Section 2 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of Section 2.

Was it what you prepared for? How did you find the question?

Question 2
Select one of the following quotations. Use this quotation as a central idea in your own piece of writing that explores the experiences a journey may hold.
(a) Everywhere he goes people chat to him...
OR
(b) The past may be another country. But the only passport required is empathy...
OR
(c) ...A mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments...

Last edited:
HSC
im a bit worried about this one

i wrote 4 and a half pages which is good, but during my trials my teacher and tutor was just giving us papers from 2002 and 2003 where it was all on change

so i wrote mine all about change

i know ti wastnt the prescribed AOS and the teacher was like 'dont do it' on our last day, but it was still a pretty well written piece (i know change heaps well seeing as though i did about 20 change essays) so im hoping the markers see that and give me good marks as a result

would be interested to hear how everyone else went with this question

zcb666

HSC
I thought I went really well in this section.. Better than the other two anyway. Damn my wrist hurts so bad now... Mondays gonna be worse -_-

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
zcb666 said:
I thought I went really well in this section.. Better than the other two anyway. Damn my wrist hurts so bad now... Mondays gonna be worse -_-
yeah same .. the only section im expecting close to a-range for =)
used 9 pages ..

which quote did you guys pick ? i chose the third one.

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
i went so good on my creative. well i'd like to think so anyway, especially since i thought i'd forget my ideas but i didn't and i wrote really well without draining too much time. i think i had it done in like 30 mins :D

but in saying that, i hope i'm not completely deluded and have really fucked it up lulz

AJD

HSC
I had a solid planned story, but I couldn't relate it to the question well :mad:

HSC
I picked the first one, and I think I went alright.

I wrote 3-4 pages, which is what I usually write. And less and I would've been worried. :S

moco

HSC
The easier of the three. i managed to complete it in 30 minutes with 7 pages

HSC
Oh, and I liked how they picked those quotations though, just taking them from Texts 1, 2 and 3. :rofl:

mzduxx2006

HSC
Rafy said:
Share your overall thoughts of Section 2.

Was it what you prepared for? How did you find the question?
i picked question b. it really suited my whole story. intertwining physical, emotional and imaginative journeys together. my dads a migrant so i wrote about his and my own experiences, and our trip to albania after the Kosovo war. ive been working on the story for a year so i hope it gets a good mark.

williamc

HSC
^ i didnt notice that.

anyways my creative fit perfectly, should be A range. 8 pages.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I think I may have fucked it up but I think I actually did well in it.. well for writing 5 pages and leaving 25 minutes to do the whole section.

shona1990

HSC
Used the third phrase, it fitted perfectly to my story, wrote around 6 pages.

I used pretty much the same story for my trials, I was told I would have recieved an A had it been longer - around 6 pages. I wrote six pages and worked at the story and language and text integ - made it a bit more sophisticated, so I'm hoping for at least a 12..
I know I shouldn't use a prepaired response, but screw it, I managed to pull it off just fine. :)

I'm really happy with section 2. Section three however.... unexpected detours?!?! That one screwed me.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yeah i use the third cos it fit most easily into my story as well.

yeah haha , essay screwed me too - i always thought imaginative journeys had the same destination o_O

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Wrote I think 5.5 pages... god, I wasnt expecting the lines to be so massive though, threw me off :( and I used the 3rd quote, fit pretty well with the story I had planned except I messed the ending a bit and it wasn't as hard-hitting as it was in the planned version. Argh. Oh wells. Same one I used in the trials which got me 14/15 IIRC, and I tweaked the language a bit as well.

samuel slack

HSC
Used third quote, and hopefully did alright. Hopefully. Wrote about 5 and a half pages.

LatK7

HSC
Used the second quote. I used a fragmented, duel perspective story to fit in with the quote. Got 14 in the trial, hopefully 11+ here.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Used the third quote and i think i got around 8-12 for it, did about 5 pages so overall not bad, didnt real fit my question but i squeezed it in there...Die quote DIE!!!

Last edited:

hunni.xx

HSC
i did da 2nd... bt did we hav 2 lyk highlight da quote or sum shit so deyd see it?? i forgot :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)