Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
I was clapping to myself when I saw that essay q :3
*Thank god it's not something obscure and weird*

britaker

HSC
Seemed to suit my generic essay alright, had to do a bit of last minute touching up though thanks to Emily Dickinson's poetry generally being annoying as fuck.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Seemed to suit my generic essay alright, had to do a bit of last minute touching up though thanks to Emily Dickinson's poetry generally being annoying as fuck.
"this is my letter to the world" would have been a great poem for the question, so whoever prepared that poem must have been in english exam heaven

acidsushi

HSC
My whole thesis was revolved around conformity and the ways in which it affected the formation of a sense of authentic identity - so when relating it community and identity, I found it incredibly easy and I wanted to kiss the paper.

I took up about 8 pages with 6 body paragraphs, so feeling pretty damn happy!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
how many pages did people write?

and yes I know quality > quantity

--------------------------^ sahh ironic

britaker

HSC
"this is my letter to the world" would have been a great poem for the question, so whoever prepared that poem must have been in english exam heaven
Bloody hell my two were "What Mystery Pervades a Well" and "I Had Been Hungry All The Years"... the latter fitted okay, the first with the whole Nature angle I found a little harder to adapt.

photastic

HSC
how many pages did people write?

and yes I know quality > quantity

--------------------------^ sahh ironic
7 pages but did not focus on "perceive" but focused on how connections/place influence our perception so max is 10/15 :(

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Bloody hell my two were "What Mystery Pervades a Well" and "I Had Been Hungry All The Years"... the latter fitted okay, the first with the whole Nature angle I found a little harder to adapt.
"hungry" would have been quite good for the question but yeah "what mystery..." is definitely more specific to the concept of belonging to Nature etc. though it is kinda adaptable if you play around with if Nature itself is a community.

Either way, I'm sure you did ok and there is no need to worry about it now, focus on smashing out Paper 2!

britaker

HSC
"hungry" would have been quite good for the question but yeah "what mystery..." is definitely more specific to the concept of belonging to Nature etc. though it is kinda adaptable if you play around with if Nature itself is a community.

Either way, I'm sure you did ok and there is no need to worry about it now, focus on smashing out Paper 2!
Woohoo! Thanks for the words of encouragement, best of luck to you too! :)

adendeleeuw

Fronds
HSC
My texts worked perfectly with the essay question so I am extremely happy...if it wasn't for creative...

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I feel like I'm one of the only people who struggled with section 3.

QZP

HSC
I feel like I'm one of the only people who struggled with section 3.
I feel the same but for section 2. What's the max mark I can get for minimal exploration of communities T_T

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I feel the same but for section 2. What's the max mark I can get for minimal exploration of communities T_T
I liked section 2, fit perfectly with my creative! :D For section 3, I don't think I even answered the question but I tried my best! Perhaps I should be worrying more about paper 2!

Simile

HSC
N/A
Did anyone follow thi structure for their essay,

Intro

P.text-1
R-text
P text
P text
Conclusion

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
100% correctly predicted this question. Thanksfully for all the people who bought my essay, identity was the core theme presented :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)