Section IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
well technically the last part of syllabus for this topic is the relationship between athens and sparta during persian wars so ur suppose to know that
yes but i know for a fact i could not pull a full essay out of what i learned in that section, maybe others could, but i just didn't have the knowledge of sparta to make a detailed argument.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
-may-cat- said:
yes but i know for a fact i could not pull a full essay out of what i learned in that section, maybe others could, but i just didn't have the knowledge of sparta to make a detailed argument.
i thinks why the delian league uestion was made so open and easy lol

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
i thinks why the delian league uestion was made so open and easy lol
perhaps, i still think its unfair. I mean if it was an essay that incorporated relations with Sparta, but was not based on it, for sure id be fine, but that was just mean.

i shouldn't be complaining neway, i like talking about the Delain league, i got to talk about Aristides and his sneaky sneaky ways :p

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol oh well not like anyone can appeal.

and i mean delian league was such an easy one i was almost tempted to do it but i was like nah more cool do sparta and the persian wars ones

kevzor

HSC
part a) of greek world 500-440 isnt on the syllabus either.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
that was a terrible part a for greek world 500 - 440. I doubt teachers would have focuses on Sparta enough for a whole heap of students to answer that well.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
that was a terrible part a for greek world 500 - 440. I doubt teachers would have focuses on Sparta enough for a whole heap of students to answer that well.
Sonya which part did you do, and what did you talk about?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
b.

I talked about the role of greek unity (thus pleasent relationships with allies) during the Persian Wars. Examplified it through I think Marathon with the Euboean assistance, then the interwar period and the establishment of the hellenic league, Thermopylae and Salamis for the Spartans

and then i looked at athenian expansion into an empire via the delian league looked at how that created tension amongst athens and the other greeks. ie the establishment of cleruchys

and moved into more detailed stuff about relationships between athens and sparta and the progression into the peloponessian war which saw a total breakdown of athenian/spartan relationships

thats a shallow recount but yeah

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
LOL i still so happy cause like i have already said i did sparta as my society so we had learnt about the decline and the "first pelopenisian war which was right after then peace treaty with Persia thus end of persian wars occured.

seriously part a i assume was all about the conflict within greece between athens and sparta to see who would be the dominate land power.

but yeah it would have been shitty for anyone who didnt do sparta as their society or at least did some work on the last section of the syllabus for this time period

Pantera

HSC
Julio-Claudians

I did the section on the Political Role of the Praetorian Guard, not sure why, I didn't actually know anything that I was certain would get me marks.

* Talked about Caligula assassination and the way they betrayed the senate (who wanted to turn back into a Republic)
* Sejanus' control of Tiberius
* Burrus and his impact on Nero and ALL THAT JAZZ

Basically, i'll be lucky to get 5/25

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
MaddyR said:
did anyone else do the Augustan Age? if so, holy crap - reforms!

thank you board of studies. this was our trial question, and my friends and I were discussing beforehand how if it was anything else, we'd be fucked. pretty much burst into laughter when I saw it. what did everyone else think? and did anyone do option b? I barely even read it ha
Yeah I did option be it was 'To what extent did the principate of Augustus depend on the army?'.

Basically I talked about everything from establisment (battle of actium/settlements) then reforms/frontier policy/Pax Romana. So yeah, I basically just spewed everything onto paper and then linked it back to the army. Failll.

ғяЄєq

Silly Rabit
HSC
Soofy said:
I do the Julio-Claudians and the Roman Empire 14-69AD and I did part b only because I had no idea what to write for a haha!
I was SOOOO unprepared!

oh well! it's over! YAY!

Lmao, i didnt do B i had no idea... i bullcrapped my way through A :|

bella3150

HSC
did anyone do option I: the greek world (er...cant remember the time period haha great studying huh)
i was so happy about option a) explain the causes of the peloponnesian war because that was the only thing i half studied! i'm so glad i didnt have to resort to option b about the peace of Nicias or i would have been screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)