Section 1, Part A - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

hsc2012la

HSC
It was A, just to clarify things..
How are you so sure?

EDIT: Whoops thought you were referring to the vaccination question but question 3 I got A so yay :)

Last edited:

S1MZ8

HSC
In regards to the last question of the multiple choice (the biscuit one), did anyone put d?
I thought that the whole model was backwards as it demonstrated that the unfavourable species (the lemon biscuits) eventually took over the population, as opposed to the favourable ones as occurs in natural selection. Or are you supposed to view the lemon biscuits as having an survival advantage because no one likes it?

Maybe I'm just over-thinking it?
:(
well, the lemon biscuits were suited to their 'environment', they 'camoflagued' or wtver, thats why the 'prey' didnt eat them. Maybe u over-thought it.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the curve of best fit is everyone's nightmare. I've had it in my school exams and it still hasn't taught me to practice them.

S1MZ8

HSC
How are you so sure?
lymph system is involved when their is already an infection. It cant be B (for obvious reasons), nor C, (inflammation happens when there is an infection), thus by elimination it is A.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I put D as well. I thought it was illogical for the model to involve people selecting the 'favourable species' (the biscuits they wanted to eat) because it is meant to be the other way round. The favourable species are meant to remain. In saying that, I did change my answer to D from the answer of passing on traits I think it was. But then the model did show it because as the bowl (lol it wasn't a bowl, a jar?) was refreshed each week, a greater prop'n on yellow biscuits would remain thus it is evident that the trait was being passed on in the popl'n.

nixon2

HSC
what did people get for Q2 in the multiple choice. the one with the embryo was it D the divergent one

_Arsenal_

HSC
  1. 1. B.
    2. C
    3. A
    4. A ( It's wrong - I have no idea why I picked it wahhh :( )
    5. A
    6. C
    7. B
    8. B
    9. - I had no idea so I put down A.
    10. D
    11 - C
    .12 - B
    13. - D
    14. A
    15 - B - Read the question. It states that what happens when an increased water re-absorption occurs in the body. I am pretty sure the question was asking what is the 'negative feedback' in this situation. This was a very confusing question.
    16. D
    17. D
    18 B
    .19 C
    20. - B

How did I go? I think that's around 15? I hope.

HSC
What I put
1.B
2.C
3.A
4.C
5.A
6.C
7.B
8.B
9.B
10.D
11.C
12.C
13.D
14.A
15.A - confusing
16.A
17.D
18.B
19.C
20.B

I realize inoculation one is wrong but hey.

Last edited:

d-pilipovic

HSC
Bio Multiple Choice Check

So I decided to put together the multiple choice into an image and circle the answers I got on that horrible, horrible test.
It'd be awesome if you guys could go through and tell me if your answers differed for anything, multiple choice was my favourite part of that whole thing.
http://i.imgur.com/w9qOA.jpg

Last edited:

Mem94

HSC
The questions were so poorly worded. They really should have checked over it. A lot of the time none of them were technically correct. I think I got most of them though :)

febebebe

HSC
  1. 1. B.
    2. C
    3. A
    4. A ( It's wrong - I have no idea why I picked it wahhh :( )
    5. A
    6. C
    7. B
    8. B
    9. - I had no idea so I put down A.
    10. D
    11 - C
    .12 - B
    13. - D
    14. A
    15 - B - Read the question. It states that what happens when an increased water re-absorption occurs in the body. I am pretty sure the question was asking what is the 'negative feedback' in this situation. This was a very confusing question.
    16. D
    17. D
    18 B
    .19 C
    20. - B

How did I go? I think that's around 15? I hope.
u got 16 :)

HKspec009

HSC
i got (16-18)/20
According to what everyone put here but most likely 17

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with most except:
7 - B
12 could possibly be D but that was my worst topic so no idea.
19 - A (it's a pretty tricky question for HSC bio)

d-pilipovic

HSC
What did everyone on get for 2? I was stuck between C and B
That would be C, it helps identify evolution as it is part of the field of comparative embryology
Similar structures in embryos show that we evolved from a like ancestor, an example is the gill pouch found on most embryos

miranda94

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Biology

Uh, isn't polymerase what binds DNA strands...? Or am I going crazy..
no you're right, catalase is the enzyme that breaks down hydrogen peroxide in the liver, not polymerase

HSC
If there's any way to post up the "official" correct answers, can someone put it up, please :)

huyennessyy

HSC
I did so bad. Multiple Choice has screwed me over. Hate when you circle the correct answer then cross it out, all in the last 15 minutes. Everything else was fine though. Still hoping for 85/100 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)