• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

stazi said:
Don't go home after uni. Go to the library/study centre and type up notes/revise notes. This will help you remember content better, and give you very little to study for during the exam.

Keep a schedule of things you have to do each week, so as not to fall behind in your readings.

Apart from that you just have to force yourself to start assignments early until you get into a rhythm. Rhythm n Blues. Babeeeee.
Thank you stazi
I will endevour to do this and get back to you with the results
Yours anally
Rubyanne

stazi

Nightman
HSC

lawl! i forgot i preordered the limited edition of metal gear solid 4. it costs $160, but they go on ebay for $250-$500. I'm listing it on ebay right meow for a tidy profit.

kokodamonkey

HSC

stazi said:
Don't go home after uni. Go to the library/study centre and type up notes/revise notes. This will help you remember content better, and give you very little to study for during the exam.

Keep a schedule of things you have to do each week, so as not to fall behind in your readings.

Apart from that you just have to force yourself to start assignments early until you get into a rhythm. Rhythm n Blues. Babeeeee.
it is my aim to try this/be like you Stazi in semester 2. I'll first have to start by going to uni and going to classes..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

2643/2000 lol. serious editing required.

HSC

Atonofrash said:
lol it's funny listening to dbm

Love dbm :) He is the Frank Stilwell of philosophy

Which Qs are you doing Enny? I'm still doing the paternalism one, but I'm now doing the first one about what kind of method we should use to pick between the different theories of happiness

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

stazi said:
yay, getting a credit card with a $5.5k limit today. have no idea why they gave me such a high limit given the current credit crunch.
Lol, was it citibank? They gave me a $7k limit! And im sure they didnt ring my accountant or employer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

velox said:
Lol, was it citibank? They gave me a $7k limit! And im sure they didnt ring my accountant or employer.
haha nah, it was bankwest. how much did you tell them you earn. I think I only said 50k.

ownagemaster

HSC

UNSW IS FAIR SUPERIOR!hehe especially UNSW@ADFA!!!!!11!!!:rofl:

Atonofrash

HSC

Silver Persian said:
Love dbm :) He is the Frank Stilwell of philosophy

Which Qs are you doing Enny? I'm still doing the paternalism one, but I'm now doing the first one about what kind of method we should use to pick between the different theories of happiness
I'm doing paternalism and i think the compare happiness diary to findings about happiness

but i can't fucking find the articles, so I'm going to quote the lectures i guess and just do relly shoddy referencing. what are you doing about that?

how are you going with it?

want to race?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

also in colombia, isn't the most commonly used drug cocaine, rather than marijuana?" Is cocaine a gateway drug to marijuana there, then?

also, i recall watching a documentary that showed many Russian teenagers start on hard drugs due to the greater availability of heroin than marijuana in the country

kokodamonkey

HSC

stazi said:
also in colombia, isn't the most commonly used drug cocaine, rather than marijuana?" Is cocaine a gateway drug to marijuana there, then?

also, i recall watching a documentary that showed many Russian teenagers start on hard drugs due to the greater availability of heroin than marijuana in the country
maybe you should do something about that.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

I am so fucked for these exams. 10 days to my first one. Will start studying... soon.

kokodamonkey

HSC

stazi said:
such as sell them soft drugs?
Well i cannot be one to imply,condone or encourage such acts due to i think such action on my part may be looked on as illegal, so without making any such comment in relation to your statement, i believe your mind is on the right track.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Heading into uni now. So pointless to go in just to drop a piece of paper in a box.

HSC

Atonofrash said:
I'm doing paternalism and i think the compare happiness diary to findings about happiness

but i can't fucking find the articles, so I'm going to quote the lectures i guess and just do relly shoddy referencing. what are you doing about that?

how are you going with it?

want to race?
I've got a few good references for the paternalism one...particularly JS Mill's On Liberty and the Utilitarianism article that is in the course reader. But yeah, a lot of poorly referenced rambling is going in.

Haha wow you did your happiness diary? Or are you just going to pretend you did so that you can anser the question?

I'm already finished my two essays - I just need to edit. So I win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)