Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

Congrats pol! :D I think I saw you on the train when I was getting off this morning

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

Well I was walking out the door and I look back and was like oh is that Pol idk and the doors were gonna close and I began to panic. Not really, but it's kinda weird shouting out OMG POL HI...ERR BYE! then rushing out closing train doors

HSC
N/A

lol I see. Well I got off at redfern at about 9:50am today...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

Yeah I got off at Town Hall at like, 9:40 something

HSC
N/A

oh my!! if only we all had bos name tags attached on our foreheads permanently or something...to distinguish us from the 100 other students at redfern station.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
lol damn. i didn't get an email cancelling my lecture :( What did the email say?
Same here, what did the email say?
Great, how am I suppose to see her now about the essay?
Anyone else doing SCLG2606, how are you attacking the essay question. I've find afew quotes here and there, but nothing extensive that talks about the weaknesses of Agenda Setting Theory.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

well, when i saw her after the lecture she said we have to critique the sub-approaches of agenda setting theory. like flaws of postmodernism vs. feminism vs. right vs. left

wtf? how does the question she gave us ask for that in any way?

p.s. are we meant to have lectures this week for sclg?

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
well, when i saw her after the lecture she said we have to critique the sub-approaches of agenda setting theory. like flaws of postmodernism vs. feminism vs. right vs. left

wtf? how does the question she gave us ask for that in any way?

p.s. are we meant to have lectures this week for sclg?
Oh god, someone shoot me! What is wrong with this women, what you've just said, how the hell is anyone suppose to get that from her question!?
We're suppose to have a lecture, but if that guy said he got an email saying it was cancelled, who knows...?

HSC

The email only referred to Social Movements classes.

But it arrived at 9:30 in the morning - an hour and a half before the lecture was on - so you should probably check your inbox on the morning of your classes

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Didn't the guy say his lecture for her other subject got cancelled? So for ours maybe it's not?

And I asked her at the front of the lecture hall: so, which perspectives should I compare to the agenda setting theory for our essay? She was like "oh yes, so for example, compare how the left and feminism and postmodernism are different within it"

then i asked if we should go outside agenda setting too, and she said that's also fine. but wtf? seriously.

what theories would you compare to agenda setting? there's semiotics and... isn't that about it?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Silver Persian said:
The email only referred to Social Movements classes.

But it arrived at 9:30 in the morning - an hour and a half before the lecture was on - so you should probably check your inbox on the morning of your classes
hahahaha total fail. what was her excuse? something arm related?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

She hurt her arm writing the email to her students and thus was forced to cancel. SHE TOLD US SHE COULDN'T USE COMPUTER OMGWTF

amber44

HSC

bazookajoe said:
She hurt her arm writing the email to her students and thus was forced to cancel. SHE TOLD US SHE COULDN'T USE COMPUTER OMGWTF
ROFL!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber - what other perspectives are you contrasting to agenda setting?

i've written 540 words, all of which are almost literally pulled out of my arse. I'm just writing about what I want to write about and haven't even researched it.

I'm having a fight between my perfectionist side (which is asking me to try hard and get an HD, because it'll be disappointed with anything below 85), my apathetic side (which is saying 'you have the most prestigious grad job offer imaginable for marketers, wtf are you trying at uni for, it doesn't matter'), my jew side (which is saying, 'you have a midsem for a mktg subject on friday. if you fuck it up you may lose the $3,000 prize for topping the major, fuck the essay, concentrate on that') and my homosexual side (which is saying 'penis. in my mouth. now plz')

neafoo

HSC

When is it due?

I'm struggling with my anthropolgoy essay atm :(

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
amber - what other perspectives are you contrasting to agenda setting?

i've written 540 words, all of which are almost literally pulled out of my arse. I'm just writing about what I want to write about and haven't even researched it.

I'm having a fight between my perfectionist side (which is asking me to try hard and get an HD, because it'll be disappointed with anything below 85), my apathetic side (which is saying 'you have the most prestigious grad job offer imaginable for marketers, wtf are you trying at uni for, it doesn't matter'), my jew side (which is saying, 'you have a midsem for a mktg subject on friday. if you fuck it up you may lose the $3,000 prize for topping the major, fuck the essay, concentrate on that') and my homosexual side (which is saying 'penis. in my mouth. now plz')
ROFL!!!!!
I'm exactly the same apart from the last 3 LOL I don't know if I can be bothered playing around with what Annette TRIED to mean. I'm thinking of just looking at is as a post modernist theory and then just critique it from the other perspectives. Half arsed job I know, but what do you expect. I'll also through in semiotics, but does that maybe fall under post modernist? FUCKEN HELL!

I'll probably pick feminism, because she mentioned it in the lecture and I know abit about it, and then I might pick....I'll see whatever theory offers anything substantial on media and agenda setting.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

If you're focusing on feminism make sure you point out how terrible the women's editions of both Honi Soit and the Bull are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)