Section 2 - Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhere? (1 Viewer)

Used quote as :

• Central Idea

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • Just slotted it in at beginning or somewhere else

Votes: 128 65.6%

• Total voters

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i used option c)-the mozaic one.
my story was pretty lame...it was a story of an old woman telling a last story to her grandchild before her death (basically when the old woman was bout ten, she dug a hole in the ground, found a memory box, she opened it up, she time traveled to the past, her mozaic like fragmented memory about her mother became complete, then she asks the grandchild to inherit the box and she dies) ...i think i did both. i wrote 7pages only... definitely not enough... but meh. its over.

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
Re: Section 2 - Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhe

i used C
though i just used it to describe my character,
"There she was, on the second last landing, a mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments, eyes swollen, tears trickling down her pale face"
and that was that,
hope it still meets the requirement ><

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
I think I did both. I slotted it in but I also used it as I worked on the whole central idea -- I did the mosaic one (last one) and wrote mine based on a real convict, Mary Bryant, and her escape from NSW where the First Fleet landed.
I'm fairly happy with it.

morganforrest

HSC
Well I just slotted it in, but I was thinking about it and unintentionally it kinda became part of the central idea as well. I incorporated physical and imaginative journeys and as she's sitting in the car her world melts away as she falls asleep before 'parts of the present came hurtling back, a mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments.' And she sort of sees flashes of her real life intertwined with her imaginary journey parts.

rofl, so unintentionally it was my central theme as well....win :rofl:

ziz

HSC
haha! uh geez. seems like the majority just slipped it right in!

lol im guilty. i slipped it in too! my story was kinda typical. a man climbing mt kilamanjaro. how i used it was.. he was at the foothills lookin up at the mountain.. [insert description here] then he looked down at his feel and "mincing beneath" them was rocks n stuff from the mountain and i used a similie 2 compare it with quote three the mosaic thing.
clearly wrong but i interpreted the quote the way i wanted to!

i think i did ok in this section my story was relli gud. and it had heaps of description and lang. techniques
tho i think i fkd up cos i didnt finish. meh i had a paragraph left. ah well.

wooooo paper two here we comeeeeeeeee!

iv lost my motivation 2 study(after one exam hahaha) !! argh! not good! :mad1:

mortisflux

HSC
I used C as the central idea and as a quote ^^ I was really happy with my story. I hated the other two quotes, but the third one was just too easy!

jimv

HSC
Re: Section 2 - Who used quote as central idea, who just slotted the quote in somewhe

I just put it at the start of my creative writing. I used the third one and i dont think it made much sense but i used it so i should be fine.

Hairey

HSC

gah i hate english but anyway, i decided as i was lying in bed unable to sleep the night before to write a story about a bogong moth travelling to the city with all the other barstard that were pelting me when i was walking down george street that time. i was originally gonna use the quote to describe a point where a bunch of moths are attacked (by my little brother) but ran out of time so used the quote to describe what the city looked like when they finally arrived.

yeah, so basically the point is, ill be glad if i get a mark in the 70's (all round that is)

Last edited:

conroy1234

supermeatpie
HSC

my story that i'd prepared earlier didn't fit ANY of the quotes they gave us, so i made one of them fit!!

it turned out pretty crap-i'd be lucky to get 10 for it

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
Well I used the second One.
My story fit pretttyyy well...
Just had to manipulate it a bit.
I agree but, they should have come up with different stimuluses.
I pretty much just slotted it in.
Quoted it towards the end
My moment or 'realisation' lol
i guess if the story is good enough,
they wont penalise too much forslottiting it in,
i really have no idea
=/

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

I wonder when they do all the marker's feedback stuff for the Board website.

Horseypie

HSC

i kinda measured out my story then placed the quote right in the middle...

nah jk. i did journal entries about a golfer who had made the australian open in the final qualifying round, and he was using the journal to write down his thoughts about the week he played there and to work out his game plans and stuff....was pretty crap but hopefully the markers say "wow journals!" and mark me well.

what-for?

HSC
used the first quote in the beginning.

my narrative was from two perspectives. first, it was a reporter and cameraman talking to each other about this guy they were following. i separated the first view point from the second with 3 asterisks * * *

my second viewpoint was from the guy that was being followed by the media.
basically, he's a widow walking from Brisbane to Sydney to get sponsors to donate funds to save his child who is dying from gastoschisis. blah blah blah ---> his "journey" has caught media attention, etc. etc.

as a closing paragraph i returned back to the viewpoint of the reporter and her camera man again with 3 asterisks * * *

gotta love the asterisks.

x.cortez

HSC
My creative piece was about a young boy who after he's brother was killed before his eyes suffered severe trauma and mental illness. "everywhere he went people chat to him .. except nobody's there". i just slotted it in at the end.

It was quite GAAAAAAY !

Btw . would we have marks deducted if it wasnt used as the "central idea"?

lor.x3

HSC
N/A

Horseypie said:
i kinda measured out my story then placed the quote right in the middle...

nah jk. i did journal entries about a golfer who had made the australian open in the final qualifying round, and he was using the journal to write down his thoughts about the week he played there and to work out his game plans and stuff....was pretty crap but hopefully the markers say "wow journals!" and mark me well.
I did journal entries(well diary entries) as well! it does seem relatively unique though, here's hoping everyone else did stories. I used quote A and wrote about a girl who's jealous of a guy because everyone talks to him and she spends the entire series of entries talking about not only her holiday away, but also continually wondering why people like this guy so much...eventually she figures it out and the last entry ends with the same quote but replace him with the girl....pretty random yeah but at least it was a central idea!

shade8219

The Fob of SBHS '07
HSC

I used the 2nd quote as the metaphorical catalyst for my journey creative. Basically wrote the quote out as part of the dialogue which triggered the entire journey through time, so I suppose it sort of was A central idea...
X_X

seedoubleyou

HSC

"Everywhere he goes people chat to him..."

best.first.line.ever.

made it turn into a son claiming his father was well liked, even though he hated him. (lol juxtaposition already!~)

then, he planned to run away from home.

worst story ever, but i think it worked.

morganforrest

HSC

seedoubleyou said:
"Everywhere he goes people chat to him..."

best.first.line.ever.

made it turn into a son claiming his father was well liked, even though he hated him. (lol juxtaposition already!~)

then, he planned to run away from home.

worst story ever, but i think it worked.
Disagree

"The past may be another country. But the only passport required is empathy..."

I definitely would have used that if the last one didn't fit into my story better. I think that ^ one is an excellent first line...even if they did steal it from Section 1

bmwz4

HSC
i used the empathy as the passport one by saying slipping in "a country may be his past, but the passport of his empathy was misplaced. so i kinda turned it around to fit it into my story. i dno if i did it well since the man saw a vision of his dead wife carrying away his passport like showng that he cnt go back to his past anymore

somuchalex

HSC

i had such a good story and the third quote about the mosaic fit absolutely perfectly into my story, i creamed my pants with gratitude when i saw it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)