Section 3 (2 Viewers)

moco

HSC
8 pages for me. I could of wrote an extra three pages if i had time.

historykidd

HSC
Isn't there a specific difference between unexpected detours and obstacles? For me obstacles necessitate part of the physical journey whilst unexpected detours are just that - unexpected swerves off a journey.

I just argued against the question that Skrzynecki elucidates concerns for unexpected detours by encapsulating the immigrant experience and emotional awareness that the journey can lead to.

Fuck.
ing.

Hell.

shona1990

HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:
how bigs your writing lol

i only got a couple of pages but it was with small writing and point form so thats why
POINT FORM?
In an essay.
What the hell?

HSC
I've got small writing, and I wrote 3-4 pages.

And I did write a conclusion, (when I rang up the HSC Advice Line they stressed how important a conclusion was).

I hated the question, and somehow used "Leaving Home", "Post Card", "Ivory Trail" and my related text.

edit: Yeah, I wrote about obstacles too, and made sure I mentioned "unexpected detours" for every text.

Last edited:

Thumper

HSC
15 pages in slightly less than 40 minutes.

Inner journeys ftw. If i didnt "answer the question" this time i never will. I referred to it at least twice per paragraph, sometimes more.

Hoping for 13+ for Section III.
What mark do you reckon will be equivalent to a 90? (i dont mean percent, i mean scaled mark).

Thumper

Kimbo Bimbo

HSC
Imag journeys
i got 1 booklet and half another, i was happy with the question. i wrote on kubla, lime tree, wind in the willows, whale rider and an inconvenient truth.
how many related/ own material did everyone else use?

spangacrab

HSC
Fucking shit.
6 pages, last text was brief as and my conclusion was 2 sentences. The bitch for a supervisor cut it off 30 seconds early, DAMN IT! almost enough to do a descent conclusion.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Thumper said:
15 pages in slightly less than 40 minutes.

Inner journeys ftw. If i didnt "answer the question" this time i never will. I referred to it at least twice per paragraph, sometimes more.

Hoping for 13+ for Section III.
What mark do you reckon will be equivalent to a 90? (i dont mean percent, i mean scaled mark).

Thumper
i heard to get a band 6 , you need a raw of around 85 / 105.

MurToN

HSC
I typed my responce and got around 3-4 pages and I completely made bullshit up about the stimulus Booklet text though :p

I was thankful that they didn't ask for at least 2 pieces of additional material though, even though they can be hard with the at least if you only include one. :worried:

3-4 pages typed was around 1200 words. I have no idea how you can do 8 pages of written. Crazy.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
My conclusion was like 4 lines lol. I hate writing conclusions.. I just restated my introduction more concisely. I hope that doesn't take off too many marks...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
you guys shouldn't be comparing how many pages you wrote...since everyone has different size font...and quality > quantity

^emmie^

HSC
i do imaginative n i think the question was preety good compared to what it could have been

i do think that imaginative was the easiest out of the three

i wrote 10 pages n spent about 50-55 minutes on it i could have wrote way more but had no time like my related material n stimulus was only like a page and a half each
is that bad to not write much on them n mainly focus on the set texts???

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I did Imaginative Journeys and I thought the question was pretty straight forward. I wrote about 8 pages with mid-sized writing. All in all, it should be my best section out of the three.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I did the physical journeys question and thought it was a bit unexpected. I hope that I've written enough. Is it possible to get 12+ with 6.5 pages?

colyrook

The Master Cheese
HSC
Kimbo Bimbo said:
Imag journeys
i got 1 booklet and half another, i was happy with the question. i wrote on kubla, lime tree, wind in the willows, whale rider and an inconvenient truth.
how many related/ own material did everyone else use?
I did imaginative journeys too... the matrix trilogy, ender's game, puff the magic dragon song lyric and wind in the willows. Did eight pages, and was happy. Question was hard though... never applied imaginative jounreys to "unexpected destinations".

Legham

HSC
why the crap do you all write so much? Screw that. 3-4 pages was enough for me.

G

gaoOO

As i mentioned in the other thread, this years essay questions were terrible. They were so broad and generic that i wonder why they don't just tell us 'write an essay, memorise it, regurgitate it.'

my essay was about 13 pages, again, big writing. I think maybe around 1200 - 1300 words.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
yay very nice question !!! (physical)
made better sense than text 3 section
hoping on a 13/15 since i hit the question spot on with intertexuality, links with the question etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)