Selective Schools application (1 Viewer)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Don't give up! Just because you didn't make it last year, doesn't mean you won't make it this year :)

Keep up the extra curricular and academic results and you should be fine¡
hello!!! oh thanks :) i was beginning to lose hope. This is what people at school say to me when I say i am going to apply for selective:
"oh..ok......"
"um..isn't it too late to move?"
"you'll never make it"
"THERES NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELECTIVE AND NON SELECTIVE"
"dont leave meeeeee!"
"good luck with that..."
"you need to be really, really, really, really smart. This school hasnt helped you at all. anyway would you rather be average there or at the top here?"

It really annoys me.. I also started to lose hope when i realised How many people will be applying this year, i already know another 2 or 3 people who are applying for the same schools as me >.<
i hope that i can make it! i hope my half yearly exams go good. once theyre over i can relax again!

Lalaloop

HSC
Why are you so worried, GolfGirl? I'm your competition and i think your report is awesome! Who's the poop head who told you you're too late to apply? Screw them and try out for everything! If you're too afraid to try anything, then nothing will happe. Hopefully you get into St George while I get into Girraween.. ^__^ Good luck to us both!

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Why are you so worried, GolfGirl? I'm your competition and i think your report is awesome! Who's the poop head who told you you're too late to apply? Screw them and try out for everything! If you're too afraid to try anything, then nothing will happe. Hopefully you get into St George while I get into Girraween.. ^__^ Good luck to us both!
im just worried because this is my last chance! >< i dont know, just as the year has gone on ive felt like i have less and less chance of getting in. haha yeah, but like i know a few people from school also applying and it's worrying me because they dont have extra curriculars, but we get pretty similar marks...what if the schools accept them but not me? D:
yeah! i try to ignore them. I am really not going to care about what anyone else says anymore. it probably sounds mean, but im not going to really care about anyone there anymore except my closest friends and ill just focus on my work and not wory about anyone else.
Yes! Good luck to us both!! ^^ hopefully our half yearly reports turn out good so then we will have a good chance :D and hopefully your test goes good xD

Lalaloop

HSC
GolfGirl, with your.extra-curriculars and academics, St George would be stupid to let you go!! :) And about you ignoring your haters, yeah, that's right! And when you get an offer to St George or any other selective school, you go right to theor faces and rub it in!! :') Haha. Sorry, just hate it when other people have crab mentality... Anyway, let's kwwp in contact until we sit the tests... Gosh, I might see you at Hurlstone!!

MissyL

HSC
I'm applying for fort street as well :D I've got some info for it; Maths: 40 minutes bloody 20 pages long obviously no one has finished, but do as much as you can as fast as you can and for English not sure but last year's year 10 to 11 test was comprehension and about writing an article for a magazine or something and you got 40 minutes for that too

Lalaloop

HSC
Hey MissyL. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Have you seen Fort Street's website? It said the test was after-school! -_-

kokame

HSC
hey Lalaloop
sorry im kinda joining the convo here ><

ur going for fort st? me too, but im strongly convinced i won't get it.

did u see the topic for the essay? o.o

Lalaloop

HSC
Hey Kokame,

Oh no worries at all! Yes, I'm going Fort Street and I'm trying my best! Why? You know, just do your best and they won't let you go!

I haven't seen the topic, I'm trying to do my best.

wtfnoob123

HSC
your report looks very clean ! :) and so do your extra circular's i wish you all the luck ( the applications are out! ;) )

kokame

HSC
Lalaloop
good luck!! I'll try my best as well ><

do you know if the topic has to be sent in with the application??

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
Oh wow.. I just saw this thread today. I'm feeling nervous now! Good luck to everyone trying out!

Lalaloop

HSC
Myinnermonkey, are you applying Girraween? Is it your preference? I can't believe we only have a few days left....

kokame

HSC
sorry again...
this might be a stupid question but.. how do you send in the applications? do you send them into the schools? ><

Lalaloop

HSC
Hey Kokame,
No, it's good to verify info... Yeah, you can post the application (together with documents and payment;not in cash tho) to the school or hand-deliver them yourself, well, if you'd like to. You're going to get a reciept or a letterverifying you application. Hope that helps. ^_^

GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLICANTS!!!

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
Myinnermonkey, are you applying Girraween? Is it your preference? I can't believe we only have a few days left....
I'm really indecisive at the moment. But, my first preference is Sydney Girls, and then Baulko. :) Yeah, I'm planning on sending in my application either on Monday or Tuesday; it's so close!!

Lalaloop

HSC
I'm really indecisive at the moment. But, my first preference is Sydney Girls, and then Baulko. :) Yeah, I'm planning on sending in my application either on Monday or Tuesday; it's so close!!
HAHA. I saw your post about selective schools, yeah, definitely go for those schools! Have you considered North Sydney Girls? :) It has a test, i think? Yeah, me too! I think everyone's sending their applications around that. time. Are you posting yours?

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
HAHA. I saw your post about selective schools, yeah, definitely go for those schools! Have you considered North Sydney Girls? :) It has a test, i think? Yeah, me too! I think everyone's sending their applications around that. time. Are you posting yours?
I've considered North Sydney Girls.. SGHS is already quite far from where I live, but I'm willing to wake up a bit earlier than usual, but NSGHS is even farther, so I'm not applying for it. :) Am I posting my application?? Weeelll.. idk, hehe.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I've considered North Sydney Girls.. SGHS is already quite far from where I live, but I'm willing to wake up a bit earlier than usual, but NSGHS is even farther, so I'm not applying for it. :) Am I posting my application?? Weeelll.. idk, hehe.
Which one is the closest? (Selective schools of interest )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)