Section IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

monsters

HSC
i did the fall of the roman republic, i think this section was my best overall
same :) i wrote one and a half booklets, from marius/gracchi/sulla, through pompey, crassus, caesar, the senate (a little bit), cicero, antony, octavian, lepidus, herod and cleopatra. i loved my essay, i squealed when i saw the question.

JB10

HSC
Greek World 500-440BC, Answered question a about Themistocles.
I liked the question, was real happy with the Ancient paper overall.. Hopefully made up a bit for my shitty English Paper 2

chaldoking

HSC
Cato? Wasn't he in number 3? I spent over an hour on it, and talked about everybody, fabius, scipio, micinius, macellus, longus, scipio's dad and uncle, flaminius and probably more. I basically just compared and contrasted the above.
No. He was in the 2nd, particularly towards 216 BC. He was a key one to mention for this question. I think he was involved in Capua. But yeh, he was definately important in this question.

Allisonius

HSC
I don't think it was a very simple question that invoked a pure recount of events.

It was asking you to make a judgement 'to what extent'. Hence factors that DIDN'T fulfill their aims should be consider ie stuff that happened during the transformation. The question had quite a huge scope of ways to answer it though.
In my response I talked about how The Delian League did not acheive it's supposed aim of uniting Greece together against Persia becase:

1. Greece was already at a state of Peace with Persia.
  2. Greece was still divided into two by the Pelopponesian League and the Delian League, and there was quite alot of tension betweens these groups.
I then went on to say that the Delian League, and it's leadership of Athens, did to a great extent fulfil the aims of Athens to transition the power of the other members states to Athens. I talked about the "longwall" and the Athenian take over of the Navy, I talked about the Attic tribute list and how this contributed to the other states becoming dependent on the league for economic support, and I also woked the revolt at Thasos into my answer... heh.
I hope I did alright.

alexandraclaire

HSC
I did Fall of the Roman Republic- chose question a) about the senaIe.. i thought the questions were a bit hard esp finding relevant sources and quotes.. don't think I had enough in-depth detail.. oh well. overall i found the exam to be pretty hard :(
BUT NOW ITS OVER! WOO! aha :)

Knuckles26

HSC
I did Greek World 446-399, question b. I was shocked (and happy) with how broad it was. After the Catholic Trial I was shitting myself thinking we'd get something uber-specific.
I didn't even bother preparing ANYTHING apart from an answer to that specific question haha. I wrote 14 pages of gold.

If they did something specific, some of the past paper questions were just cruel.

mfked

HSC
dw fuck julio claudian was ridiculous.

how can you talk about the expansion when Claudius was the only emperor to annex britain and make part of the roman empire?
Tiberius followed the Augustan rule and maintained stability among the empire.
Gaius focused more on his eastern friends and gave them client kingdoms

whereas nero only cared about the money and arts

i did 2 booklets for that. 14 pages

obscureharro

HSC
I was pretty happy with the Fall of the Roman Republic. But the questions seemed quite vague and open to me.
fuck yeah. fall of the republic was sick. i had an entire essay planned for the role of the senate in that period and when i opened the test i almost cried at the question was pretty much word for word to what i had predicted.... hahha.
but then i looked at B, impact of individuals and decided that what i had studied suited it even better so i chose B, even though i had a planned essay on A.
fucking stoked.

Dratini

HSC
man, all you guys who did Greek World 500-440 seemed to have done really well. i hated those questions. i had no idea what to write. my section IV was really bad and will drag my overall ancient mark down. :(

angelita

HSC
Our topic was NK Egypt to the death of Thut IV, I did the Nubia question too. Firstly, what the HELL? It was an absolutely ridiculous question, it threw everyone off! I cannot believe they asked such a specific question without even giving a better option b. Queens, seriously? You cannot write an adequate 25 mark essay on frigging queens.

Ancient was my best subject all year and I screwed up so badly in the exam, it was so disappointing. So much for past papers *rolls eyes*. I hope I did well in the other sections, hopefully that might count for something.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
man, all you guys who did Greek World 500-440 seemed to have done really well. i hated those questions. i had no idea what to write. my section IV was really bad and will drag my overall ancient mark down. :(
What on earth were you learning for this section then? =s

They were like, two of the most foremost issues of the topic.

Dratini

HSC
What on earth were you learning for this section then? =s

They were like, two of the most foremost issues of the topic.
in the spur of the moment i couldnt remember anything about early delian league and as a class we glanced over the roles of Leonidas, Themistocles, Euribiades etc. i revised them but the information didn't seem to stick.

well its in the past now. there is nothing i can do about it.

ANTMfan91

HSC
Our topic was NK Egypt to the death of Thut IV, I did the Nubia question too. Firstly, what the HELL? It was an absolutely ridiculous question, it threw everyone off! I cannot believe they asked such a specific question without even giving a better option b. Queens, seriously? You cannot write an adequate 25 mark essay on frigging queens.

Ancient was my best subject all year and I screwed up so badly in the exam, it was so disappointing. So much for past papers *rolls eyes*. I hope I did well in the other sections, hopefully that might count for something.
Part b was on officials. But I agree with your general premise. Also, I could've wrote on Queens, we did a practise essay on them and there's actually more then you think.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
in the spur of the moment i couldnt remember anything about early delian league and as a class we glanced over the roles of Leonidas, Themistocles, Euribiades etc. i revised them but the information didn't seem to stick.

well its in the past now. there is nothing i can do about it.

It happens, hopefully your work in the other sections will make up for it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)