Section 3 (1 Viewer)

MastroBen

HSC
well hi everyone, i didnt think the paper was too bad, especially section three it was pretty fair. i did the physical journey focus, and did a debate speech, i was trying to step away from the norm of essays, i dunno how many pages about a booklet and a quate

Mastro

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
mrpie said:
Omg Skrzynecki Is Soooo Hot! I Was So Wet Writing About His Poems!!! I Got A Huge Erection Thinkin About Crossing The Red Sea.

you made me laugh!!! :D lovin it man.... keep at it man... we need more people that'll brighten up other ppls days... dw skrzynecki works at UWS as a lecturer.. we should pay him a visit ;) LMAO

good luck to u mate on the modules.. hopefulli u can say the same about Mr. Knightley if your doing EMma/clueless or even betr,... King lear... ahahha

i love you fuckn guys... please just relax and enjoy this time that u have... it'll b the most stressed exams we will ever encounter... :D... if your down on motivation, jus think of the exam in this way... u have 2 hrs on monday to write everything u know about ur texts... write anything and everything tha tu know about the text... when u think about it.. theres only 2 more hours left of the HSC ENGLISH... i hope this works as a piece of motivation to you all who may be feeling abit down... todays exam is over and we have all tried our best to answer the question.... now its a mattr of moving on and tackling our other exams...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!! :D and i really hope you all get the UAI you deserve, cuz i believe that if u deserve your UAI then that in itself is a very big achievement...

Lise M

HSC
WTF, my fellow imaginative journey students, what the hell was that question. process of speculation....pretty sure have never heard of that phrase in my life! kinda took the angle that composers creat situations to allow for growth and change, has that even got anything to do with the question? Had a complete panic attack so kinda just wrote my prepared essay making little referrals back to the question, do u reckon i'll do any good? please explain to me what the question was actually asking?????

daiseydai

HSC
Lise M said:
WTF, my fellow imaginative journey students, what the hell was that question. process of speculation....pretty sure have never heard of that phrase in my life! kinda took the angle that composers creat situations to allow for growth and change, has that even got anything to do with the question? Had a complete panic attack so kinda just wrote my prepared essay making little referrals back to the question, do u reckon i'll do any good? please explain to me what the question was actually asking?????
well lise, do you do coleridge? because if you do, i'm sure the question would seem completely relevant. process of speculation means in other words, the heightening of understanding, the ability to observe new ways of thinking, the mental transformation that comes from the imaginative experience, etc.

a good way to link 'growth and change' to speculation is to say that speculation will instigate development and transformation of an individual.

pist_pete

HSC
the_essence said:
That was a pretty easy essay, wrote 16 pages YAY!!

Anyway, yeah, it wasnt leaning too much towards physical journeys, but i argued it as one's PERCEPTION/ INTERPRETATION of the new landscapes and the psychological changes they experience which is the most prominent thing which happens along physical journeys.
16 pages ?!?! how big r ur words...and how long did it take u?

sideshowtim

HSC
People who did 5-7 pages...don't worry, if you did a quality essay that's all the markers care about. A well written 7 page response will get better marks than a jumbled up 16 page response.

bethy2006

HSC
omg that question was totally good.. i think atleast 0/15.. how good is that.. i CANT BELIEVE U PPL WHO ARE PREDICTING WHAT U GOT.. if u dont htink u got 15/15 then obviously u didnt put in ur 100%. stop predicting or u will be dissappointed with ur results.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
A pretty good case scenario for me. Found it quite easy to adapt my prepared essay to the question, with just a bit of weaving. Probably my best section in the paper in terms of performance and marks.

s2indie

HSC
It was pretty okay. Just linked my paragraphs of my already prepared essay with the statement.

Wrote a booklet.

Cat_Orange

HSC
I did physical journey and spent five minutes of my reading time thinking wtf does interpretations of the new mean?

Anyway, I ended up disagreeing with it because I love arguing. I said how physical journeys weren't interpretations of the new, rather they were interpretations of the old. Physical journey is a concept that has been around since the dawn of time, and although each time period is different, and each person undertaking it is different, the journey still contains the same values, concepts and elements.

Well, I don't know if it sounds plausible but it worked for me while I was in there. A full booklet. I was proud, even though some people did 16. I spent twenty extra minutes on it, and everything still worked out pretty well.

Ha ha! I'm free of journey!

My friends and I plan on having a ritual burning ceremony after the HSC where we shall burn all out notes on one big bonfire. Anyone want to join?

ejme

HSC
Yeah i landed 3 booklets in about 33 minutes or so. My arm is still aching. Well ladies you should see the size of my nerdy arm. I hear writing more is arousing for the nerdy types...

yes i'm lying! i'm ripping on ol mate who writes more than needed.
um, it ain't about quantity but quality! and for that dude who wrote (or reckons they 'wrote') 16 pages... words that can't be read DON'T GET MARKED.

