Section 3 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts/comments/opinions on Section 3 (Extended Response; Questions 3-5)

Question 3 (Physical Journeys)
Texts may show us that the world of physical journeys involves unexpected detours. To what extent do the texts you have studied support this idea?

Question 4 (Imaginative Journeys)
Texts may show us that the world of imaginative journeys involves unexpected destinations. To what extent do the texts you have studied support this idea?

Question 5 (Inner Journeys)
Texts may show us that the world of inner journeys involves unexpected encounters. To what extent do the texts you have studied support this idea?

Last edited:
HSC
how many pages you guys write?

i only got 2 for this one (the rest i got 4 and a half) but mine was in point form atleast so it included a fair bit so hopefully that counts for something

i had heaps of time left over just couldnt write any more

cant deal with the stress lol

hope everyone else went well too

all the best

petro283

USYD '10
HSC
Managed to get out 13 pages in 50 minutes. I liked the question, as the essay I had memorised had a strong significance on obstacles / barriers, and the question refered to detours. I think it's a good start for me :D

historykidd

HSC
9 pages - 1500ish words.

Very tricky question I thought threw me off guard i'm expecting 11-13/15.

HSC
how bigs your writing lol

i only got a couple of pages but it was with small writing and point form so thats why

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
the hell ?
i left this bit til last and i didnt even finish it .. bloody.
wrote about 6 pages ?

no conclusion & didnt finish set text. fark im so pissed - i studied so hard for it too !

AJD

HSC
I think I did pretty well in this section, I wrote 8 pages

petro283

USYD '10
HSC
My writing isn't very big at all. But i had finished my first page in 3 1/2 minutes and that was just my intro... You'd be suprised what a little planning will do before hand. The trick is, i spent the first 5 minutes doing my essay plan. (I'm very persistent on structure) and after that, you know each dot point and you elaborate at like 200 words per minute...

mzduxx2006

HSC
Jerruy said:
1 8 page booklet plus 2 pages.
yea thats average. still pretty good. i guess quality and quantity will be taken into account.

i wrote 2 8 page booklets. small writing but it got a bit big towards the end.

i discussed 2 skrzynecki poems. frosts the road not taken and my visual piece.

i ended up talking about crossing the red sea and migrant hostel. just like about the detours and uncontrollability. it was pretty good. i done my best. thats all that matters i guess.

xoxo

HSC
petro283 said:
My writing isn't very big at all. But i had finished my first page in 3 1/2 minutes and that was just my intro... You'd be suprised what a little planning will do before hand. The trick is, i spent the first 5 minutes doing my essay plan. (I'm very persistent on structure) and after that, you know each dot point and you elaborate at like 200 words per minute...
im pretty sure they'll mark down for that

you have to be concise

i had my introductoin done and the start of my main point by the time id started my 2nd paragraph

Beege

HSC
I talked about obstacles in my essay, hopefully that relates to unexpected detours. I tackled the question head on too so I actually answered the question.

petro283

USYD '10
HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:
im pretty sure they'll mark down for that
I was concise, I just had a lot of points to elaborate on. It's better than writing 4 pages of pure garbage.

Beege said:
I talked about obstacles in my essay, hopefully that relates to unexpected detours. I tackled the question head on too so I actually answered the question.
Spot on. ;) You'll do well

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
petro283 said:
whoa 1st page in 3/1/2 minutes ?

my intro took ages .. couldnt think whether to agree or disagree =.=

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
i think i wrote 8 pages and with mid-sized writing. wasn't too happy with it though. what i wrote was good but i'm not sure it fitted the question as well as i'd have liked. oh well, at least i tried :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)