SDD Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Ant..

HSC
the question gave that morepopulation(a_city, b_city) means a_city has higher pop and the same with highercrime(a_city, b_city) and it said what constitutes one city being better than another (higher pop and lower crime), so it said write two facts which result in f_city being a better city than g_city. what i put was morepopulation(f_city, g_city) and highercrime(g_city, f_city) and i think that's meant to be correct but someone can correct me if im wrong
ohhhhh i understand now! damn thats so annoying, the simplicity of just changing the variable names from the given facts through me off. thanks for explaining tho!

neqr1te

HSC
oh yea that reminds me does anyone know the ans for the first question of paradigms. It went along the lines of "what is another rule needed?". I wrote a_city != b_city, but i wasnt sure tbh
tbh i just said what they defined in the question, basically that lpop(a_city, b_city) and hcrime(b_city, a_city), because if i remember correctly the question asked what facts needed to be defined for better_city(a_city, b_city) to be true and they stated that if the a_city has a higher population and lower crime rate than b_city, then it is a better city.
idk though i could be wrong

smiley_riley

HSC
I think I got almost everything else correct but I somehow messed up the goddamn deskcheck o_O I didn't notice the line that set len was outside the loop and my brain auto piloted it and it's the dumbest mistake to make.
And I thought I did my storyboard correctly but thanks to this thread I'm aware that I should have included the carrier pigeon symbol for the code delivery. I also just straight up forgot the telecommunications link. :angel:
But if all else goes well I'm very happy with the paper.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I think I got almost everything else correct but I somehow messed up the goddamn deskcheck o_O I didn't notice the line that set len was outside the loop and my brain auto piloted it and it's the dumbest mistake to make.
And I thought I did my storyboard correctly but thanks to this thread I'm aware that I should have included the carrier pigeon symbol for the code delivery. I also just straight up forgot the telecommunications link. :angel:
carrier pigeon symbol...? there's only 12 symbols for a system flowchart....

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 9.34.16 am.png

anyways yeah I'm personally annoyed I forgot about the phone and the telecomms link but oh well I guess I'll get 2/3 for that lmao

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
The code stopped at Q anyways (WHILE productNum != "Q"...) So you didn't need to check after that
oh yeah same I know that, just, my desk check was really messy and it felt very all over the place - they didn't structure the table nicely lmao with the order of the variables

MerchantDave

HSC
am i the only one who didn't finish the paper... i swear im so slow i was literally kicking myself for it im so mad
Nah I just finished it with less than 2 minutes left so yeah that's not even that bad, however, I did use a lot of extra writing space.

robohunter22

HSC

is it just me or did the algorithm on the desk check question end instantly every time as the first line in the while loop set the boolean value to false and the condition for the while loop was that the boolean value had to be true and the entry couldn't be "Q"

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
is it just me or did the algorithm on the desk check question end instantly every time as the first line in the while loop set the boolean value to false and the condition for the while loop was that the boolean value had to be true and the entry couldn't be "Q"
pretty sure criteria was boolean <> False and code <> Q

no because a while loop is a pretest loop, so it checks the criteria before entering the loop. because we had the boolean set to true beforehand, we could enter the loop. if you remember correctly there was a statement at the end of the loop inside one of the binary selections that reset the boolean to true, enabling us to go back into the loop.

you are however correct that if the code was Q we would quit instantly, because that was a specific criteria for the loop.

our desk check should have finished with the last product code being Q in the last row of the table (pretty sure - that's what I had and what a few of the people I know had)

dav53521

HSC
carrier pigeon symbol...? there's only 12 symbols for a system flowchart....

View attachment 40747

anyways yeah I'm personally annoyed I forgot about the phone and the telecomms link but oh well I guess I'll get 2/3 for that lmao
SMH can't believe you forgot IP over Avian Carriers, it's the most common form of Internet

SASH_06_X

HSC
Nah I just finished it with less than 2 minutes left so yeah that's not even that bad, however, I did use a lot of extra writing space.
Yeah me too, I felt like they were really scant with the writing space. Like in trials, we had about 5-6 lines just for 3 mark questions, however this time around it was just like 3-4 lines and I had to use the extra space for practically all the 3-4 markers.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Yeah me too, I felt like they were really scant with the writing space. Like in trials, we had about 5-6 lines just for 3 mark questions, however this time around it was just like 3-4 lines and I had to use the extra space for practically all the 3-4 markers.
bruh in trials I finished with 45 minutes - hsc I barely had 10 minutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)