Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: How did you address the essay question?

Bascially and lack of understanding of people lead to their isolation and when you understand people they are accepted and therefore belong. Any prejudice texts would've done very well.

The question was very unfair to be given to all the texts. Not sure why the BoS did this. Each set of texts (prose, nonfiction, poetry) should have its own question and the questions excels to specific texts.

bmn

HSC
Re: Marked down

I don't think your supposed to get marked down for it... But nevertheless, it will leave the marker will a lower impression, so it generally would.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Re: Marked down

the thing is, because it asked for only 1 related text, i used another poem that i didnt prepare

so its not really waffle, just not too good

bmn

HSC

I basically done understanding of each others emotions, and understanding of the reasons why people don't belong... For both belonging and not belonging.

The question was very unfair to be given to all the texts. Not sure why the BoS did this. Each set of texts (prose, nonfiction, poetry) should have its own question and the questions excels to specific texts.
That would make it so much harder, as the questions would be much more specific.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC

Described 'belonging' as a notion that has the ability to be both nourishing and destructive, then talked about how firstly a sense of 'contextual understanding' was imperative to achieving a sense of belonging, as was 'an understanding of personal integrity (the self)'.

Heshy

HSC

understanding is necessary to develop one's sense of belonging

had 2 mould my essay a lot, generic first sentence was how belonging enhances our sense of acceptance understanding and security lol

driaxx

HSC

The module addresses 4 aspects of belonging:
acceptance
understanding
identity
relationships

you had to work around that and argue that understanding wasn't the only one.

amber!

HSC
i thought it was a bit ridiculous how it asked and specified just the use of ONE supplementary text. our grade had been taught to have three texts prepared and two links with each. However this meant that we were left to think one one or two more in order to make a substantial essay.

untouchablecuz

HSC
the best line of my essay:

One can thus conclude that a social understanding and a sense of belonging are not mutually exclusive, with the presence of latter necessitating the presence of the former.

lol

kill me now

madsam

God among men
HSC

understanding and acceptance within family helps create a sense of belonging as a result of a sense of identity

individuals strive to overcome barriers of ignorace to become accepted and understood

Not understanding barriers (such as mental illness) and hence not accepting them into society has devestating impacts upon the human psyche (depression and shits) (This one was primarily my second additional text, and my normal text...fuck)

jet

Banned
HSC

The module addresses 4 aspects of belonging:
acceptance
understanding
identity
relationships

you had to work around that and argue that understanding wasn't the only one.
The question asked you to "Demonstrate" how the texts explore Understanding. There was no mention of "To what extent" so you can't argue the statement. You could only prove it.

hustler1

HSC
is it alrite if i didnt link my essay to the quote but still relate to belonging?

BTW chek out channel 9 news, my shitty school got recorded

Last edited:

ixswans

HSC
Loved it. Left room for interpretation and could be critiqued very easily.

Thankfully everything I studied in depth went with it perfectly (St Pats, 10 Mary & Feliks - although his whole thing is about growth through belonging).

Had a little panic attack because my other related didn't fit at ALL, but then I saw one related text... :D

I thank my teachers heartily for choosing Skrzynecki!

Last edited:
HSC

my thesis was pretty much that both texts deomstrate the importance of understanding to a sense of belonging as it impacts one's personal identity and the identity of the community.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Lol I just stacked my essay full of the word understanding and variants of it
My thesis was something like.. Understanding the circumstances = belonging, conversely without understanding = no belonging
Easiest way to adapt it into my prepared essay :burn:

Nelson.

HSC
hahaha...i was so lucky, did my first analysis of the Skrzynecki poems (just FS and St Pats) on tuesday night and i was lucky enough to be blessed with that question as the poems had strong links to it and also i only had one related text prepared...thank you Board of studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)