Secrets to keeping warm? (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Updated with sources. It ain't a double-blind, randomized trial but hey, it's something.

It feels awesome when you get out of the shower, you're whole body feels so nice and warm as the blood rushes to your skin. Day #8
whichever uni is teaching you medicine

they ain't doing it right

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
wooses

sydney really doesn't get too cold
It's below zero when I wake up on Thursdays and Fridays.

It's not that cold. I'm in Melbourne and its not that cold.

Thermals are good if you must.
Melbourne is closer to the water than where I live, so your argument is stupid.

Updated with sources. It ain't a double-blind, randomized trial but hey, it's something.

It feels awesome when you get out of the shower, you're whole body feels so nice and warm as the blood rushes to your skin. Day #8
"you are whole body feels nice"

Okay...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Where are you?

I must drive ~1 1/2hrs or more to hit water.

It's bloody cold in Melbourne when you're used to the Gold Coast.

sinawi

HSC
If there's no time for breakfast during the cold Australian mornings (when running late for a bus), my best bet is just to down some tea.
I find that the warm water kind of soothes the throat and warms the stomach, and I also don't feel the need to eat like a maniac until recess.

Tea is also good for studying at night too. I mean I could offer generic advice like wrapping up and turning on a heater during freezing Sydney nights/days, but I find tea really works best for me.

swifty13

HSC
I get cold very very easily so at school I wear my long sleeve pyjama shirt/or thermals, my school t-shirt, my jumper, my jersey and my blazer.

I am terrible at studying in winter though. I have been sleeping really early. My heater at home has been dead (It stopped working on the first of JUne, go figure) and the only warm place is my bed with my electric blanket so instead of studying... I fall asleep.

morts

HSC
i stuff newspaper underneath my woolen jumper it doesn't look very flattering but its sooooo warm :evilfire:

I Study Hard

HSC
Thermal underwear.
TBH I don't wear them but mum used to make me when I was little, I've never been able to retain heat very well.
You can get them in like full sleeve tops to wear under your shirt, and you can buy them in these pants things to wear under your actual pants.
They're made out of wool =)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Where are you?

I must drive ~1 1/2hrs or more to hit water.

It's bloody cold in Melbourne when you're used to the Gold Coast.
I'm in about the same situation but in like a flood plane so it gets really foggy and cold. :cold:

Thermal underwear.
TBH I don't wear them but mum used to make me when I was little, I've never been able to retain heat very well.
You can get them in like full sleeve tops to wear under your shirt, and you can buy them in these pants things to wear under your actual pants.
They're made out of wool =)
The best ones are synthetic.

They don't retain water (gross)

I Study Hard

HSC
I'm in about the same situation but in like a flood plane so it gets really foggy and cold. :cold:

The best ones are synthetic.

They don't retain water (gross)
Ahh, I wouldn't know about synthetic ones, synthetic materials tend to irritate my skin condition.

johnitoo

HSC
wearing compression shorts/ shirt underneath everything is good and wearing longer socks!

AalaMargaret

HSC
N/A
Nice sharing ... After reading your i google about hand warmers .. And i came cross the benefits of hand warmers And thought to share it you

The benefits of the Foot & Hand Warmers are

Heating and cooling feature
Aromatherapy the natural way
Aches and pains liberation especially for your neck
Pain and aches reliever

LadyLaLa

HSC
Ok Winter is finally OVERRRR
Anyways what I found that helps so so so so much was a scarf!!! I think someone recommended wearing a scarf here. I don't remember. Anywho! It made heaps of difference to my warmth! Without it all the wind just slides into my chest area and makes me cold D: So yea definitely wear a scarf!!! :D (Y)
Imma try thermal wear next year haha! Thanks for the advice! ^^

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
During recess, you should take a jog around the oval or something. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)