Section 3 (1 Viewer)

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Man, I screwed up so badly. I ran out of time because I was writing too slowly (my hand was killing me and I did the essay second) so I only wrote just over 5 pages and didn't finish writing about my last text. >_>

*Slams head on desk repeatedly* :bomb:

Boots Riley

HSC
sideshowtim said:
People have big writing, you probably wrote as many words as them.
Doubt it. I just seem to have inability to write fast. Why don't they make it 3 hours? Are they testing how fast you write, or what?

sideshowtim

HSC
Boots Riley said:
Doubt it. I just seem to have inability to write fast. Why don't they make it 3 hours? Are they testing how fast you write, or what?
Don't worry mate, they keep the time limits in mind when marking it. I can't seem to write more than 6 pages because of my smaller writing.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I did 9 pages of the biggest bullshit in my life. I didn't understand how to make my texts relate to the bloody question. I have managed to stuff my whole HSC with half a fucking subject. I won't even get 20/45 even though I studied my ass off and memorised all of my texts. Screw the HSC. I hate this shit.

*Lozzie*

HSC
well it was a good question i did imaginative journeys im hoping i did alright i missed out on some of my points because i couldnt remember them i could of been worse glad is over

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
did anyone argue outrightly for or against their statement? i was going to agree outright, then i was going to fully refute it, but i ended up discussing the way that some physical journeys are primarily about interpretation of the new but that in addition to this they also do other things (take you out of the realms of the purely physical, offer obstacles and challenges) and then said that there were instances when it didnt apply (the statement i mean), that it was about something else altogther - this was because my related material was not really suited to the question and i had to think of a way to be able to analyse it without it looking tacked on.

passion89

HSC
I argued against the imaginative journey question. I definately thought the question was a bit out of left field but we'll see when the marks come back lol.

sideshowtim

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
did anyone argue outrightly for or against their statement? i was going to agree outright, then i was going to fully refute it, but i ended up discussing the way that some physical journeys are primarily about interpretation of the new but that in addition to this they also do other things (take you out of the realms of the purely physical, offer obstacles and challenges) and then said that there were instances when it didnt apply (the statement i mean), that it was about something else altogther - this was because my related material was not really suited to the question and i had to think of a way to be able to analyse it without it looking tacked on.
Was against it, I said while speculation wasn't exempt from Imaginative journeys, other elements were more Important. Just allowed me to do more with my texts.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I argued for it outright. I mean, what the hell, I didn't even understand what it meant. So i just assumed my own "interpretation" of the question and moulded all my texts to suit my idea. Yeah, not the smartest fucking thing to do. I'm so pissed with myself. I don't like being dumb. English sucks.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
i thought the essay was good.. at first it puzzled me.. but i had a great quote.. and i interepreted the question to my own interpretation... the interpretation of 'new' being somethignu gain insight to intellectualli physiall or whatver.. so i rekcon i did relali realil good... i wrote 2 full booklets... on a general note my timing around the exam was pretty good... and i wrote weell ovr 1500 words for this essay...

enjoy modules ppl!

Ennaoj

HSC
Thade said:
Man, I screwed up so badly. I ran out of time because I was writing too slowly (my hand was killing me and I did the essay second) so I only wrote just over 5 pages and didn't finish writing about my last text. >_>

*Slams head on desk repeatedly* :bomb:
Hahaha i'm so with you. I did this section last (because i find when i do it first i spend the whole time on it!) except i ran out of time too. I finished it - but badly! The start was great, i did well on my prescribed text - but my other two - i fucked completely by rushing them....

*joins you in slamming head on desk*

:D oh well - Good Luck for MOD's :)

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
1500!!!!!!!

WTFFFFFFFFFF

I had a prepared essay for Physical Journeys, almost universal. I basically related it to the question took me about 50 minutes to rewrite it all out. Almost word by word aswell. ;)

1000 words and I donno how many pages were in that book. I had about 3 pages at the end to spare. =P

As for the question. Wasn't that hard; New what? I just put new discoveries, new perspectives, new strengths. Stuff like that.

xD

Now I have to write up 3 more essays and try and remember them like the back of my hand before monday. =]

lucy088

HSC
Did anyone else doing physical journeys find that question difficult to answer? WHAT THE HELL ARE NEW INTERPRETATIONS OF JOURNEYS???

Lenny_1234

HSC
did u guys get to take ur exams queations afta ?

>>physical journeys are about the interpretation of the knew<< ??

WTF !!!!!

i wrote 8 and a bit but linked my texts to the question by bullshitting at the end of each paragraph

simone.d17

HSC
sideshowtim said:
I did Imaginative journeys and argued against the speculation being the most important process. I said transformations and escaping reality were most important as that fit in well with my texts.
Yeah I sorta did that too. I said that of course specualtion is integral to imaginative journey's, yet it is the process of being internally challenged by external circumstances that brings one to an imaginative journey hence speculation is secondary. it fitted my texts so yeah

pierce88

HSC
Well. Shit. i screwed that up. prescribed text, one text from BOS and and at least one of one choosing.

i wrote about Huck Finn my prescribed text and then it went down hill, i spoke about the BOS poem, Road not taken in the intro and my conclusion. but OMFG i forgot to write about it in the body, how the F*** did i manage that, i feel like crying. but i am a man so i wont, there are 6 more tests to go, hopefully that will bost my UAI.

Please someone tell me i aint screwed for forgeting to write about it.

sideshowtim

HSC
pierce88 said:
Well. Shit. i screwed that up. prescribed text, one text from BOS and and at least one of one choosing.

i wrote about Huck Finn my prescribed text and then it went down hill, i spoke about the BOS poem, Road not taken in the intro and my conclusion. but OMFG i forgot to write about it in the body, how the F*** did i manage that, i feel like crying. but i am a man so i wont, there are 6 more tests to go, hopefully that will bost my UAI.

Please someone tell me i aint screwed for forgeting to write about it.
Don't worry mate, I didn't think I did too great either but the thing is to forget about it, it's behind you and concentrate on doing well in your other subjects. The markers are alot more lenient in the HSC anyway.

I remember even for SC I thought I fucked english up big time...I ended up getting fucking 96/100.

sly_skittle

HSC
I did imaginative journeys and thought that the question was great- i'd been studying my texts (Coleridge) in relation to inspiration, imagination and speculation!
I agreed with the comment by saying that speculation allowed the imaginative journey to decend from a fictional world and influence a present reality-e.g. Frost at Midnight.I wrote about 8 pages, which is a record for me. I'm hoping to get at least 13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)