Write less, get better marks for less effort. ;) oh and don't go to uni, get a trade.

If it takes you 16 pages to answer the question, ur too dumb and should be doing english lifeskills.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
pist_pete said:
16 pages ?!?! how big r ur words...and how long did it take u?

her writing is normal size.. i'd know cuz we go to the same school.. and we were the only ones who wrote 2 full booklets and came out of that exam feelin good...
it took me 50 minutes to do that... but it didnt mattr cuz i've alwaiiz timed my essays, prepared stuff and my creative writing at home was alwaiis around 24-25 minutes... so i was able to catch up with time...

u were able to write alot in the synthesis essay.. cuz its prepared stuff and your creative writing doesnt have to be long as... my creative writing piece for my trials went on for 3 and a half a4 pages, it was in a diary text type and i got 15/15... so i could obviously write a heck of a lot more for the synthesis.. and thats how i planned the exam... time management is very very important...

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
ejme said:
If it takes you 16 pages to answer the question, ur too dumb and should be doing english lifeskills.

lol... i think thats not always the case... if you were skrzynecki like we have.. we wrote about 2 texts... and also i wrote about 5 texts in total... 2 related, 1 bos and 2 set text... theres alot of things that affect how much you write... you are supporting your thesis through a range of texts and analysis of texts... plus its the last AOS exam ever in our lives.. so mite aswell write a heck of a lot... and since my prepared essay was ovr 1500 words, it had to go past 2 booklets... but i dunno if your comment is valid but yeh you could b just saying that to take the piss but i dunno... do u realli mean what u say? or are u jus havin a go?

p.s. i get so aroused writing 2 booklets for one question... especially when we get that piece of brown string to tie em up... OMFG!!!! *drools*

;) lolz...

lowek

HSC
For anyone else who did On Giants' Shoulders.
I feel for you.
I really hate that book, it's going on the hsc bonfire.
I wrote a little over one book but I wasn't going to spend over 40 minutes on it.
Did your other sections suffer because you spent more time on your essay?
The time went so quickly, I just don't know how anyone wrote so many pages.

nreeves

HSC
pierce88 said:
Well. Shit. i screwed that up. prescribed text, one text from BOS and and at least one of one choosing.

i wrote about Huck Finn my prescribed text and then it went down hill, i spoke about the BOS poem, Road not taken in the intro and my conclusion. but OMFG i forgot to write about it in the body, how the F*** did i manage that, i feel like crying. but i am a man so i wont, there are 6 more tests to go, hopefully that will bost my UAI.

Please someone tell me i aint screwed for forgeting to write about it.
Hey That is an easy thing to do so dont worry about it!
I nearly forgot as well! I found that most of my time i spent trying to understand what the new was, rather than actually answering the question! THis was only 40% of the exam and you can definately make it up in the modules. Besides sometimes when you think you did well, you dont do as well as you expect and when you think you do crap you end up doing great so dont stress. I thought the question was really tricky and hard to get your head around, and i am sure than so many other people are in the same boat. I do extension2 english and found it tricky so dont worry!

weirdnwonderful

HSC
N/A
I managed to fit it in with my prepared essay by twisting the arguement and partially refuting the statement. Everyone is talking about how many pages they wrote so

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY PAGES THERE ARE IN ONE OF THOSE GIVEN WRITING BOOKLETS ?

thanks

nreeves

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
That was a very standard question. I just talked about the learning experience of the journey and how it promotes one to change, whilst broadening the understanding of oneself and the world around them.

Btw, would you get marked down if you put Peter Skrzynecki instead of say Crossing the Red sea and immigrants at central station 51 when linking? Because i just wrote something like - This being similar to the migrants in Peter Skrzynecki poems etc etc. But, if it refered to just one poem, then i mentioned the title.
I dont think that you would get marked down unless the marker couldnt understand what you are talking about!

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
weirdnwonderful said:
I managed to fit it in with my prepared essay by twisting the arguement and partially refuting the statement. Everyone is talking about how many pages they wrote so

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY PAGES THERE ARE IN ONE OF THOSE GIVEN WRITING BOOKLETS ?

thanks

It says on the front of the booklet.

A big 8.

HSC
Yeah my prepared essay fit in fairly well seeing as most of my material focused on destinations and their effect on the traveller. All i had to do was change my topic sentences, add a sentence at the end of every text and then change a sentence in my conclusion.

Pinksticks

HSC
I thought it was really unfair that the three journeys each had a different essay question.

In all of the past papers i have done there has been a general question which you relate to the area of journeys you studied.

Nothing like any of the past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)