• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

selective school (3 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I got bored of reading this thread but really, look at it from the selective school's point of view.

Why would they want you?

(that's for anyone else who happens to read this topic seriously)

Back on topic, congrats on making it to Ruse. Bet noone else at the start of this thread could see that one coming!

Deluge

HSC
Honestly, making it is not that difficult. Look at me and others - all we had to do was get a good report.

^ Wow. I never knew Pats was so... un-Asian, lol. Kind of makes me wonder where you get all your Anglo etc. people from? I mean, there are loads of Asians in Fairfield, e.g. me =P

Soulsearcher, is there any time of your day where you aren't on BOS? Because seriously, you seem to be on all day =P. Not that there's anything wrong with that... I'm on MSN all day. :burn:

Addicts.

Just out of interest - if you spend more than 13 hours on the net in a week, then you're considered an addict. Sigh sigh.

Deluge

HSC
Wow.

Lol. Well, I should be studying for my exams - maths will be bloody hell, I'm sure. The Sefton staff love making exams which require a lot of problem solving. Lol. Oh well! I have to study for it, but I can't be bothered right now.

=_=;

Haha. Pats = huge.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Deluge said:
Soulsearcher, is there any time of your day where you aren't on BOS? Because seriously, you seem to be on all day =P
Nope, he's not - not at 4am yesterday when I was browsing, for example :p

But other than that, I cannot think of a time that he's not on...<.<

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Deluge said:
Wow.

Lol. Well, I should be studying for my exams - maths will be bloody hell, I'm sure. The Sefton staff love making exams which require a lot of problem solving. Lol. Oh well! I have to study for it, but I can't be bothered right now.

=_=;

Haha. Pats = huge.
Yeah, just a bit :eek: You should be fine with those maths problems, just work through them and you should easily get them :)
airie said:
Nope, he's not - not at 4am yesterday when I was browsing, for example

But other than that, I cannot think of a time that he's not on...<.< :p
I do atually have to sleep sometimes :eek: But I've been on at 4am before ;)

Deluge

HSC
Hahaha. I was on at perhaps 2am this morning.

This place's got charm. Alluring... damn it... haha.

Well, soulsearcher, I want to congratulate you on having lightning reflexes and being able to respond to threads without so much as a second. =)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
You should be fine with those maths problems, just work through them and you should easily get them :)
Yeah, coming from someone who flogs year 12 kids in yr 12 exams :rolleyes:
Deluge said:
Ha, now that's a first.

Deluge

HSC
Hahaha. I was on at perhaps 2am this morning.

Well, soulsearcher, I want to congratulate you on having lightning reflexes and being able to respond to threads without so much as a second. =)

Deluge

HSC
LOL OOPS!

Haha.

Well, I don't think I'm going to do 4U maths. Acing 2U and 3U sounds appealing =) I'm planning to do 4Eng, 3Maths, chemistry, modern history and extension history. Yay!

Unless of course, my brother or teacher actually force me to do 4U maths. =_=;

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Deluge said:
Well, I don't think I'm going to do 4U maths. Acing 2U and 3U sounds appealing =) I'm planning to do 4Eng, 3Maths, chemistry, modern history and extension history. Yay!

Unless of course, my brother or teacher actually force me to do 4U maths. =_=;
Good luck for your subjects :)

They won't "force" you, they'd just "recommend" so and stare at you like a weirdo if you say otherwise ;)

Deluge

HSC
Realisation that going there would not put me at a greater advantage of getting a higher UAI than what I would receive here at Sefton. Sefton is getting really competitive lol

Realising that Sefton is tops and for it to be seriously challenging fully-selective schools must mean that it's doing something right in nurturing its students. Wonderful teaches, albeit the lack of students receiving band six in English... history teachers (awesome), maths teachers (awesome), science teachers (pretty solid but will make sure that they don't get pregnant!)...

Oh, and realising that whilst I would get the opportunities to do what I have previously never done before at Ruse, some of the things I do normally (a la public speaking, debating etc), I probably wouldn't be able to do over there because of their fantastic teams.

And, prefect duties ;)

It's just a shame that Fort St will once again get half of Sefton!

I think that's pretty mature logic... haha...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)