Section IV - Historical Period (2 Viewers)

braddio

HSC
Re: Section IV - Historical Periods

darrynXtreem said:
Mycale is not a sea battle you tosser. The question asked for a "naval battle". Markers see your sort of rubbish and are turned off straight away. Have fun with your Band 2.

DazzaX
mycale was so a sea battle... it was the last battle of the persian wars... it followed the battle of plataea!!!!! the greeks destroyed the rest of the persian fleet with their own!!!

mattooty

HSC
Re: Section IV - Historical Periods

xinxin89 said:
yea greek world 500-440 was good, did the naval battles question, overall paper was good i rkn
I did the same, didnt finish my essay but the paper was alot better than i expected
I woulda been muffed it is asked about delian league (weakest topic)

subSloth

HSC
but i thought mycale was a battle that was travelled by sea, but destroyed the persians on land?

nick1689

HSC
Did anyone else do Rome 264-133BC? I found the test easy, doing the Second Punic War question, but my personality was Hannibal so I guess it made it easier. If it was anything else other than about the Punic Wars I would have been screwed though..

braddio

HSC
yeah but it included the navy and the way i used it fit the way i was answering the question..

blackall46

HSC
braddio said:
yeah but it included the navy and the way i used it fit the way i was answering the question..
nice change of tune.

it wasnt a naval battle in the slightest so i dont see its relevance.

frozenindesire

HSC
i did new kingdom egypt (amIII - ramII) and funny enough before we entered the exam i was peaking with one of my teachers who i asked what we thought will be asked. i guessed amenhotep III and was oddly quite certain. i was right. i almost laughed upon reading it.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
frozenindesire said:
i did new kingdom egypt (amIII - ramII) and funny enough before we entered the exam i was peaking with one of my teachers who i asked what we thought will be asked. i guessed amenhotep III and was oddly quite certain. i was right. i almost laughed upon reading it.
yeah my teacher was convinced about A3 as well because it hasn't been in the paper for years, actually it hasn't been in the paper since the new hsc began... so he was reeeeally happy with the questions this year

Tatey2006

HSC
yeh well, it seems i screwed up rather well on this section. i did A3-R2 as well, and i expected a Ramses II question, but it seems my prediction was wrong. had to think on my feet for queens, and ended up answering the question, just didnt "sustain" my answer (3 pages). Section 1 was easy, full marks for that though

samuel slack

HSC
My teacher completely predicted the archaeologists and water question in P+H... and I knew religious festivals would be in Sparta, just because I hadn't studied it.

~kiki

HSC
I did the delian league question for the Greek world section. I knew it was going to be on Cimon... but I didn't trust my instincts, and in the end I spent ages trying to understand the later part of the leagues activities, which was completely irrelevent. Anyway, I think I did ok-- my problem is I lacked in sources.... REALLY lacked in sources. Otherwise, I thought the Hatshepsut questions were EXCELLENT, pomp and herc wasn't so bad and Sparta was ok too.

daponisher

HSC
Age of Augustus, thank youy who ever wrote the exam talk about an easy option of questions. I wnet with transition from repub to principate gave pre actium a floggin aswell as the settlements argued the point that republic was initially farked after 2nd term of triumvirate and that principate was finalised through the succession

"To his successor he bequethed a roman world of exnternal security and internal peace" Salmon.

Lauraline xx

HSC
I did the AIII- RII....

and to be honest, i couldnt have studied more usless stuff than what i did. i spent my whole whole time doing work for Akhenaten- RamII... and i didnt focus on the women.

bottem line... i wrote 4 pages of absolute rubbish in the worst possible mood i could have been in. SO MANY HOURS LEARNING ABOUT SETI AND RAM.... DAMNIT!!!

I sware... SWARE IT.... that in no other freaking past paper.... there has been something that big on freaking Amenhotep.

klaratiara

HSC
in NKE i was hoping for a question on the role of the queens or amun or building programes. no such luck.
i did hyksos. easy to manipulate but in hindsight i left out some good points.

MsDelirium

HSC
Hey,
Did any one do fall of the republic at all :s
I did and option a was tops it was all stuff about Pompey but the second option b. WTF!
The topic is fall of the repbulic 78-31 BCE
the question was "Why did the republic fall?" they wanted us to summarise a terms worth of work into a six-eight page essay... I think not far far far too broad.
!!

vieires

HSC
Period - Fall of the Roman Republic

Question - Why did the Republic fall?

Could they have asked a better question? lol...Thats our entire topic it was impossible to not know anything about it...

vieires

HSC
MsDelirium said:
Hey,
Did any one do fall of the republic at all :s
I did and option a was tops it was all stuff about Pompey but the second option b. WTF!
The topic is fall of the repbulic 78-31 BCE
the question was "Why did the republic fall?" they wanted us to summarise a terms worth of work into a six-eight page essay... I think not far far far too broad.
!!
True in some ways, but I liked it cos I read it as something along the lines of...

"Why did the Republic really fall? Never mind all the bullshite, get to the real reasons"

I attacked it thus

Legacy of Marius and Sulla
Formation and Breakdown of the Triumvirate
Underminding of Republican processes
Short sightedness of Optimates, particularly Cato.

Forgot to mention extraordinary military commands though.

aneurysm

HSC
vieires said:
Period - Fall of the Roman Republic

Question - Why did the Republic fall?

Could they have asked a better question? lol...Thats our entire topic it was impossible to not know anything about it...
I dunno ... that question wasn't that good. It was too broad ... I mean, obviously if you did the topic you would know a lot about it but to get the top marks you would have to comprehensively include all reasons for the fall of the republic and etc., and that would take like 13 booklets.

I did (a) ... was alright. I hope.

Jbass

HSC
daponisher said:
Age of Augustus, thank youy who ever wrote the exam talk about an easy option of questions. I wnet with transition from repub to principate gave pre actium a floggin aswell as the settlements argued the point that republic was initially farked after 2nd term of triumvirate and that principate was finalised through the succession

"To his successor he bequethed a roman world of exnternal security and internal peace" Salmon.

Yeah, that was really good. It really left the answer open for scope of the whole topic, because the Principate was the basis for all of Augustus' Reforms, propaganda etc. That's good you gave pre-Actium a flogging, cause I did as well and I was a little worried about it. Cool.

Strange thing, the questions were very similar to last year's paper...except more broad. Quite nice really.
Don't know if i aced it, but hopefully did quite alright.

Thalamic Raven

HSC
daponisher said:

i went with the same one, which was exactly wat i did as an assesment + half yearly + trial. but i think it turned into a lifestory of augustus with me just saying at the end of every paragraph that what he did lead to the principate

i put in the 2nd settlement, 23 BC, aswell, but i dont really think anything after 27BC is really relevant since it WAS when principate was established. overall i guess ok but barely any sources i.e. plutarch X 2, cicero, scullard, judge and augustus.(and i ended up doing end of triumvirate/actium for about 2 pages - so not relevant)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)