Section 2 - Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhere? (1 Viewer)

Used quote as :

• Central Idea

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • Just slotted it in at beginning or somewhere else

Votes: 128 65.6%

• Total voters

roosterman57

HSC
Heading speaks for itself.
I know there is discussions on this in the specific section two topic but im keen to see some numbers here. lol im worried im gunna get penalised for just starting off with the quote and thats all.
Poll away!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Re: Section 2 - Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhe

noir. said:
i did neither. just subtly wove in the quote. it becomes obvious when he [the Pirate] empathises with the victims of his crimes through dialogue and shit :uhhuh: [used the second quote, and interpreted it to not just mean travelling to another country with a passport. the passport in my story was a map muahaha]
I wish i had thought of something as clever as that.

rayd

HSC
i used the first quote something like "Wherever i was, people want to chat with him" since my story was basically situated around a conversation, i started off by saying that I (the character) was a popular kid and that since school everyone wanted to chat with me, then at the end i showed his evolution saying that through his journey he is able share his journey and chat to everyone.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
Re: Section 2 - Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhe

central idea

bethdocker85

HSC

First of all, I'd like to say I thought it was heaps dodge that the BOS couldn't even be bothered to think of their own quotes for stimulus, they had to steal them from the texts we had already analysed in Section I!

Anyway, I just kinda slotted it in.

Basically I did the whole cliche thing of grandparent telling her grandchild a "story" (I used Stimulus B btw), except it was told from grandchild's perspective, then the grandmother's perspective when she told her story (aka. *insert prepared story here*... 11pages in quotations haha) then I kinda brought it back in the end, when she finished telling her story and it switched back to the grandchild's reaction and etc and kinda linked the idea of the stimulus in the opening. and yeah.

It was a bit of a stretch.

Oh well. I did my best. And I wasn't willing to sacrifice my story. I bloody well wanted to write it! Haha, it was part of my 4unit Eng Major Work and I used it for Half-Yearly and Trial Exam already ;)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

Okay I admit it, I wrote a story about the puppy who lost his way.

historykidd

HSC

Fish Sauce said:
: D.

ashleypage

HSC

My prepared story was like a letter that was written by a dead guy at the top of a mountain in the Himalayas, and it's written to the next guy who's stupid enough to ignore the villagers and go up there, and there's an abominable snowman up the top.

I used quote (c) and changed it so that at the top there was a big crystallly thing and the guy writing the letter understands all the mysteries of the universe from looking in it. But he was supposed to be a real cynical bastard in his letter, and I couldn't really work it because why would you be cynical when you know the secrets of the universe =[

It kinda suckeddd.

anarekrap

HSC
I used the 3rd quote which was drawn from the 3rd text in section one...

It was something about fragmented, shimmering light or something...
i wove it into my creative, making light a central motif of my writing.
I am REALLY hoping that is alright. :confused: oh well can't do shit about it now!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

Fish Sauce said:
How does placing the pieces of your life back together which is like a mosaic shattered by the harsh blow of video game addiction sound to you then as a dodgy response ?

EDIT: The poll choices were even before I edited this post.
EDIT2: LULZ, "Just slotted it in at beginning or somewhere else" is winning as of now.

Last edited:

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC

i used stimulus B and wrote about boat people coming to australia without passports and stuff and was hoping the government would empathise with them so they'd be able to stay in the country with "a world famous bridge which resembled a coat hanger".

doofyduck01

HSC

I did both, my whole thing was sort of fragmented so i used the last one "A memory of her nudged me then: a mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments cavorting in childish whispers as i tried desperately to grasp them"

But the whole thing was slightly fragmented, with harmonious style interweaved as well...i can't seem to shift away from a slightly postmodern style haha

abbott75

HSC
I just wrote the quote in my story about three times and linked it to the journey... oh well, it's done now!

fishy89sg

HSC

"Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhere"

whats the difference?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
i kinda slotted it at the start , but wove it in .. as an idea i suppose .. i hope it works !
i used the third one

but yeah , i used it more as a metaphor though

HSC
Where's the option, "I did both" ?

I re-read the question like five times just to be sure I get it, and so yes, I did both - quite well I think.

christine*

HSC
I used the last one.. the "mosaic" thing.. erm I used it in reference to light, as that was kinda the climax of my story, I guess you could say it was a "central idea"... man I'm so lucky I had 2 ideas for creative otherwise I would've been stuffed! It's good they gave us 3 options though ay

On another note, did anyone's hand start to REALLY HURT during that exam? My hand sort of seized up and I got to the point where I almost couldn't write anymore, it was incredibly painful! Man I hope it doesn't happen in modules.

Time to add in the "Clichéd HSC Countdown" (which commonly appears in msn nicknames): 2 exams down, 4 to go !!

xo best wishes to all:)

Itchy.Nox

HSC

I didn't write the quote in, but used it as a 'under the surface' central idea.
Using the 'every where he goes, people chat, blahblah..' it was from these that the character learnt from each person.

I also fused some poetry into it at the start and to end to emphasise an understanding through rhyming pattern and strucutre. It was the people that he 'chatted' to that helped the journey along with lessons and such.

Didn't plan the story at prior, just in the exam.

Far-Kew

HSC
I used the second one about the passport which slotted into my story really well. I just had to change my delivery, but the content fit perfectly with the central idea of empathy etc and I was able to throw the quote in too. =D

Here's hoping the markers liked it!

Good luck all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)