Section 2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
I thought those quotes were crap personally. i mean to different people they would have worked but my stories, none of them really related to any of those quotes... i don't think i did very well on that or the first section. infact i think paper 2 will be my better mark.
but only time will tell.

BHHS

HSC
Whoever the hell is using our account, stop trying to get it banned, or at least wait until after 5th Nov.

He's not representative of our school, ignore him.

HSC
BHHS said:
Whoever the hell is using our account, stop trying to get it banned, or at least wait until after 5th Nov.

He's not representative of our school, ignore him.
Just curious though... why does your school have an account? Surely it would make more sense if you all just used individual accounts? :confused:

christo89

HSC
I hated the quotes, didnt suit my prepepared response too wel, but i managed to do it n wrote it prety nicely..fingers crossed 12-13 ish

emoslitorist

HSC
So they gave us the worst texts ever for section 1 and have the nerve to give it to us again for section 2.

Overall, I'm happy with my story. My "mosaic" were a boy and a girl who went on a trip across outback Australia. =P Filled up the booklet.

chukatsung

HSC
lol, i chose quote number 1 and wrote some ghost talking to a guy to go on a "physical" quest

lol
too much RPG games lol

Lauraline xx

HSC
i loved this section. it fitted so well with my story... probably one of the only good stories ive ever written...

i didnt expect them to come from that piece of writing though.

lovethehsc

HSC
N/A
chocolate_lover said:
Just curious though... why does your school have an account? Surely it would make more sense if you all just used individual accounts? :confused:
It's because one person (i know who it is, but i won't name and shame him) set up an account to access premium notes for the grade by inputting all the subjects available at Baulko into the 'subjects list' of BoS when they registered.

He then asked those who wanted to access the notes to donate $1 to him. Over 20 people (a lot more actually) paid him so he made a profit by organising this shens. Oh and he just gave out the password to those who had paid him so it could be any one of the 20+ people involved in this who trolled earlier.

James King should probably ban the account, although it'd be too late at this stage, i think. Maybe set something up to prevent such shens in the future.

And while most of baulko is alright, there are some dodge characters in the 07 cohort. The sad fact is, many of them do end up with great uais but appear to be more arrogant as a cohort than the schools ranked higher than them (ruse, hornsby, syd girls, north sydney girls). Actually scratch north sydney, but the other 3 don't have this much pompous spirit.

naughtymanolo

HSC
BHHS (the loser one) your very sad if you think that your better that people becuase of a number. If you get 97+ it just means that you wasted 1-2 years fo your life, studying constantly and neglecting all other aspects of life. Thats time you will never get back. I hope to get a good UAI but i know that i truely enjoyed my last years of HS, which im not sure if you will be able to do. Plus if anyone wants to judge me on my UAI, shessh you're pathetic. Judge me like a normal person, by the way i look and dress. :p

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
BHHS (the loser one) your very sad if you think that your better that people becuase of a number. If you get 97+ it just means that you wasted 1-2 years fo your life, studying constantly and neglecting all other aspects of life. Thats time you will never get back. I hope to get a good UAI but i know that i truely enjoyed my last years of HS, which im not sure if you will be able to do. Plus if anyone wants to judge me on my UAI, shessh you're pathetic. Judge me like a normal person, by the way i look and dress. :p
Haha. :D I agree.

Student Mum

HSC
Hi, I'm new to this board. I don't know if the time of posting appears here but I'm writing at 1am because my kids are asleep and it's just about the only time I can get onto the computer and do some netsurfing. Phew, the exams are over and now we can breathe again. At least until we find out our marks.

Wouldn't it be great if we all just thought about how much we've learned from our Area of Study rather than just wait for the magic number at the end? In Part 2, I chose the quote (from memory) "...Wherever he goes, people chat with him", and I based it on a taxi driver. We do a lot of talking to our hairdressers and taxi drivers, so I thought who better than a cabbie who takes in the world's problems and probably contributes an opinion or two of his own.

The subject of Journeys would mean a lot more to you when you're older. I know it means more to me now than it would have at school if I'd studied it years ago. Our school (well, TAFE's OTEN) followed the Inner Journey and we studied Empire of the Sun.

When I first sat for my HSC in 1983, I was 17 and bored to tears about even being at school. I was interested in English and Modern History but most of the time I was just frustrated and unable to make up my mind about what I wanted in the future. After a few detours in various types of jobs like Accounts Assistant, Admin Assistant, etc, I realised that it would have been better for me to have remained with English and Modern History because they're the subjects I got the most enjoyment and had the most success with when I sat for my HSC again.

The morale of the story is this: follow your heart with the subjects you enjoy at school and if you show ability in certain subjects, go ahead and pursue them at tertiary level. I don't regret studying accounting at TAFE years ago, but now I'm over the balancing and I don't care for promotions to reach for a higher level. It's English that makes my pulse race now, and that's why I'm going further with it. It was in fact my second attempt at the HSC that highlighted where I should be channelling my energy. I just wish it didn't take me this long to find out. Make sound decisions now and it will save you a lot of frustration and anxiety when you're older.

Good luck to everyone and I hope we all get the results we desire, but realistically worked for.

bjaff

HSC
this didnt fit any of my ideas, but i chose quote 3 about the mosaic, so i wrote a story about a fella who makes a dance called the mosiac, probably sounds rubbish but did anyone write about the same thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)