Section IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

Annalisee

HSC
I made my entire section IV up and from what a few people have said I think i might have gotten some marks for it.
did Greek to 440BC a) stupid question.
Our teacher taught us to learn up to the perisan wars or from then onwards because there would be one question on each. Except part a) didn't really fit in enough to write an essay on.

melliexo

HSC
All of my friends did that question too. I did Battle of Kadesh :)

melliexo

HSC
I am the only one I know that did the other one apart from Akhenaten's revolution

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
melliexo said:
All of my friends did that question too. I did Battle of Kadesh :)
wooow what did you write about?
all i knew about was seti and ramses...was there more? coz i didn't see how i could stretch that into 25 marks worth...

LMSKACS

HSC
This section was absolutely terrible. I only wrote about 2 and a half pages...
i did Development of the Greek world 800-500 BC and i did not like the question on the rise of Tyranny OR the effect of Cleisthenes on the development of Athenian Democracy.
I only studied Colonisation and was just praying that it would be in there....
haha i did cleisthenes anyway and just made up a load of bullshit.

HSC
Persian wars was awesome. Changing relationships with the allies was such an easy question, however I only just remembered an archeological source in the last two seconds :p

I am James

HSC
Greece 800-500BC: Why didn't I study more of Cliesthenes?! Had a feeling that would be in there and I neglected it! Only remembered the boule, his radical way of thinking and that citizenship was granted by locality (?). So 2 out of 12783091263 things, left out all his other reforms... I'd be shocked if I ended up gettin any more than 5-10 marks for that.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Persian wars was awesome. Changing relationships with the allies was such an easy question, however I only just remembered an archeological source in the last two seconds :p
loved it :p

Taskan

HSC
i did Greece 500-440 BC - part b

it was kind of a rock and a hard place situation for me, i couldn't do A cos i didn't have enough info on Sparta, but i had prepared for a Persian wars Q, barely studied Delian league, but i think i did okay.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Taskan said:
i did Greece 500-440 BC - part b

it was kind of a rock and a hard place situation for me, i couldn't do A cos i didn't have enough info on Sparta, but i had prepared for a Persian wars Q, barely studied Delian league, but i think i did okay.
i hate that about that section, 3 massive sections to study
persian wars
delian league
peloponnesian war and sparta

and one of them you won't even talk about!!! i thought it was mean how they left out the persian wars, that took aaaagggges to learn in class

l.i.z.z

HSC
emo-kid-91 said:
nke - thut IV.

14 pages on the building program! building is my speciality, if that's possible. i know building facts about every single pharaoh. this question was MADE for me, and hopefully for the people i was studying with this morning, because i wouldn't shut up about it lol! main points, if anyone cares;
- rebuilding after the hyksos, plus the introductions of the hyksos aiding in future development
- deir el-medina
- karnak, as well as how far the building stretched (euphrates --> cataracts)
- propaganda (mostly hatshepsut and thut III)
- relationship with the priesthoods
- military outposts
- gods resident in egypt .:. ma'at achieved.

\o/

me tooooo :)

nearly all my grade did the warrior pharaoh.. which suprised me..

HSC
does ANYONE at all do Unification to the First Intermediate Period? I swear out class must be like the only one in the state that does it :rolleyes:

chilliscool

HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
wooow what did you write about?
all i knew about was seti and ramses...was there more? coz i didn't see how i could stretch that into 25 marks worth...
haha i think i was about the only person who did this question too, basically talked about the syrian wars and how control over syria = control of trade, and kadesh just amounted into a battle over syria really, hittites vs egyptians. then go to talk about seti/ramesses and bit about foriegn relations

what else u guys talk about . . . ??

mossieman

HSC
I am James said:
Greece 800-500BC: Why didn't I study more of Cliesthenes?! Had a feeling that would be in there and I neglected it! Only remembered the boule, his radical way of thinking and that citizenship was granted by locality (?). So 2 out of 12783091263 things, left out all his other reforms... I'd be shocked if I ended up gettin any more than 5-10 marks for that.
I compared his success to Solon and the Peisistratids too. That gave a few other bits

jackie07

HSC
i did the persian empire from cyrus the great to darius III
i was fairly ok, but was really extinsive, had to write about like 12 different kings..

hoping i did well...

lochi90

HSC
marlainagarcia said:
Agree about Greek World Part a)- Assess the impact of the Persian wars on sparta

What did others doing Greece argue here???
Loss of Leonidas at Thermopylae- cost of agreement with Athens
Pausanias - great victory at Plataea- but later brought shame upon Sparta at Byzantium( maybe not reliable accounts of this from Herod. and Plutarch...anti-Spartan)
Loss of power/ reputation amoungst Ionian states- revolting Helots at home????

Did anyone have other arguments??

What a tricky question!:uhoh:

yeah agree totally
initially in reading time i managed to bypass the fact that it said effects on Sparta, instead reading it as Greeks which was like a freaking god send of a question
not until i got to the section that realised i had imagined it haha
so i just did part B
was pretty easy just had to talk about athens intial efforts of unification in Hellenic League, Delian League and eventually Athenian Empire

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
-may-cat- said:
i hate that about that section, 3 massive sections to study
persian wars
delian league
peloponnesian war and sparta

and one of them you won't even talk about!!! i thought it was mean how they left out the persian wars, that took aaaagggges to learn in class

lol my hist class did sparta as our society lol. So for this uestion it really wasnt that hard i mean we didnt study that in depth but i mean it gave us more info on it since u can derive that it lead to beginning of spartas decline and main thing i think was it brought Sparta into direct conflict with Athens as it continued persian war without them and managed to form delian league.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
Annalisee said:
I made my entire section IV up and from what a few people have said I think i might have gotten some marks for it.
did Greek to 440BC a) stupid question.
Our teacher taught us to learn up to the perisan wars or from then onwards because there would be one question on each. Except part a) didn't really fit in enough to write an essay on.

yeah it did think about it conflict between athens sparta was direct result of athens growing during this time and persian wars didnt finish till peace was signed in 448bc i think

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
lol my hist class did sparta as our society lol. So for this uestion it really wasnt that hard i mean we didnt study that in depth but i mean it gave us more info on it since u can derive that it lead to beginning of spartas decline and main thing i think was it brought Sparta into direct conflict with Athens as it continued persian war without them and managed to form delian league.
yea, i was talking to my ancient teacher about that, he was really pissed off about it, thought it gave others an unfair advantage based on what they had chosen as their society.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
well technically the last part of syllabus for this topic is the relationship between athens and sparta during persian wars so ur suppose to know that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)