Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

406/2000

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

haha just realised how much i actually have to do in comparison to what i have actually done. mcfail imminent. damn you modern world with your internets and your delicious food and distracting infectious music and social opportunities. damn you to hell. :D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Luckily the assessment due tomorrow is a pair work one, so I've had it finished since 2.30pm. Nice.

On to studying!

Omg so much to learn, so little time and willpower.

HSC

stazi said:
Doorakee is correct if you're referring to multiple people, but incorrect if you're referring only to me.

However, typically people around the same age would use 'ti' instead of 'vwee'
I really have trouble with the whole "entire grammar of a sentence changes depending upon formality/how many "you's" you are talking to. Damn Russians...and also most of Europe. :(

Also, wtf is with letters that are ALWAYS silent!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

tried to log into myuni:

The service of "The University WWW authentication server" you are trying to access is currently busy. Please try again later.

at midnight? really?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

that message is often displayed at exactly midnight for a few mins

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Eugh I shouldn't have had that hot chocolate. I should have just had the truffle dipper and been done with it.

kokodamonkey

HSC

i hate my situation. these are 2subjects that are my exams on monday and tuesday. i do not like them, i hate them to death, they are stupid gay boring core units. I have not gone to a class. i have not done any study this week. If i fail them (which is very likely for one of them im sitting on about 49% the other about 25%) i will be stuck having to do them again. So im finding it very hard to find the motivation to do the work to somehow pass to not have to do it again. i need to get approx 63% in the accounting exam and around 55% in the micro eco exam in order to pass.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

1200/2000

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yay, getting a credit card with a $5.5k limit today. have no idea why they gave me such a high limit given the current credit crunch.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Ennaybur said:
what do you need a credit card for?
I've already got one, this will be my second (for ease of use, as my switching over to BankWest)

1) Getting rewards for purchases
2) Online purchases
3) Leaving deposits at hotels, etc.
4) Being able to buy things in advance of receiving payment for it (e.g. if I only have $300 in my bank account, and want to purchase something for $600, and know I'll get paid $1k next week, I have the ability to purchase it)
5) Quicker, faster paypal purchasing
6) Decent international currency transfer rates

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

Dear stas,
I find that I'm not putting all I can into uni, and know that I have the ability to do better. I find myself putting things off (which I know is 'normal' but during HSC I was very much more motivated). I need to get at least a D average for 2 subs to get into honours and at the moment it's possible but borderline.
What should I do?
Yours Truly
Rubyanne

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Ennaybur said:
Dear stas,
I find that I'm not putting all I can into uni, and know that I have the ability to do better. I find myself putting things off (which I know is 'normal' but during HSC I was very much more motivated). I need to get at least a D average for 2 subs to get into honours and at the moment it's possible but borderline.
What should I do?
Yours Truly
Rubyanne
Don't go home after uni. Go to the library/study centre and type up notes/revise notes. This will help you remember content better, and give you very little to study for during the exam.

Keep a schedule of things you have to do each week, so as not to fall behind in your readings.

Apart from that you just have to force yourself to start assignments early until you get into a rhythm. Rhythm n Blues. Babeeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)