a prac lesson...and i hate dataflow diagrams:) forums are much more exciting than documentation:D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Does anyone else end up teaching their teachers, I do sometimes and think its rather pathetic. Our class is soo behind in the sylabus, and only started our major projects :chainsaw:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by enak
Does anyone else end up teaching their teachers...

this happens too often in my class... in fact my teacher (so called sdd teacher) didn't even know how to convert binary to counting numbers.... she said that "we will have to ask the maths department".... this is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard!!!:mad:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hahahaha we just learned them and our teacher woz soo stupid

its like "u have to use the table to do it... its the only way"

then some1 goes and tells him about the dividing by two method

and he's like fully lost he didn even kno what a remainder was...

wot a great teacher i have!

Olivia

Well my teacher is good, he sure knows his stuff. But becuase he is also the deputy principals in our school (very busy person), he sometime had to go to meeting etc. and doesn't have time to teach us. I think that our school is very behind!

What are you people up to in class? Which text book do you use?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
we use sammy davis and are up to 6A. weve also got fowler for a second source and revision, but only use it if were ahead.

Olivia

Already :eek: At school we are only up to chp 4.6 in Carole Wilson and nearly finish Chp4 from Fowler.

Our school is really behind...:(

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Our class is up to the elective topic, software developers view of hardware, last topic i guess, then the major project. We just handed our first part of it in, so only the second part to do. Our school uses the Carole Wilson txt book, but i use the Sam Davis book at home.

Olivia

wow! elective topic! we don't even know which elective we are doing.:(

Our major project has 3 parts, we handed in the 1st and doing the 2nd.

Rahul

Dead Member
we have 2 and a half topics to go (including the option)! the teacher is absolutely flying thru them, but wern't actually learning anything. our class is so screwed:(

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
all were doin in class is working on our prac...i dun even think weve done that much theory either .....our teacher keeps running out of teh class to fix up the reports program, which was on trial this yr..apparently the all the files crashed n teachers had to type it all up again...they werent very happy with my teacher:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)