• Want some good practice on harder HSC questions?
    Our BoS trial exams will be held on:
    ● 4th October (Maths Ext2)
    ● 4th October (Maths Ext1)
    ● 5th October (Chemistry)
    Click here for details on how to register
  • Happy 20 YEARS to us!

Selective School interviews: (1 Viewer)

HSC
I would have tried for fort street but I knew many people that were way more likely to get in than me so that would have been a waste of money, girraween is way too competitive, and I didn't have any other fully selective schools in a 30-45 min transport radius. But I do regret not doing thorough research because I could have put Chatswood high as it has a selective stream that runs till year 12 and doesn't merge with the mainstream. Hope that helps

kkk579

HSC
N/A
Reserve isn't bad is it? Does anyone know how many students are put on reserve approximately?
that’s what i was wondering does anyone know how many ppl hurlstone puts on their reserve list?
reserve isn’t bad since u at least arent rejected but obviously getting an offer is way better

HSC
I believe reserve is that they want to give you a spot but they don't have any. So you are reliant on others rejecting or leaving that school for better schools. What I don't get it why they can't disclose the reserve number you are.

HSC
what were ur hast results??
Mine were pretty good. I got top 10% for maths but it was more of a top 5%, for reading it was top 15%, for writing and abstract reasoning I bombed them somehow, especially abstract. I got the top 50% for both which is average. For abstract, I was surprised that I did the worst because I believe I did the best in the abstract on the day, but it probs mean others did better since it was an easy test, and if everyone did very well it would have been hard to be in the top 10 or even 15%

HSC
Mine were pretty good. I got top 10% for maths but it was more of a top 5%, for reading it was top 15%, for writing and abstract reasoning I bombed them somehow, especially abstract. I got the top 50% for both which is average. For abstract, I was surprised that I did the worst because I believe I did the best in the abstract on the day, but it probs mean others did better since it was an easy test, and if everyone did very well it would have been hard to be in the top 10 or even 15%
I ended up getting top 15% overall though

HSC
i believe that reserve lists are usually 20 ppl, i heard this from some other thread so dont fact check me here
You sure, 20 people, that's way too much to put on reserve. I believe it is the number of people they accepted plus a few more for their reserves , and approx 5-10 are given straight acceptances. So shouldn't there be approx 10-15 reserves at max?

Constantspy977

HSC
N/A
dude legit so similar u did real good for math tho props to that, I got like top 20% for reading and i bombed abstract especially, i think i got top 40% for that

Constantspy977

HSC
N/A
You sure, 20 people, that's way too much to put on reserve. I believe it is the number of people they accepted plus a few more for their reserves , and approx 5-10 are given straight acceptances. So shouldn't there be approx 10-15 reserves at max?
well im not completely sure but I do remember seeing some ppl on bos say around 20 ppl the lower the better tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)