Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

sherly1990

HSC
answer is definitely a!!! coz the rest doesnt make any sense...
i reckon mc is ok... the short answer is a bit challenging though... i didnt expect the questions where you have to use other economy apart from aust.... i totally bulls**t in that one...
i feel sorry for the marker who has 2 suffer tru marking my paper....

runnable

HSC
Re: Multiple choice answers

Sorry for those who think 7=C. I'm dead set sure its A. Anyway lets not talk about this anymore and I've given my reasoning and book references. Lets be back here when the answers come out or something.

Garygaz

HSC

frieda said:
Sorry guys who think 7 is A, as i am pretty sure it is C. The key to this question is that it asks for the INITIAL impact, this can be derived from looking at the long run philips curve.

Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philips_curve and scroll down to "Nairu and inflationary expectations". As is shown, unemployment is at NAIRU, and an increase in aggregate demand moves us INITIALLY from point A to point B, which is a decrease in unemployment and an increase in inflation. Eventually due to inflationary expectations, it will move to point C, which is is STILL the NAIRU, but at higher inflation. Thus even in the long run, unemployment has not increased from the NAIRU at which it was initially.
Except for the fact that the long run phillips curve isn't taught at HSC level, the back of Dixon's book states that it is not a part of the syllabus. Check the Question 7 thread, I explained it there.

karnage

HSC
shakky15 said:
lol. well im sure if u get 89 you would. touch wood.
I'd rather not know lol, id be cut if i missed out by that much.

SDM100

HSC
wat was the answer for ques 12 multi choice??- how could a govt. finance a budget deficit while maintaining ex. stability??

charliebeaver

HSC
SDM100 said:
wat was the answer for ques 12 multi choice??- how could a govt. finance a budget deficit while maintaining ex. stability??
12 was d...pretty sure.

7 was the toughest. i got c and thas wat my teacher said. but im not sure bout a...

jaja112

Disco King
HSC

lolcal said:
I'm fairly certain these answers are all right:

1. A
2. B
3. D
4. B
5. A
6. D
7. C
8. C
9. C
10. A
11. A
12. D
13. C
14. A
15. C
16. D
17. A
18. B
19. D
20. B

what did you kids get?
I got everything cal got except the ones i just boldified (which i changed to the answer i put down).. pretty sure 7 is C from looking at the thread dedicated to Q7. Question 1 i'm not that sure about but developing countries do usually have low income inequality right? and Q19 i definitely got wrong!!!!!!! wtf was i thinking :uhoh:

Last edited:

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A

jaja112 said:
I got everything cal got except the ones i just boldified (which i changed to the answer i put down).. pretty sure 7 is C from looking at the thread dedicated to Q7. Question 1 i'm not that sure about but developing countries do usually have low income inequality right? and Q19 i definitely got wrong!!!!!!! wtf was i thinking :uhoh:
nah jared, 1 is deffers D because A said "low levels of income inequality" and they typically have undeveloped industrial zones, hence it's d

and 7 is like half and half lol, it's a dumb question hey.

Dimplez

HSC

I either got 18/20 or 19/20...all depending on that stupid q7. I put A and I wouldn't change that...but I'm not confident with it at all.

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
charliebeaver said:
12 was d...pretty sure.quote]

By borrowing funds from the private sector you will create the crowding out effect. Therefore privat firms will all have to obtain finance from foreign investors. This will have to be serviced in the net income component, worsening the CAD, and contributing to bad external stability. Raising taxes is the only way the government doesnt affect external stability, just pisses off its own people.

runnable

HSC
Matt Palmer said:
charliebeaver said:
12 was d...pretty sure.quote]

By borrowing funds from the private sector you will create the crowding out effect. Therefore privat firms will all have to obtain finance from foreign investors. This will have to be serviced in the net income component, worsening the CAD, and contributing to bad external stability. Raising taxes is the only way the government doesnt affect external stability, just pisses off its own people.

Not true. Domestic private sector that can't pay the higher cost can just.. NOT BORROW TO INVEST AT ALL. Thus will not worsen external stability.

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
runnable said:
Not true. Domestic private sector that can't pay the higher cost can just.. NOT BORROW TO INVEST AT ALL. Thus will not worsen external stability.
WHAT!?! are you saying that the domestic sector just will say "that rate is too high, not going to expand". they r gonna try and expand theri business to gain more profits. that is economics 101 mate. making more money. if the rate is cheaper in, say, Japan they are gonna try and get their money from japan. and that will worsen the CAD.

runnable

HSC
Matt Palmer said:
WHAT!?! are you saying that the domestic sector just will say "that rate is too high, not going to expand". they r gonna try and expand theri business to gain more profits. that is economics 101 mate. making more money. if the rate is cheaper in, say, Japan they are gonna try and get their money from japan. and that will worsen the CAD.
I'm saying firms may choose to borrow or not. So it may or may not lead to worse external stability. To finance a deficit, the only choices in the questions were 1)Selling bonds to foreigners, 2) Borrowing from domestic private sector.

2) is obviously the choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)