Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
IKR i was scared coz people were saying it was a speech
My teacher, who is a HSC marker, said that the responses that got a higher mark were the ones that wrote in a form other than a story because they would stand out as most people would write a story. So, if you prepared a speech, you would actually be advantaged in a certain way.

jenniferfranco

HSC
Was it just me or did anyone think that the picture looked like dorothy from wizard of oz?

Candidate

HSC
Just reread it sorry, it's not in present tense.
The way I used it let me write the rest in present tense, didn't realise at the time though so I'll probs lose marks for that :(
I'm pretty certain it doesn't matter what tense you wrote your story in. All it said was incorporate it as a significant element, not quote it or begin your story with it, which would force you to match the quotation's tense.

NWO

HSC
gg. ur gonna be in jail lol and mystery mark oh and did u describe the girl in the pc getting raped? must have been dramatic lol.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I used the 3rd stimulus, using it as dialogue from my main character to another and then referencing it again later on...
I didn't even have a prepared story so it was all basically done on the spot.

ejayeh

HSC
i thought the quotes were so shit, still managed to work it in but

ejayeh

HSC
I wanted to do this earlier in the year but heard it was over done, hope yours is good :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Oh mate.
Didn't finish my creative....
Included my stimulus at the end of my creative writing... bar one sentence

kellie_1996

HSC
I used the 3rd, I was a bit confused though, were we supposed/allowed to actually use the quote? I did :/

hsclover

HSC
N/A
I used the 3rd, I was a bit confused though, were we supposed/allowed to actually use the quote? I did :/
Hey kelli_1996, judging from other years, either way should be fine :) I'm sure you're allowed to use the quote, and if not, that's fine too.

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC
Yes, you are allowed to use the quote. Feel free to. The purpose of the creative writing section is to test how well you can integrate a stimulus into a creative piece. This can be through the direct quoting of the stimulus or through an interpretation of the stimulus where aspects of the stimulus are depicted through literary techniques.

enufownage

HSC
My thoughts on it: I'm not going to become a fkn author or writer when i'm older.
7/15 for me on this.
but hey, at least i'm being honest.

kellie_1996

HSC
Thanks! Ugh, I feel so silly now though, I forgot to change it to first person! ahh such a stupid mistake :( Hopefully my marks wont suffer too much... Does anyone know how much it matters if creative writing isn't very central to the stimulus? I went in with a prepared piece, and I'm not sure that the stimulus worked all that well, but then again, it's all about being "creative" right? I'm just hoping that's how it will come across to the markers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)