SDD Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Ant..

HSC
no they actually make sense, atleast they def make more sense than mine lol, my first one was the same as yours, but my second one I wrote was totally unrelated, it was something like "a medical database concerns human lives so it needs to have good security"
bruh if that isn't a crappy answer i don't know what is 💀
similar to u i wrote

1) information is private so security protects against unauthorised individuals
2) information needs to be accurate so security so its cannot be change, deleted etc

HSC
View attachment 40772
View attachment 40771

This is my solution to the EBNF problem, since people were asking beforehand
ooh interesting, i did for the second one (not doing it in railroad so here it is in ebnf)

Expression = (<Number> | <Variable>) {<Operator> (<Number> | <Variable>)}

both of ours still fits all the criteria for expression so i'm pretty sure both would be marked right?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
ooh interesting, i did for the second one (not doing it in railroad so here it is in ebnf)

Expression = (<Number> | <Variable>) {<Operator> (<Number> | <Variable>)}

both of ours still fits all the criteria for expression so i'm pretty sure both would be marked right?
idk I thought of mine in the exam lol

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
similar to u i wrote

1) information is private so security protects against unauthorised individuals
2) information needs to be accurate so security so its cannot be change, deleted etc
Another option could be availability being affected by DDoS attacks without appropriate mitigations.

Such a medical database would need to be accessed during medical emergencies, so availability is a big concern. Vulnerability to DDoS attacks could open the database owners to ransom attempts or damage to reputation.

Last edited:

SASH_06_X

HSC
o yeah and i completely skipped the linking question because i had absolutely no idea
I almost did the same, except in the last minute I thought something was better than nothing and so scribbled about machine and assembler code which is total shit compared to the answer Google gave me: 😭

1697752680489.png
and honestly I don't get this answer so could someone explain???

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I almost did the same, except in the last minute I thought something was better than nothing and so scribbled about machine and assembler code which is total shit compared to the answer Google gave me: 😭

View attachment 40801
Pretty sure it means that if you have external subroutines and modules that are running in the program that may exist in other areas of memory, linking allows them to be called correctly - I think

Unfortunately I didn't say anything like that in the exam lmao

dav53521

HSC

View attachment 40801
@SadCeliac idea is right as I think basically your code will rely upon external libraries and when you want to compile the code into an executable you need to somehow get those external libraries into the code as the people running the executable won't have the libraries so you have to add the used functions into the executable so the program can continue running when the methods from the external libraries are called.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
@SadCeliac idea is right as I think basically your code will rely upon external libraries and when you want to compile the code into an executable you need to somehow get those external libraries into the code as the people running the executable won't have the libraries so you have to add the used functions into the executable so the program can continue running when the methods from the external libraries are called.
damn you don't know how pissed I am that I said 'linking determines if there is available memory to execute machine code by checking if the registers will be overwritten, and if they will be, they will reassign different registers to avoid overflows and overwrites' - which just completely wrong lmao
idek if that'll get me one mark out of three :(

BananaFingers

HSC
seems like I did worse than all of you, I studied hard but unfortunately a lot of the stuff that came up in the test was the exact things I didn't study for 😭 I hope I get 80 at least but its unlikely bc I didn't finish the test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)