Section II - Societies (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find Section II?
Which societies did you do? Share your thoughts here.

Thecorey0

HSC
New kindom egypt till Amenhotep III sucked. The new format through me off, not as many easy marks. The 12-marker was a killer, personally it shoul have been a 5-6 marker.

audioxdoll

HSC
Sparta was very easy in my opinion. a few people were complaining about the role of kings too minimal for a 12 mark question but i thought it was ok. I mostly talked about the spartan image.. that the kings portrayed the spartan image of strength, unity, etc... actually i included spartan image in all the questions. :D

Blonx

HSC
Had Old Kingdom Egypt, Had no idea wtf a maat was lol.

Venom.

HSC
Lol at BOS. Too lazy to change the questions for Egypt - the first three questions were the exact same across the three Egypt options.

successwilbmine

HSC
New Kingdom- Ramesside Period.
Sculptures? I had no idea. I didnt even think we studied it in class. Barely wrote a sentence. sigh..
lol.. maat was in all the egypt questions, that was ok, didnt write much but it was only a 2 marker. there was a question on women, and all i knew were about non-royal woman so decided to leave the royal women out of the picture, which probably was not the best of ideas...

E

Empyrean444

Sparta was not too bad (but I wondered what happened to the fixed length answer books!?). I did think that the king's question was crap though because: a) It was more of a descriptive rather than an analytical question (despite the term 'explain')b) The source was fairly useless and could only really be related to the military role, as opposed to those in govt/legal and religious.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
fuck off sparta was good, at least we didn't get 12 mark question on art/cultural life.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Sparta- I felt that the economy q and the kings q could have had each others marks, i could have written tonnes more on the Spartan economy... for kings i talked about their economic, political, religious, administrative and militay role

choke

HSC
pretty good.

i studied all that was asked... except for the question about the economy lol

i remembered something stuff though, so i guess it wasn't that bad!

Skinneth

Do The Whirlwind.
HSC
Sparta = really good. I like the new format is it really made you work for the marks, should benefit high achievers nicely. Yeah, definitely agree about the length of the King question! It was alright though.I noted how kings control the religious aspects, such as sending pithioi to Delphi, and noted the sculpture of Leonidas highly significant, as Spartans were by custom not particularly flattering of individuals, except the kings.Also mentioned the role of the Ephors, how they actually had ultimate authority, and also how Sparta was a dyarchy.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Minoan building technologies and then 12 mark palace economy? Had to start waffling a bit but still pretty good so 20+ I reckon.

kaytee91

HSC
Minoans - epic win. Palace economy was our trial question. Building was a bit of bullshitting after saying the obvious stuff.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
^^What did you say for palace economy? I want to check if what I wrote was actually correct..sheet.

RBKSoulja

HSC
yeah sparta couldve been worse - it was pretty good as it was, did all the questions from past papers and trials ^^

lol like roar84eighty said, we couldve gotten art and shit, woulda fkd me over big time. the only thing i would BS'd about woulda been Temple of Artemis Orthia, Amyklaion and Menelaiyon shit or whatever the hell theyre called

LOVED THE PAPER:D

kaytee91

HSC
^^What did you say for palace economy? I want to check if what I wrote was actually correct..sheet.
Just linked it to agriculture, trade, industries and occupations through the storage, workshops found etc. No idea if thats what I was meant to do, just trying to fill my answer out a bit.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Anyone do Athenian Society? I had no f*cking idea what the source was. Never seen it in my life and I have no idea how the hell anyone would have :/. My teacher told me when we got out what it was, and I was way off. He insisted we spent 5 minutes on it in class one lesson but I really couldn't remember it at all, and had never come across it in my study.

Anyone else in the same position with their source?

themerald

HSC
i noticed that with the first three egypt questions being the same too, and i don't even do that.
Darius and Xerxes was good, cheering at who was Ahura-Mazda, and role of women. And the other question was good too, but i can't remember what it was. Something about the economy.
My source was a fairly a well-known one, but with the question i didn't think it was that helpful. I mean, 'role of kings', so they give you a pic of the king talking to his subjects. State the obvious much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)