Semester 1, 2008 Timetables (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Hokay, so the timetable system seems to be set on giving me a 5pm tute rather than a 3pm tute with vacancies for the same subject on the same day. WHY? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY?

nick1689

HSC
Ive got my timetable and everything, saved and printed, so this doesnt really apply for me. But say I accessed my timetable, found that it was great, and then logged out, forgetting to save it, would that mean its impossible to go back to that exact timetable? Because I read that by accessing the timetable again there is a chance that it will completely change again, where is the logic in that? Its a pretty dated system

Im I right in saying this, or have I got it messed up?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
nick1689 said:
Ive got my timetable and everything, saved and printed, so this doesnt really apply for me. But say I accessed my timetable, found that it was great, and then logged out, forgetting to save it, would that mean its impossible to go back to that exact timetable? Because I read that by accessing the timetable again there is a chance that it will completely change again, where is the logic in that? Its a pretty dated system

Im I right in saying this, or have I got it messed up?
don't stress out, if you want to access it again, chances are it won't change all that much and you can tweak it back to where it was before. or just click "customise" instead of "get new" when you go back. idk.

my timetable is looking pretty good. although there is no getting around the fact that i have epic breaks on monday. nothing seems to want to fill them in. fridays off though :D

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
Yeah I'm a bit confused as well...I logged in, collected my timetable, copied it, saved & printed it. I found it was weird because I think my timetable for Pharmacy doesn't exactly match the supposed number of lectures, workshops etc as described in the faculty handbook, units of study description...can anyone clarify this especially those who are in first year Pharmacy this year?

P.S. I haven't actually tried logging in again and getting another timetable because I'm afraid it's going to be worse than what I have already lol...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ahaha, i went back to see if i could do something about the 2hr breaks i have on mondays...and ended up with one 4 hour break instead. motherfuckers. i can't make it go away now either. lol.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Mine's almost exactly the way I planned it. I just gotta try and get an English tutorial into the middle of my three hour break on Monday instead of in the middle and I'll be set. Thanks to the school of chemistry not caring about who turns up to what tutorials, I can just go to whichever one suits me! Hooray!

I'll still toy around with it until the last day possible because it's so much fun though.

Shaking Paper

HSC
Re: timetables

CURSES! One rogue tutorial refuses to slot into either of my free periods where it should go and theres nothing I can do to move it. Now I'll have to go in on Monday. :vcross:

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
well I tried getting another timetable but it stayed exactly the same...I don't think Pharmacy students can customise their own timtables unfortunately...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Update: sorted out my timetable, it's now fairly reasonable. Back to three days a week again, which is nice.

HSC
Triangulum said:
Hokay, so the timetable system seems to be set on giving me a 5pm tute rather than a 3pm tute with vacancies for the same subject on the same day. WHY? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY?
That is my EXACT same problem! I try to move it, and utter CHAOS. Otherwise my timetable is perfection (well as perfect as it can be). Looks like I'm going to Madsen.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Three days a week oh screw that go to hell Triangulum and die.

Gives me some freedom in case things become too hectic. I can move the bio lab/tutorial components to Friday which would ease up a lot of spare time. In the chemistry lab break period I can have my philosophy lecture in the afternoon which will be nice. As my friend Gregory would say, "not too shabs".

blakegman

HSC
N/A
3 days a week. wooot.

fuck that timetabling system is shit. had to battle for a good 30 minutes to get it to 3 days

nick1689

HSC
Im so confused on how to customise my timetable.. Mine is all good except that I have only one 1 hour tute on Monday, with 3-4 hour breaks between classes on tuesday and thursday. Is it possible to move that single tute on monday to the big breaks I have? How do I know if that tute is running at those times on those days. The customise timetable part on the USYD wedsite is so confusing, how do I even change it so that only that one tute is moved?

IM SO CONFUSED!

Any help?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
nick1689 said:
Im so confused on how to customise my timetable.. Mine is all good except that I have only one 1 hour tute on Monday, with 3-4 hour breaks between classes on tuesday and thursday. Is it possible to move that single tute on monday to the big breaks I have? How do I know if that tute is running at those times on those days. The customise timetable part on the USYD wedsite is so confusing, how do I even change it so that only that one tute is moved?

IM SO CONFUSED!

Any help?
Find out when tutes are available here (type the unit code into the thing at the top).

Basically the customisation thing allows you to choose particular days or periods during which you don't want classes. It'll try to give you tutes outside the periods you block off. There's no way to pick a specific tute time for a subject, but judging from your description you should be able to move it to one of your gaps by blocking off Monday.

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
Triangulum said:
There's no way to pick a specific tute time for a subject,.
If I go to the student centre to try and get my timetable altered, what do you think my chances of success are? I've managed to find tutes/lectures that all would fit into my timetable, at slightly different times... which I'd like to change to. It'd mean I wouldn't have 3-4 gaps on a few of my days, so I'm hoping I can change it...

kokodamonkey

HSC

Hmm im preety happy. originally i had some stuff on the friday but i blocked the whole day out... because i knew i couldnt get rid of any other days because all the dif german streams still have the tues wed n thurs tuts, and the 2 commercial law lecture streams each run over mon + tues so yeah.. Though atleast its only one hour on monday.. and hey no roll call at lectures.. maybe not the best attitude when i havent even started uni yet!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
breakout-09 said:
If I go to the student centre to try and get my timetable altered, what do you think my chances of success are? I've managed to find tutes/lectures that all would fit into my timetable, at slightly different times... which I'd like to change to. It'd mean I wouldn't have 3-4 gaps on a few of my days, so I'm hoping I can change it...
I recall several BoS'ers saying how they were able to get it done without a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)