Section 1: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Revolution

HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
These are the correct answers, I went through the paper with my teacher and these are the best answers.
I still don't think 17 is A...

Last edited:

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
when a mediator arbitrates it just means the the mediator suggests an option for resolving the conflict.. it is not compulsory.. when the issue is taken to arbitration the arbitary person also suggests something this is a lil more compulsory but still not yet legally binding.. the court systems are the only legally binding result..

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Arbitrate. v.

Act between parties with a view to reconciling differences.

pig_93

HSC
i need confirmation for these questions

9. i put B (cos of tax havens- my mentality) but is it c??

13. i got C but i was ready to put B. what did you's put?

17. i put B. i fear is it A now. damn.

19. i put A. right?

20. i put A cos shes asset stripping and selling and leasing back.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
therefore Mz Me thinks the answer is....

p.s under the Arbitration heading in my book:

"Under arbitration, the AIRC hears both sides of a dispute and makes a legally enforceable decision"

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I guess (and hope :p) so. That's what I put. My teacher agreed with me.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Tommy_69 said:
therefore Mz Me thinks the answer is....

p.s under the Arbitration heading in my book:

"Under arbitration, the AIRC hears both sides of a dispute and makes a legally enforceable decision"
True, but was the mediator the AIRC? Or just a random third party?

sly fly

HSC
Yeah but the mediator ARBITRATES meaning that it is a legally binding decision. Even though mediators aren't supposed to arbitrate....meh....it didn't even make sense but I still don't think it's B. In the exam I put D because the q said BEFORE seeking a legally binding decision so I think that's right unless the anti-discrimination tribunal's decisions are legally binding which I don't think they are. Actually is there even such thing as an anti discrimination tribunal? I thought it was the anti discrimination BOARD??? or maybe they're two seperate things. C is way off so it's either A or D. A seems really stupid though.

sly fly

HSC
hey what did everyone get for
I know I definitely got the rest right but these ones I may not have

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC

look at the definition "the AIRC".....this question although talks about the mediator as arbitrating. Mediator's themselves cant make a legally binding decision unless they arbitrate in a industrial tribunal such as the AIRC. Therefore in box 2 of (b)the mediator couldn't come to a decision so therefore the Mediator himself arbitrates between the two parties to come to a decision in box 3.

if the decision cannot be made it goes to through to conciliation (where the AIRC act as the mediator) if that fails it goes to AIRC to make legally enforcable ecision.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
13 C
14 C (possibly incorrect.)
19 B (incorrect. Failed to notice the part referring to the subsidiary's solvency rather than the parent company's. Dammit.)
20 B

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
in any case in (A) Gina wouldn't involve the union straight away without negotiating with her employer first.

dragon fan

What were the answers to the financial calculations in the multiple choice.
I left my paper in there but i think i got 1:4 for one question and 12.5% for the next question

kafryn_rookie

In Transition
HSC
dragon fan said:
What were the answers to the financial calculations in the multiple choice.
I left my paper in there but i think i got 1:4 for one question and 12.5% for the next question
That is correct. Because it was the COST OF GOODS SOLD was $150 000 from memory... though it was a little confusing the way it was set out to conclude so i just added Expenses and Net Profit together.

ss1

HSC
N/A
for 17 i personally think it is (a)... if anyone has the leading edge book that answer is word for word the 'typical grievance procedure' that is illustrated in the book. That was the only reason i put (a) over (b) because it was ultimately a toss up between the two.. only time will tell, i have had so many different opinions on the question.

also i think that 19 is (d) because the info mentioned that the audited accounts revealed that the business equipment was under valued suggesting the business used an inappropriate cut off period possibly for taxing purposes. The corporate raiding is also obvious. However this answer was also a toss up between (b) and (d)

kafryn_rookie

In Transition
HSC
sly fly said:
Yeah but the mediator ARBITRATES meaning that it is a legally binding decision. I still don't think it's B.
I'd have to disgree, because i believe the answer is in fact B

The only reason that it could be interpreted as incorrect is the use of the word 'ARBITRATES'. However, arbitrates does not mean that it is a legally binding decision rather it is a form of alternative dispute resolution, which is not legal offering suggestions to help resolve the conflict.

If it had been worded has 'arbitraTOR' than it would have been incorrect. Tough one though, could go either way but i do believe that it is B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)