Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (1 Viewer)

Scimat

HSC
how is he going to learn and catch up on new content using tests lmao. also a good textbook is ice-em or cambridge
Yeah is there a way to find these online cos I'm not going to purchase them

Scimat

HSC
no i mean like learning information and stuff, like content or formulas. u won’t find any of that in a test. i’d say do prac qs for all the topics from a textbook first then try out one of the tests to determine ur weak and strong points. then figure out what u have to work on from there.
Sheesh that's quite a plan. Sounds good

kkk579

hello
HSC
Yeah is there a way to find these online cos I'm not going to purchase them
i’m sure there’s pdfs online or u can ask someone else here on BoS for them. if u prefer having the hard copy like me sometimes ur school library will have some books. if ur part of the liverpool lga then u can go to the liverpool library which has so many textbooks to borrow.

hailey.y_h

HSC
Hi, Im currently in year 10 and trialling for year 11 enrolment for Hornsby girls. Im in a partially selective high school at the moment. I have a few questions and hope someone can reach out.
But firstly, does anyone have any links to resources to study for the tests ? I dont mind paying for them.
-For maths, are the questions more or so based on mathematical abilities or problem solving/worded problems ? Is the year 10 syllabus enough or do I need to prepare the content in year 11 too ?
- For writing, is it true there are 2 tests ; creative and discursive ? I've seen alot of just creative, or randomised between the two and got confused.
- For abstract reasoning, I heard that it is mostly figuring out patterns. Are there questions that test vocabulary like how the general ability test had for selective ?

hailey.y_h

HSC
Also, I heard that the Maths test is science and maths ? By that, what do I need to study especially with the science part ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)