Sections III, IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

primalelement

HSC
chose 26 and 28

Hate micro policy - lol so the choice was obvious. plus i bothered to study my case study so it was all downhill from there.

10pages for 26
8 pages for 28 - needed to wrap it up cause i wanted to check over some stuff before the end.

i was the only one at my school in the exam room :( cause i do eco by distance ed.

overall a really good paper! i was expecting it to be absolutely horrible considering the background that the paper was written in.

:)

maddyure

HSC
I did 25/4.5 pages 27/6 pages.

lol 17 pages, liar.

i don't think i went to well
Not even lying, first the multiple choice and short answer are easy to get through so you have a fair bit of time and then once you include diagrams pages add up pretty quickly.

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
I did micro and marco
micro= 12 pages
marco= 17 pages
I know a guy who wrote 45 pages in our modern exam. And I've heard of people writing more than that; so it's unlikely they're lying.

8.5 for micro essay, that was awesome. Only 6 for macro though, ran out of time =\
Dude, it's like impossible to type with consistent detail 45 pages of information and consistently answer the question, let alone writing 45 pages.

When he said forty five pages he actually meant four-to-five pages.

HSC
i read a newspaper article once that was stuck up on this board thingy at my tutoring place and i swear i am not mistaken that it said some guy wrote 64 pages...

suckierocks

HSC
i did 26 & 27 .....
case study i refer to brazil .... i wrote like 6 pages

27 i wrote 7 pages....

my hand still feeling im still writing ><

JAM91

HSC
i was pretty devo when i saw the first question but then i ended up being glad with micro and 28 i was ecstatic with because CAD and exchange rates are my best essays. I have pretty small writing so for my english 1000 word essays i would fill uo about 5 pages.

Pretty stoked when i wrote 6 and a half on each that would be about 1400 words

lynton

HSC
Screw you all with your numerous page answers. I did question 27 first and i wrote 8 pages- that was a good section for me. Then i did Q 25 which was major dribble- i only wrote 5 pages- i ran out of time but i wrote what i would have said if i had time to finish. Do you guys reckon they will take that into consideration or will they mark me harshly?

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I was also puzzled as to whether or not monetary policy was included. I figured I'd talk mostly about fiscal policy and then brush over monetary policy (conducted by RBA on BEHALF of the federal government) with respect to recent cash rate increases...(no longer an emergency, etc.). I think I may lose marks for not treating both macroeconomic tools equally.

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
It's impossible to get anything above I say 15 pages an essay unless you're writing takes up 2 lines. Which fucking marker is going to sit through 17 or 45 or 64 pages. None, becasue they have never done it.

Macro: 9
Micro: 8.5

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
It's impossible to get anything above I say 15 pages an essay unless you're writing takes up 2 lines. Which fucking marker is going to sit through 17 or 45 or 64 pages. None, becasue they have never done it.

Macro: 9
Micro: 8.5

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Yeah i dont understand how people can write so much. I got 10 and 8.5, but that was after spending 45-50 minutes on each

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
i did micro and macro.

for micro i talked about 'effiency competitiveness productivity' blah blah resource, allocative and technical efficency etc.
i kinda repeated myself though.

for macro i talked about how inflation and unemployment is linked with economic growth, and how the governments policy mix of k rudds stimulus 'milton freidman' helicopter money aggregate demand, blah blah higher MPC, blah blah 3rd biggest stimulus world wide in percentage of GDP stimulated the economy thus resulting in higher employment etc... how the treasury recommended the cash stimlus to be 'early, large and hit households'. and how Krudd succeeded.

then i talked about monetary policy loosening of interest rates of 450 basis points to counter recession, how australia is the only economy in the OECD to remain out of recession, and how the RBA has taken pre-emptive action to counter inflation in regards to the recovering economy, 1.3% inflation and how seasonal inflation particularly in the December quarter is usually high. as well as the 'lag' effect of 6-12 months in regards to monetary policy.

bozzzzz

HSC
i did micro and macro

i swear the macro essay only asked us to talk about the federal governments policy mix i.e. taxation and government spending which comes under the fiscal stimulus
then i occassionally referred the monetary policy mainly for inflation

macro 8
micro 8

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
The policy mix is the combination of the monetary policy and the fiscal policy of a country. These two channels influence growth and employment, and are generally determined by the central bank and the government respectively.
Ideally, the policy mix should aim at maximizing growth and minimizing unemployment. In fact, the central banks and governments have different time horizons, with the elected governments having a shorter time range. Both can have other objectives and must apply to some constraints, diverting them from these primary objectives : obeying a deficit rule, securing the financial sector, courting popularity, etc.
The monetary policy is accomplished by the central bank which, by the control of interest rates and the money supply, is due to avoid inflation. The government chooses the tax level and sharing out, determine public investment and public spending.
The independent actions of the government and the central bank could result in a mix of uncoordinated policies, as both fiscal and monetary forces attempt to pull the economy in opposite directions. This independence is good because it prevents a single authority from paying off deficits by printing money, which would result in the long run in severe hyperinflation.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Policy_mix#cite_note-0
]wiki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)