Section I - Core (Pompeii and Herculaneum) (1 Viewer)

Hannargh

HSC
Please tell me I'd get a mark for "Corinthian column" for the first question?!! I also knew what the fullery was thank goodness!

sirpoopalot7

HSC
^^^Lol, greek ones? You should have just said it was a peristyle. Lol I did a double take at first at the quetion so I ended up putting like 4 things down. The peristyle (coutryard), the atrium with the impluvium and compluvium.

ray268

HSC
Yup!

Why the source incorporated Mauiri was due to the impact that Mussolini brought to Pompeii and Herculaneum.

Mauiri thought that tourism in the area was a way for him to convert Marxism.
Likewise, Mussolini provided large amounts of funds to make the area all pretty and presentable... rather than having piles of bones etc.

Due to increased tourism, they had displaced items from initial positions (e,g, Villa of Papyri, statues)... link that to management somehow...

Ohh... and you have to start from 1800's when Prince Delbouf, instructed robbers to raid the sites for antiques for his home... no forms of management

And how management has progressed...

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
so will the core removing comprehension be a precedent for the modern history exam also? lol

Blobulator

HSC
Doubting I'll get full marks for the final question since I didn't talk too much about 1800s, more about how it'd progressed since then. Still had plenty of sources and examples though.

I still find it simultaneously odd and amusing that so many people had never heard of a fullery until today though.

As for question 1... I'm pretty sure I probably only got 1/2 for that at best haha. Wasn't too confident in my knowledge of houses.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Feeling like I screwed this section up majorly. Not expecting full marks for ANY of the sections. It's a shame, this is usually the section I fly through but this year I found it horrible. I said Ionic Columns and Impluvium for the first question, but I'm sure they'll likely be harsh bitches and mark me down on 'ionic'. I knew hardly anything on the baths so made most of that up - and didn't do a good job of it. I only knew a little about the 'industries', made up the rest and accidentally said the fulleries were for DYING clothes, because I swore I remembered my teacher saying that at some stage. :| Also bullshat my way through the last section. MANAGING tourism? Seriously, tourism is a small enough part of the syllabus as it is. It sucks that you have to learn so much from the rest of the syllabus and the biggest question is on such a miniscule section.

Not getting my hopes up at all for this exam. Will be happy with low band 5 (if that?) based on my performance in core and society.

themerald

HSC
couldn't remember wat a fing fullery was. so i decided that was a bread maker owell
hahahahaha. hahahaha
sorry i'm not laughing at you not knowing so much as the thought of how gross it would be to have your bread cooked in a fullery. Ewwwww

i didn't go so well with this section i don't think. Lots of writing, but i don't know how well i actually answered the questions. That industry one especially. The only other type of industry i could think of was hospitality, bars, taverns and brothels. And that was only cause its my next exam.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
It was all good. Harder than my trial exam (I think I got the independant one).
The last question, it said from the 1800s onwards, so I talked about what Guiseppe Fiorelli did to briefly increase tourism,and just basically talking about trends in tourism and what the Superintendenza (spelling?) Archaelogica di Pompeii did to compensate for what tourists are doing to the sites.
Though, I also talked about what they weren't doing to...This question sounds awefully ambiguous >.< (in retrospect)

HailSatan

HSC
qu 1 i wrote columns and open doors is that right? And wth is a fullery i just said it was a storage place

A fullery is where you fill a giant tub with human and animal piss, put your clothes into it, then get a bunch of slaves to stomp about in it barefoot.

vantastic

HSC
I absolutely loved the economy question, sources were falling out of my brain!!! and we all know BOS loves sources. But they never leave enough room! i had to ask one of the examiners if i was allowed to write past the allotted lines haha

audioxdoll

HSC
Easy section - Lolling at people putting bakeries, they were washerwomen lol. I mentioned the sex industry as well haha. Amongst like 6 other ones.
lol yeh in my mini intro i wrote prostitution but then i crossed it out once i got up to it incase i gave some extreme conservative marker a heart attack.

LUPANAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blabla91

HSC
Yup!

Why the source incorporated Mauiri was due to the impact that Mussolini brought to Pompeii and Herculaneum.

Mauiri thought that tourism in the area was a way for him to convert Marxism.
Likewise, Mussolini provided large amounts of funds to make the area all pretty and presentable... rather than having piles of bones etc.

Due to increased tourism, they had displaced items from initial positions (e,g, Villa of Papyri, statues)... link that to management somehow...

Ohh... and you have to start from 1800's when Prince Delbouf, instructed robbers to raid the sites for antiques for his home... no forms of management

And how management has progressed...

thank god thats exactly what I did, I was worried I'd totally got the wrong focus since i only mentioned the change to conservation in the end and chucked in the HCP

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
i talked about the fish net and the sex industry in herc like for the women prostitutes and i used the fresco of the god with the giant penis to support it, and the one with the man rooting the slave girl. is that what yous guys did

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
I thought this was ok. Except for the fullery. I called it a bakery. Good times.
When I first saw the fullery I first guessed that it was where they baked the bread lol! But then I changed it, because I figured they would bake the bread in bakeries. I wrote that the fullery was where they made clothes- which was a lot closer to the real answer than where they made bread XP

E

Empyrean444

Surely you weren't under obligation to define "fullery" (seemed self evident to me)?? I linked it to the Moeller/Jongman debate about the wool trade in the area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)