SDD study thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
lets get the thread going

Explain how reverse/backwards engineering affects the intellectual property rights of software developers.

EmBista

HSC
Explain how reverse/backwards engineering affects the intellectual property rights of software developers.
through using reverse engineering in creating new software the original ideas of the original software developer are used. Thus the intellectual property is copied/modified to some extent and we may speak of plagiarism.

Identify the steps of the translation process

Shadowfex

HSC
The steps are:

Lexical Analysis
Syntax Analysis
Type-Checking
Production of Object Code

What are design specifications?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Design specs are a 'blue print' for a software solution and provide guiding principles in which to develop the software. It considers the requirements from both the developer and the users perspective.....I actually know almost nothing if someone would like to add please feel free

What's the difference between a driver and a stub ?

Shadowfex

HSC
Stub:A skeletal or special purpose implementation of a software component, used to develop or test a component that calls or is otherwise dependent on it.It replaces a called component. (Used in Top-Down Development)
Driver: A software component that replaces a component that take cares of the control
and/or the calling of a component or system (Used in bottom-down development).

EmBista

HSC
hmm i'm guessing the following question could be in the test..

Explain how different types of documentation could be used to identify sections of code that need to be modified.

HSC
hmm i'm guessing the following question could be in the test..

Explain how different types of documentation could be used to identify sections of code that need to be modified.
good one :roll:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)