Section II - Ancient Societies (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
yeah did the sae stuff except the relgious festivals, how did that link into the question and i totally forgot to talk abt wife sharing i had it my head but i forgot, damm
i also did minoan short answer

smiley100

HSC
yay!

I wrote for 2 geographical features: Laconian plains (lol..wasn't so sure thought i made it up but after reading u guys put the same thing i'm like yay!:)) and Taygetus mountains.
2 Spartan kings..yikes i made one guy up i think Clemes..lol? and leonidas (i hope i put leonidas and not pausanias! that would suck if i put the latter).
whose got modern history on thursday? sigh..not ready for that! ugh

**blu_rose**

HSC
smiley100 said:
I wrote for 2 geographical features: Laconian plains (lol..wasn't so sure thought i made it up but after reading u guys put the same thing i'm like yay!:)) and Taygetus mountains.
2 Spartan kings..yikes i made one guy up i think Clemes..lol? and leonidas (i hope i put leonidas and not pausanias! that would suck if i put the latter).
whose got modern history on thursday? sigh..not ready for that! ugh
yep i got modern, my last one :)

niteshade1312

HSC
I coudlnt work out my Egyptian questions and so I did Roman questions, but I generally do Egyptian questions so it was a bit tough. Thankfully the Essay for Egypt gave me heaps of room to work with and lots and lots of sources!!

rink

HSC
im so dumb, i just realised that i didnt even check the sparta essay q's coz i looked at the short answer for sparta and thought sweet, but didnt check the essay q's

what were the long answer q's on sparta? something to do with women? what about the other one?

Mandy101

HSC
I did Athenian Society in the time of Pericles. They were nice, easy questions, and the 10 mark one on women was in my trial exam so I was set.

*ccs*

chooette said:
Society was ok... sparta shorter questions was good, filled the little book pages thing, what was with asking the same 2001 question about name 2 kings?! We had that in our trial though, and it bugged me coz I knew none, so I think I got them for that...
the structured sparta was so good...i loved it...i was doing augustus-titus as my other society and the stuctured for that was crap...so i opted for the spartan stuctured to get full marks... didnt u just love those 2 mark and 5 mark questions... kings, krypteia and land features...they were niice... ROME SUX lol i hate writing about the government

*ccs*

**blu_rose** said:
yep i got modern, my last one :)
for the kings i got Leonidas and Eurobiades and for land features i got Mt taygetus and the eurotas river

HSC
yeah he is - he ruled from 409-395 BC so whay would it suck if u put pausanius?

rink

HSC
i did good with sparta.....did leonidas and cleomenes (except i spelt his name as cleonemes in the exam, hopefully they wont mark me down for that). For geog i did eurotas river supplying them water and how sparta is surrounded by mountain ranges which limits communication and trade. Krypteia was good except like they dont have too many roles....only 2 that i can think of really, how were we meant to 'outline' their roles in a 5marker when there are only 2. I stuffed up the cultural q coz i wrote about poetry, pottery, education....which was good but then i wrote about leisure and random stuff.....i compeltely forgot to write about myths/legends

and as for the 10marker.......was that asking about the social structure (just wanna make sure) as in like spartiates, helots, perioeci, inferiors etc etc???

sleeb

HSC
pausanius wasn't a king, he was a regent for a very young king. So did all the same stuff, but didn't have the title

HSC
damn teacher told us pausanius was ok and was a king? u reckon it'll still get a mark lol, fuck it, stupid websites i looked at all said he was a king to, where did u find out he was a regent or whatever

HSC
do u guys use antiquity? just looked in antiquity 2 and even that says pausanius is a king? wats up with that? isnt that one of the main texts used 4 studyin ancient? wats up wioth em printing wrong info then

sleeb

HSC
hey, I could be wrong. Our teacher told us he was a regent, but sources are prob confused on the issue or something. i wouldnt worry about it. If there is something that says he's a king, they'll accept it.

HSC
hmm i think i've worked out the problem here. according to wikipedia there were two pausanius's. One was the general who was the nephew of leonidas and served as a regent for a while due to leonidas's son being of young age. a different pausanius however was in fact king, and ruled from 409 to 395BC

PAUSANIUS THE KING
"Pausanias (Greek *αυσάνιας) was King of Sparta from 409 BC. In 395 BC, Pausanias failed to join forces with Lysander, and for this was condemned to death and replaced as king by his son Agesipolis I. Pausanias escaped execution and left Sparta to live in exile in Tegea."

PAUSANIUS THE REGENT/GENERAL
"Pausanias (Greek = *αυσανιας) was a Spartan general of the 5th century BC. He was the nephew of Leonidas I and served as regent after his uncle's death, as Leonidas' son, Pleistarchus, was still under-age. He was responsible for the Greek victory over Mardonius and the Persians at the Battle of Plataea in 479 BC, and was the leader of the Hellenic League created to resist Persian aggression during the Greco-Persian Wars."

both from wikipedia

i dunno how valid this source is but i a tend to think that this may indeed be true as so many other sources refer to pausanius as a king

hipPo3

HSC
rink said:
i did good with sparta.....did leonidas and cleomenes (except i spelt his name as cleonemes in the exam, hopefully they wont mark me down for that). For geog i did eurotas river supplying them water and how sparta is surrounded by mountain ranges which limits communication and trade. Krypteia was good except like they dont have too many roles....only 2 that i can think of really, how were we meant to 'outline' their roles in a 5marker when there are only 2. I stuffed up the cultural q coz i wrote about poetry, pottery, education....which was good but then i wrote about leisure and random stuff.....i compeltely forgot to write about myths/legends

and as for the 10marker.......was that asking about the social structure (just wanna make sure) as in like spartiates, helots, perioeci, inferiors etc etc???
i did Leonididas and Menaleaus ( i dont think i spelt it corectly, but i said when he was king n stuff so i think they'll know what im talking about)

For the area, i said Erutos rive and Mt. Tygataeus ...

for the 10 marker .. i think i did just that, like describing the diferent classes .. and how important they were

overall i used the whole booklet and also 3 pages of another booklet. pwn3d :D

SaMi5

HSC
hey wel i did the athens short answer Q's coz im way beta at writing essays on sparta,.... it semed like a good idea until i read the athens in the time of pericles Q's! wtf! they were wack! a 6 mrk Q about the occupations... gay as! aww and hang on worse one! a 5 mrk Q==> outline the role of the athenian navy... how the hell r ya sposed to be able to get 5 mrks outa that!! anwho sparta was easy as tho.. loved it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)