selective school interview!! (1 Viewer)

darkchaos51

Forums addict
HSC
Has anyone passed an interview for a selective school? I have mine next week and i want some ideas on what they usually ask. The school is Normanhurst Boys.

ZeeZee3

HSC
I passed mine when I was year 8.
Here's a useful tip, if your nervous, you wont be accepted. Answer in a very natural way. Sometimes they ask for your activities after school. Make it sound believable. I said I would come home, get a snack, take 30-45 min to finish homework, then watch 15 min tv then practice piano for an hour then study until dinner. Then go computer for an hour, then read a book till bedtime.
Also, they might ask how you would contribute to your school. Think of, maybe a sport, or the school band, or volunteering for the school and school service but that all depends on what you want to do.
They also like students with talents in all areas like an all round student. eg student who played instrument, good sport player, good academic results.
Make sure to bring proof (like awards or tropheys) and present them if the principal asks.

Good Luck with your interview!

funstudy

HSC
Answer the question to the best of your ability. Be yourself. If you're nervous, just say so. They want to know you, and obviously why you want to attend Normanhurst Boys. They may ask for extracurricular activities you do, hobbies, current affairs, siblings etc. They may also ask about books you've read. Just some general questions :)

darkchaos69

HSC
YOU HAVE TO GET INTO NORMANHURST BROOOOOOoo
THE SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!!!!!

Balls2u

HSC
dark chaos if you get in say hi to this guy called james who is going to normo next year (yr 11) from will. He is a genius at maths. So anyways with the interview just act normal, don't stress, the principal already has the enrollment sheet for your parents to sign in his hand (for what I heard about normo interviews), he will ask some pretty straight forward questions like "how will you contribute to the school", "what are you post school aspirations". I had an interview at sbhs (an interview where whether you get in, is based off your impressions on the principal) earlier this year.

darkchaos69

HSC
dark chaos if you get in say hi to this guy called james who is going to normo next year (yr 11) from will. He is a genius at maths. So anyways with the interview just act normal, don't stress, the principal already has the enrollment sheet for your parents to sign in his hand (for what i heard about normo interviews), he will ask some pretty straight forward questions like "how will you contribute to the school", "what are you post school aspirations". I had an interview at sbhs (an interview where whether you get in, is based off your impressions on the principal) earlier this year.
which dark chaos???

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
dark chaos if you get in say hi to this guy called james who is going to normo next year (yr 11) from will. He is a genius at maths. So anyways with the interview just act normal, don't stress, the principal already has the enrollment sheet for your parents to sign in his hand (for what I heard about normo interviews), he will ask some pretty straight forward questions like "how will you contribute to the school", "what are you post school aspirations". I had an interview at sbhs (an interview where whether you get in, is based off your impressions on the principal) earlier this year.
Cool did you make it? SBHS is pretty lenient of entry imo

Balls2u

HSC
Cool did you make it? SBHS is pretty lenient of entry imo
Currently on reserve QQ :( apparently year 10 sbhs is full atm (206 people) but I checked the enrollment policies which recently changed and apparently the ceiling enrollment is 210 now for year 9-12. I dunno what that's all about but I do hope I get an offer soon though it seems unlikely going towards the end of the school year. Sigh

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Dw a guy there is moving to ruse so u might get In. (no its not me lol)
Hope to see u there :). What number r u on the reserve list?

Last edited:

Balls2u

HSC
Oh good u might possibly get in XD. Hope to see u there fellow boser
Thanks Kurosaki (I assume a reference to bleach)! :) I hear sbhs is a really great learning environment with also good focus on sporting (fingers crossed I get in) and also your neighbours from sydney girls are quite attractive, same with hornsby chicks if the op who is going to normo next year is interested ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)