• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2006) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter

Rafy said:
For the last 5-6 ECON tutes ive been one of only 3-4 who actually turns up.

I was under the impression that there was a maximum number of tutes you could miss or you fail the unit or something? Or am i completely delusional.
I don't think ECON1001 tutes are compulsory. At least, they weren't last year. It's good to go to tutes anyway cos that's where I did most of my learning for Econ1001.

On the topic of missing classes, I've been slackening off like mad these last few weeks. Have been missing lecs all over the place or I would go to uni and not bother going to some classes. Pathetic. Gahhh. Exams are so close and I'm in no studious mode at all :(

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC

It's called "latter year syndrome". Usually in first year you try to be attentive and turn up to all your lectures. By week 4, 1st year, "Latter year syndrome" takes over and you stop turning up.

This is of course variable with some people. Strangely enough there exist a select few who've never missed a class in 3, 4 or dare I say it ... 5 years of study...

Templar

P vs NP
HSC

KeypadSDM said:
It's called "latter year syndrome". Usually in first year you try to be attentive and turn up to all your lectures. By week 4, 1st year, "Latter year syndrome" takes over and you stop turning up.
There are lectures? :eek:

On another note, quiz tomorrow at 8am. Let's see how well 12 weeks can be squeezed into one night.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I attended my first lecture since the mid semester break today.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

Rafy said:
For the last 5-6 ECON tutes ive been one of only 3-4 who actually turns up.

I was under the impression that there was a maximum number of tutes you could miss or you fail the unit or something? Or am i completely delusional.
I can't believe it took you so long to realise, but ECON1001 tutes are not compulsory. :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

But unless you understand the work, going to tutes for that subject is pretty useful. It was for me anyway.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

I understand most of what the ECON textbook is saying, seems basic for anyone who has stuided HSC Economics really, but I find the gap between learning from the books and the questions the Uni gives out to be a bit too much.

And yet..... I still don't go to tutes tsk... tsk...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

yeah, most people find that. I did HSC eco and I found understanding the content was easy but then the second I get thrown a question, it's like "what???" :confused:

if you get lucky and have a good tutor or can find a good tute to go to, then it's really helpful.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

what971 said:
I understand most of what the ECON textbook is saying, seems basic for anyone who has stuided HSC Economics really, but I find the gap between learning from the books and the questions the Uni gives out to be a bit too much.

And yet..... I still don't go to tutes tsk... tsk...
Your CS scares me. :(

Am I the only person here that goes to lectures?

*does a jig* I did well in my ECOP essay, I didn't even expect to pass to I'm bloody ecstatic with my mark. Yay!

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC

In my ECMT tutes there's this asian dude who always wears a long leather jacket, gloves and shuffles cards. The first couple of times he did it and the tutor asked what he was doing I just said 'gauging probability'.

But now I've realised he's trying to become gambit. Last Friday he held 4 between his fingers and tried to flick them at me...in two days I have my next tute...I may never return. To Brogan I leave everything but my corpse, which goes to Townie.

Farwell...

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

ujuphleg said:
Your CS scares me. :(

Am I the only person here that goes to lectures?

*does a jig* I did well in my ECOP essay, I didn't even expect to pass to I'm bloody ecstatic with my mark. Yay!
I'm sorry, what's CS?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

Wolfowitz said:
In my ECMT tutes there's this asian dude who always wears a long leather jacket, gloves and shuffles cards. The first couple of times he did it and the tutor asked what he was doing I just said 'gauging probability'.

But now I've realised he's trying to become gambit. Last Friday he held 4 between his fingers and tried to flick them at me...in two days I have my next tute...I may never return. To Brogan I leave everything but my corpse, which goes to Townie.

Farwell...
I looked up 'Gambit' on Wikipedia. Something about Chess moves? Boy, am I the confused. :confused:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

Yeah right, you guys should be thankful that I don't have an avatar and sig about her. I did consider it, you know. :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

Sorry I'm not that sadistic.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Booyah! Guaranteed 16/20 on vectors quiz, the other 4 marks I didn't answer cause I had no idea. I think this makes me the person who's turned up for the least time in each and every individual lecture for that subject this semester, including quizzes :D

EDIT: As am I.

Last edited:

tennille

HSC

I hate MBLG. This report is pissing me off severly. "Don't make it more than 2 pages long, but you have to include a gel scan, standard curve, a table indicating the size of your alleles and +ve control alleles, introduction, discussion, conclusion, a figure legend and sample preparation, a table legend and somehow represent the whole grades data". I can fit it onto 2 pages, but they're going to damage their eyes when they try to read the size 7 font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)