^emmie^

HSC
everyones saying they ddint get what it means - me included

just wondering how everyone interpereted it

what did u say it makes him realise

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I wrote it made him realise that journeys are learning experiences or some shit lol 0/3

collide

HSC
lol i wrote about how the landscape significantly impacts on the journey and how you have to experience the journey yourself to really understand what the writer is trying to convey..
and then i made up more shit that i can't remember haha.
FAIL.

LatK7

HSC
I said something about the journey having to be some broad, in depth experience to fully grasp it. Pulled quotes and stuff from the reference to the plane.

Awful text.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
farout i interpreted the question wrong...i thought the ywanted 3 so i came up with 3 bullshit ones...

1)traveller or non traveller, will always have a desire to journey (dont know how i made this one up)
2) Journes present greater opportunities to those who seek it?
3) people appeal to journeys that complement their personality/emotion...some bullshit liek that

farout...shit question, had no clue waht to talk about...although i got the one marker!! his attitude.

starrysky

HSC
I just said that his realisation was that certain mindsets shape the experiences in the journey (there was something about how a linear thought pattern was bad versus a rhythmic mental pattern or some crap), and that diverse exploration is intrinsic to the journey, etc. etc.

lolscrewed.

fartx2

HSC
i said that in order to understand the world, you have to journey to all places like that guy did in the desert

he said the horizon was his home, that means hes forever travelling (towards the horizon)

when you go on journeys, you get a piece of "the broken mosiac" then you can build your own character or something like that.

im probably wrong, though

redherring

HSC
definitely the most ambiguous piece of crap i've ever written.

i discussed how the transient Australian landscape acted as the catalyst for his geographically dependent, psychological transformation, and used techniques to support that argument.

in other words, i talked shite.

FromDeeEast

HSC
i am was tired when i started the exam, i didnt get text 3 at all, then i felt like crap for the rest of the exam cause i thought i was going to fail. i am kinda glad to see every 1 else having trouble with the 3rd text too lol

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
You guys! Think positively! Reading everyone's interpreations - they are all pretty similar (mine included) so that should give us hope that we approached the question in the right way!

LOOK WE ALL GOT 100% FOR THIS QUESTION!! POSITIVE THINKING PEOPLE!!

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
You guys! Think positively! Reading everyone's interpreations - they are all pretty similar (mine included) so that should give us hope that we approached the question in the right way!

LOOK WE ALL GOT 100% FOR THIS QUESTION!! POSITIVE THINKING PEOPLE!!

xtinkx

HSC
fartx2 said:
i said that in order to understand the world, you have to journey to all places like that guy did in the desert

he said the horizon was his home, that means hes forever travelling (towards the horizon)

when you go on journeys, you get a piece of "the broken mosiac" then you can build your own character or something like that.

im probably wrong, though

Yeah that's kinda what i wrote.... the traveler must physically journey to experience the beauty of the Australian outbaack yadda yadda ...stuipid text

williamc

HSC
redherring said:
definitely the most ambiguous piece of crap i've ever written.

i discussed how the transient Australian landscape acted as the catalyst for his geographically dependent, psychological transformation, and used techniques to support that argument.

in other words, i talked shite.
Thats nearly exactly what i did. Hoepfully able to scab a few marks. But the thing is because i didn't understand text 3, or wasnt sure if i was intrepeting it right, i HAD to do text 1 for part e. (which limtied my discussion) If 2 pages of shit talking about stylistic and visual techniques and how this shapes my perception of journey gets me 3/5 im happy.

i.love.my.duck

HSC
hahaha...they just had this segment on the radio...702 drive, and they had the rothwell guy on the line, asking him about his book...

then they asked him what he would write for the questions...and he said about the horizon question, somethign like how you're always travelling and that you never really find the end result...your life is a continuous journey...

and i think for the 3 mark question something about the beauty of the landscape...can't really remember....about the landscape though...

they had a few students who rang up and gave their own answers too, then they asked the rothwell guy how he felt about really freaking out 60,000 students across the state...he said he felt guilty, and then one of the students who rang up said to him: "you should feel guilty!" and stuff about how it was a horrible text, though in the context of an exam...

haha he was this old english poncy guy =) "when one travels, one must appreciate the landscape..." etc

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Martyno1 said:
I wrote it made him realise that journeys are learning experiences or some shit lol 0/3
yeah thats what i wrote too - had no idea what the fuck he was saying.

collide

HSC
karpensteeeen said:
Wat did you guys say about his attitude? the one-marker?
i said his attitude is one of enthusiasm.. :S is that right? one of my friends said 'optimism' and another one said 'nostalgic'

efhat

HSC
omg i hope im not too wrong.......i wrote that he learns the journey, if planned and structured will not lead to a fulfilling or complete conclusion, but rather you have to lose yourself in the journey and venture into the unknown to gain a better and deeper understanding of the landscape or wateva :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)