SECTION 4 question (1 Viewer)

HSC
Guys, i'm really worried so can someone pls answer this. For section 4, were we supposed to talk about BOTH influences and strategies?

Wintz

HSC
Well thats how they respond to influences: with strategies

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
When someone told me the operations question (disclaimer, I'm really rusty with Business), I immediately thought of discussing about influences and extending to how you respond to them with strategies. Because they didn't explicitly say "strategies", it is really open to interpretation, but it was the word "response of operations management" that would've made me write about strategies to some extent.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
This q was the worst written q I have seen in my life. But as it had 'influences', you would need to talk about influences. The other key word was 'responses', so it's saying how does the business respond to these influences, which links into the strategies they use

FlameLash

HSC
This q was the worst written q I have seen in my life. But as it had 'influences', you would need to talk about influences. The other key word was 'responses', so it's saying how does the business respond to these influences, which links into the strategies they use
The questions are still very straightforward even though it is much better written as 'Evaluate how operations management may respond to external influences' and likewise for the HR question. Any well-prepared student should know straight away to write about strategies, regardless if it was mentioned explicitly.

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
The questions are still very straightforward even though it is much better written as 'Evaluate how operations management may respond to external influences' and likewise for the HR question. Any well-prepared student should know straight away to write about strategies, regardless if it was mentioned explicitly.
Good to know that some people say strategies - I was just asking my cohort about what they wrote in the exam and a majority of them didn't even mention strategies and I thought I was the stupid one because I'm super rusty

sourmilk

HSC
Gah! Didnt do it other but most of them linked to performance objectives which I mentioned - yet not specified. Hope that's sufficient enough.

HSC
well it's too late to do anything about it now, but if i didn't include strategies, then does that mean the highest i can get would be 10/20 (if i only answered half the qu- on influences)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
well it's too late to do anything about it now, but if i didn't include strategies, then does that mean the highest i can get would be 10/20 (if i only answered half the qu- on influences)
If u wrote about how they responded to influences in some coherent way with case studies, relevant business terminology and good structure I think you could get 12/20 or even higher. The question didn't specify strategies so I'm sure if you addressed it some other way they might generously give you like 10-13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)