Do you reckon i would get 4 marks for.

apartheid e.g. south africa
genocide e.g. hitler jews.

Nat_nat

Harry Flashman said:
Me too.

Are you a Modern Historian perchance?
HELL YES
even though modern has been my worst exam, i thank my experiences with Nazi Germany and genocide and Albert speer very much coz i was like wtf is an international crime? then i thought of modern then im like
AHHHH lol
does stuff like crimes against humanity and war crimes count even though they arent listed in the syllabus? they fall into crimes aganist a nation right?

liger

HSC
lozin said:
Do you reckon i would get 4 marks for.

apartheid e.g. south africa
genocide e.g. hitler jews.
You'd get marks for genocide but not apartheid. It's not an international crime, it's a set of domestic policies

lozin

HSC
liger said:
You'd get marks for genocide but not apartheid. It's not an international crime, it's a set of domestic policies
Just checked and Heinemann(sp?) Legal Studies book on pg 108 has both of them as types of international crime.

Guernica

HSC
I said that the two types of international crimes are those that occur within no clear-cut jurisdiction and those that are in a jurisdiction but have elements that are of international concern.

Eg for the first kind: piracy, aircraft highjacking.
Eg for the second kind: genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes.

HaViLy

HSC
gnat_gnat said:
I wrote
"Crimes against humanity - genocide e.g. nazi extermination of the jews"
"War crimes - e.g. invasion of other countries or attacks without declaring war"

i did these too and my depty (one of the guys who rote the text book) said that they were right so yay = >

i loved the last question, suited me perfectly. ended up writing bout new dna testing, double jeopardy, anti-terror laws and majority verdicts - loved it!

sentencing was ok pretty simple but good

Vickie

HSC
the crime section was so weird without a scenario.. completely not what i was expecting. the current criminal justice issue was what we had in the trials and i was not expecting it to be in the HSC! my criminal justice issue was the decriminalisation of cannabis... i think the examiner is going to think i am a massive stoner!:eek:
it was an unusual section, but the questions weren't too bad

Laurine1989

HSC
I swear.. dat stupid crime section screwed me up big tym.. d 1st 2 qstns wer aiit... but d 7 mark qtsn and d 12 mrk qstn.. i jst wrote down shit.. lol.. did any1 do d same?:confused:

miZzme19

HSC
weird ass crime q's with no stimulus!? the questions were OKish..did Majority veridicts for the 12marker..not a bad section tho

Benal

HSC
What the hell was with that Types of Crime question? Could it have been phrased any worse? It's like asking "Name two types of shirts" "Short and long sleeved." "WRONG! Red and Blue!".
I better get at least two marks because when I'm asked two types of crimes I automatically think of two actual types, not two categories. Stupid question.

cmbinki

HSC
Yep...of you go back and look at all the other past papers...well, it is like they almost completely changed the format of this one! Was really strange...the Crime section sucked, but I guess it is fairly easy to pull anything out of the air when it comes to Legal :confused: Anywayz, I think I mentioned Transnational crime e.g. drug trading, and then I talked about a crime committed outside a national jurisdiction e.g. plane hijacking...am not sure, but my notes say that is around about...you reckon they wanted two of the three types of international crime...or a more specific or general answer...

All this quessing is so completely frustrating!:headbang:

liger

HSC
I thought the crime section was pretty good, but I had trouble with the wuestion "discussing the role of the sentencing process in balancing the interests of the community with the rights of the offender". I mentioned briefly on how mitigating and aggravating factors affect ther decision. I gave example of how the interests of the comunity has changed sentencing such as the Skaf case, and a couple of sentences on how judicial discretion is important.

What did you all write?

jesuschrist

HSC
i had the same thing
didnt think the rest of crime was too bad...but left it till last so a BIIIT hurried on the 12 marker, oh well got a few pages out....meh....wasnt sure about the sentencing thing.....couldnt remember whterh senecning processes included pretrial or only the ACTUAL sentencing...talked a bit about rights of accused right of soc. etc, then just talked bout changing the jury rules and harsher penalities, and changin bail laws, and the VIS thingy.....i lost at least 10 marks on those last 2 q's oh well...wohooooooooooooooooooo.....carp.....

HSC
I hope that they don't get too bored marking my last two questions, both of them delt heavily with sentencing reform in NSW :D

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
liger said:
I thought the crime section was pretty good, but I had trouble with the wuestion "discussing the role of the sentencing process in balancing the interests of the community with the rights of the offender". I mentioned briefly on how mitigating and aggravating factors affect ther decision. I gave example of how the interests of the comunity has changed sentencing such as the Skaf case, and a couple of sentences on how judicial discretion is important.

What did you all write?
Umm the same sort of thing lol

HSC
Once again, this is a very easy paper compared to last year (though it may seem like this because i've done units related to crime/criminology at university).. but at least you had a question that makes sense. Our question last year was on something that we weren't even taught!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)