Section III (1 Viewer)

SgtSlick

Well I went in, all prepard for an essay, opened the paper, and let rip a very quiet "shit", had not prepared for a feature article at all. So I basically ended up with an essay that had a headline and a little blurb at the beginning, and I threw some rhetorical questions in there to keep it sounding article-esc. Ahh well, you win some and u lose some. Tomorrow is paper two and we are all shitting bricks over that im sure, I am anyways, I have this wierd premonition (that wont go away actually) that the King Lear question will NOT be an essay, I think it will be something ridiculous like write a dialogue between two directors.... blah blah. I sincerely hope it isnt, but that is my gut feeling.
Anyways, best luck to you all and me.... Just think, unless u chose (stupidly) english extension (like me :( ) then u will be sitting your last ever english exam!!!!!! Yes thats right, so cheer up fools.

GOOD LUCK ALL

boycalledfox

damnit i just remembered i left a fat space at the beginning to come back and write a heading in... damn you.

sif not 99

same....yeah im shittin bricks over lear hopefully at last i get "the brilliant masterpiece" well its brilliant and a masterpiece until 1130 tomorrow where I go back to hating shakespeare.

Yeaha another english exam after tomorrow for me too, damnit =(

tweakin

section 3 i just wrote an essay with a heading...
i didnt put any feature article techniques in it at all...cos as i started writing i forgot and just thought i was writing an essay.
*eeep*

bex

HSC
i just remembered i left a fat space at the beginning to come back and write a heading in... damn you.
ARGH!! I knew i was forgetting something!!

Paper 2.. shit aye!? if its dialogue between ANYTHING for lear then i am gonna just scream! or profanities.. either way.. dialogue between anything is shit cause you cant get all the information out and its restricted by the way the convo flows..

Crazy

cicadas = easy ppl!!

haha guess it helps to have a basic knowledge of the life cycle of cicadas and the physical changes they go through as a result of seasonal changes..etc etc i think there was something about summer in the poem, possible alliteration with it

anyways...

i also forgot to put a heading for the feature article, planned to leave it till last then i forgot!!! lol but i didnt feel so bad cos like nearly half of a class did it! and some just wrote essays...BOS really screwed some ppl over with that one

im pleading....please dont make us construct an interview for lear..i really will scream :mad: ...any tips if it is....haha i guess if id have done english throughout the year id know wouldnt i

anywayzzzz..later

bex

HSC
in terms of cicadas, i said how the cicada begins as a ground dwelling insect that evolves into an amazing creature, proclaiming itself to the world and urging humanity to do the same through the buzzing wing thig ... then i used it for q2 and used Hildegarde of Bingen as a human example of what happens to cicadas..

Jenjen

Mate, I am so glad they defined it...
I had no idea what was going on in that poem until i read the "insect that changes during its life cycle" bit and I realised it was about the life cycle,
And i don't suck at english all that much so....imagine how many others needed the def. too

Sarah J

HSC
hehehe. My title was something very original that I doubt anyone else would have done: "Changing Perspectives". Brilliant, if I do say so myself. :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah. My "article" sounded a lot like an essay with a brilliant title.

I didn't get to finish it though.

And ARGH!!! That goddamn cicada poem! Who cares about a goddamn cicada???????

Simmo

lol...i did the same thing. my title was Changing Worlds. all i did was basically transfer my essay in and put in and intro and little subheadfings entitled Sky High...etc

and the letter, that was nice. i had a story prepared about development and it fitted perfectly with the song, just had to address the leeter with a smaall intro but i think i spent too long on the story. it was more like a story hidden withtin a letter

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
heh i think its common that most ppl wrote "essay-articles" eh?

I did self, and my title was "Self Development Transcends Through Classical and Contemporary Themes"
how bs...it jus sounds good..
and mine was jus my memorised essay written with a bit of first person perspective and humor...lol

ezza

man i just went through all these photocopied pages our teacher printed for us on the last week and one of them was about how to write an article for changing perspective :/

maybe if teachers didnt give us so many photocopied sheets then we would be able to read through the few they do give us instead of just chucking them onto the ever growing mountain of paper

Arch-man

The Cicada poem - what was the go with that?

Speaking of left-field questions, the feature article. WHYOHWHYOHWHY couldn't the BOS given us some sort of indication they could do that?

Luckily I'm good at feature articles, and I was able to cover my bases.

Spike

i can honestly sayyy i failed that...

i didnt have time to do the ciccda poem section and the cartoonist ...

thats whaty u get when u start from back to front..

AND I FORGOT TO WRITE an end bit for the letter..

Yours Sincerly

John Smith...

I DIDNT DO THAT>>> i so failed.:chainsaw:

i want schoolys

i didn't know what was going on with the cicada's one either.

but what pissed me off was that through the whole test the i kept singing the joni mitchel song in my head, don't know what you've got.

also i only put one related text in becasue i was running out of time, but it said at least one. so i'm not sure what at least means

does it mean ones okey so long as you've got detial, or does it mean you can use one related text if your stupid.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
the cicada one....

my view was that the cicada was a personnification of the changing natural environment in general, its sorta cyclical nature...and it used sound imagry to convey the change from soft and serene to becoming louder and busier
some bs like that...

bex

HSC
^^^^ mine was similar to that Minai

also i only put one related text in becasue i was running out of time, but it said at least one. so i'm not sure what at least means
yeah i only used one but i think thats ok... eh who the hell cares... its over now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)