Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

toby12

HSC
Amount of pages necessary for SECTION 1?

Is 3 + pages for section 1 really necessary? like their short answer questions.. therefore wouldnt you just do enough to answer the question regarding how many marks it is?

christoffpow

HSC
This is what i did. Dunno if it's right though.

a) Layering of hands represented the way different people form the foundation of belonging to a place, in this case the home. Talked about the juxtaposition in age/color in the hands as well (i remember the bottom hands were all wrinkly) = belonging transcends age, gender and race.. etc

b) Talked about how they weren't mainstream, reflected in how they received dole, were urban poor, lived on outskirts, etc. that was tricky

c) Ummmm personification of the landscape, natural imagery, repetition of ellipses promotes a sense of patience and ease.. emotive language.. all contributed and helped exemplify her connection to the landscape and nature.. watevs

d) STRUCTURE! how the guy set it out, with subparagraphs etc. Personal tone and first person narration... juxtaposition between colloquial and formal language.. reference to quotation of TS ELLIOT.. shit i can't remember, there were more

e) text c and d. c communicated belonging in reference to nature... and d communicated in reference to a more artificial world... in that way they were different. but essentially they both explored the concept of belonging to a place. Used techniques etc..

dunno if thats what anyone else did?

TaraBella

HSC
Re: Amount of pages necessary for SECTION 1?

Yes you are correct. People should judge the amount they write based on the marks there is needed.

I was kinda thinking of the maths paper and wrote each question on a seperate page, even if I didn't fill up the page, just incase different markers are marking different questions (from section 1)
All up it probably added up to like
I dunno
3 pages at most?

mR sinister

HSC
ok,
Well i done good for all the other questions except for the 5 marker
comparison of two texts...

How much are you generally ment to write for that section?
and how many techniques are you ment to include for each comparison text?

Generally to get 4/5 or 5/5

Also for the 1st question
a) i wrote about the contrast between the darker shades in the background with the lighter shade of the house (i thought that's what most people would of done too, but thats not the case)
and i said how a 'home' can provide a comforting place to belong when in times of darkness.

Last edited:

madsam

God among men
HSC

although its short answer, you really should be writing as much as you can in the 40 minutes

ie about 2 booklet pages every 10 minutes

i ended up writing 7 pages methinks for the questions

Each booklet page is equivalent to about 1/2 a normal writing pad, so like, dont get caught in the trap where you think you've written more than you actually have

Nuclear

HSC

For the short answers I think I wrote 4 and a half pages.

But I did A and B on the same page >.<

Ahmadzz

HSC

hmm yeah i got 7.5 pages down somehow :S.. well i found that out by the supervisor asking me to fill in one of the student numbers that i forgot to .. so i sneak peeked & was half a page away from the full booklet. Well the fact was that i finished everything first and got to the reading task last. (10 pages creative/ 8 pages essay) & i kinda had time to spare so i got a bit extended on the responses.. well to be honest no i dont think u need pages for reading tasks, its just the answer that counts. But im a lousy writer & like to have some security around my answers LOL ;)

chuboy

HSC
For the house:

The house is placed on top of the hands showing how a family is the foundation of a home.

The house is in the child's hand because the child holds the house up (desire for stability, comfort etc), however it needs support from the mother's hand, who needs support from the father etc. Without all the hands or the house the whole thing would fall apart.

The door is open suggesting a sense of welcoming.

Text C:
One thing i noticed especially was the using the combinations of sensory imagery. ie 'symphonies of colour' where a symphony would generally be used to refer to sounds, same with 'wet with light'.

Last edited:

mazarati

HSC
Re: omg....

i just realised,

in part one in the 5 marker, i contrasted two texts rather than drawing out their similarities

in the creative, i wrote a story about not belonging, from the first quote. The question below said something about celebrates?

would i score anything? or am i screwed?
I did exactly the same as you xD

it should be ok. ><

I did not see the 'celebrates' part until the end of the exam ^^;

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

i contrasted but also drew similarities.

i also wrote about not belonging, in reference to relationships, or lack thereof.

didn't even see the celebrates bit until you mentioned it now.

JB10

HSC

I contrasted.. You freaked me out a little but I think we're ok.

JB10

HSC

Mine was 2.5 pages, thought that was enough.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Doesn't matter how much yo uwrite for Section One. As long as you fit the criteria, there is no reason why you cannot get full marks.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC

fucked up the 5 marker. not even get 5 pages for sect 1 :(

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC
Why did they write "We did not belong?"

Man I dunno, maybe 'cause they felt like THEY DIDN'T BELONG PERHAPS?

*fail'd*

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC
FUUU- I did section 1 last and didn't spare much time for it. Damnit, I really screwed up my marks.

12em12

HSC
hello sec 1 i was a little lost in it jst wondering 4 da 5 mark question

i wrote in an mini essay format wid intro and conclusion

i did half my essay comparin them with 2 technique and quote for both

and i contrasted them with 1 technique and quote for both

i no dis wont be compltly acurate but how much can i get assuming my techniques and quotes are correct.

i think i got for that section 1,2,3,2,3 bout 11/15 but dis is lik harsh assumptions.

i used 1 technique that im not sure was correct for da 3 mark question dats y i gve my self 2 and da first question not sure if i answered da question exactly.

BrookeMaree

HSC
how the hell are you able to write 7 pages to a 5 mark question you wrote as much as i did for extendeed response.. its only a 2hour exam Do not understand how people can write so much in so little time ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)