Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neafoo

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

2 hour lectures destroy me. By the end im stuggling to stay awake. My first lecture only went for 20 minutes though \;D/

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Woo, footbridge! Although I hope the concrete darkens a bit, because in full sunlight it is blinding.

Had a lecture in Eastern Avenue Lecture Theatre (the small one on level 3), which was hilarious because about half the class went to Eastern Avenue Auditorium (the big one on ground level), so there were huge herds of people coming in halfway through the lecture. They should give the lecture theatre a more distinctive name, because that's the sort of thing that causes first years to break into sobbing fits.

And speaking of first years, oy, the crowds. It's even worse because of the bottlenecks around Fisher.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

WHY WAS THE UNI SO PACKED!?!?!?!?!?

I was having a splendid English morning tea (well, mediocre, but still) in Manning and it was overrun by students of all shapes and sizes. I want my somewhat emptier university back!

And the English lecture was packed! 1008 looks like shit. Maybe I'll swap to 1000 while I still can so I get an easy bludge subject or something like that. Iuno.

HSC

Triangulum said:
Woo, footbridge! Although I hope the concrete darkens a bit, because in full sunlight it is blinding.

Had a lecture in Eastern Avenue Lecture Theatre (the small one on level 3), which was hilarious because about half the class went to Eastern Avenue Auditorium (the big one on ground level), so there were huge herds of people coming in halfway through the lecture. They should give the lecture theatre a more distinctive name, because that's the sort of thing that causes first years to break into sobbing fits.

And speaking of first years, oy, the crowds. It's even worse because of the bottlenecks around Fisher.
Thanks for that. I have a class there later this week. I knew it wasn't the auditorium. I'm not a snotty first year anymore! Woooo :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I was asked for directions three times. Three! I must look like some kind of hardcore uni expert or summat.

HSC

I remember last year I was approached by international students a few times, asian ones in particular. They think i'm one of them, but I can't speak Chinese! :D

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

I found my lecture rooms fine. I think it's because I went to Usyd too much for study days/info days etc.

Did anyone see how long the lines for Co-op and Copy Centre was?
Insane. > <" !

HSC

jayadore said:
I found my lecture rooms fine. I think it's because I went to Usyd too much for study days/info days etc.

Insane. > <" !
Yes! I'm waiting til next week before going in.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Yes! I'm waiting til next week before going in.
I think I have to get my readers from the Copy Centre by Wednesday.
My anthropology assignment is apparently in it. At least there's no textbooks required for this class. :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I'm waiting for tommorow morning before I brave that little adventure.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

First day tomorrow. Waking up at 8 just aint going to happen, so going to skip my first lecture.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC

jayadore said:
Insane. > <" !
i still dont know what text books i'll need.. :(

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

I buy my readers online, so I skip the queue.

Also, I've sourced my books in other places (i.e. textbook exchange, local library) so I don't plan on being at the Co-op any time soon.

Er I also went into Eastern Ave auditorium, then the screen said "LAWL" or something so I left, and looked at the sign and it said upstairs and I went "Awh I know where that is".

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

jayadore said:

Insane. > <" !
Hence why you order online. Walking past the massive queue and being in and out of the copy centre within a minute is a great feeling.

Edit: I got asked for directions a couple of times too. Apparently a few people get tricked by Carslaw sort of hiding behind Eastern Ave (since you can barely see the entrance to Carslaw because of all the fencing).

Last edited:

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A

I didn't know where the Transient building was today and spent 20 mins looking for it lol i didnt ask any1 tho =)
EDIT: Moral of the story: getting lost and trying to find you own way = fun

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

p4e81 said:
i still dont know what text books i'll need.. :(
You usually get today in the first lecture? Alternatively, just ask. :)

@Triangulum: I might, but I get to usyd pretty early when there's no lines, so I'll probably just pick it up tomorrow morning. If the lines are too long then yeah I'll just get them online.

By the way, I am eagerly waiting people to drop out of the lectures. There's too many people right now.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

i hate the faculty of arts. so gay.l

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

historykidd said:
ENGL1008 blows.

That is all.
Mmm. The amount of texts we had to buy was somewhat absurd. Five novels? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)