Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neafoo

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

Ennaybur said:
haha thanks

i'm at the badham library, so i might go for a walk around, and make sure that when i return i work..? urgh fail

how are you doing neafoo?
Terrible really.
Yourself? :)
Just start writing. It becomes so easy after you start :>

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

why terrible? :s
Yeah I'm generally really good, but at present i'm in that mildly-annoyed-at-myself mood that comes with assessments.

my head's hurting with sitting and fucking around for an hour and a half. i'm going to have to walk and clear it.

neafoo

HSC

Ennaybur said:
why terrible? :s
Yeah I'm generally really good, but at present i'm in that mildly-annoyed-at-myself mood that comes with assessments.

my head's hurting with sitting and fucking around for an hour and a half. i'm going to have to walk and clear it.
I have like 1000000 assignments due in the next 3 weeks. I'm a big stresshead i guess. It's all do-able though i think. :p

... have you started yet ??!@

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

jayadore said:
@Neh: Oh well. It's under arts, and everything arts is wishy washy. ;)
Not to mention that arts staff generally seem to be some of the least available and least friendly staff of the university. :(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Not to mention that arts staff generally seem to be some of the least available and least friendly staff of the university. :(
i've always found the faculty of arts to be really helpful and friendly. (and have normally received replies to emails within hours, if not minutes.)

neafoo

HSC

Triangulum said:
i've always found the faculty of arts to be really helpful and friendly. (and have normally received replies to emails within hours, if not minutes.)
I've only ever sent one email and the guy never replied :(

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

neafoo said:
I have like 1000000 assignments due in the next 3 weeks. I'm a big stresshead i guess. It's all do-able though i think. :p

... have you started yet ??!@
yes. doing the readings.

i have a good idea of what i am going to say though, so it's just a matter of getting a few references into it, and then writing....

what have you got assignments for?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Triangulum said:
Like, not the faculty office but the staff in general amongst all the different departments. Their emails are delayed, far less friendly, they have restrictive consultation hours (hell, some in the phil and engl departments seem to discourage even bothering them), their readers they organise are expensive and disorganised blah blah blah blah blah. Science, Education and Economics (for the one subject I took with them) are so far so much better. Especially the schools of biology and chemistry. The school of chemistry rocks.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
I'm too scared to email my tutor for english. Hahahha.

You know who's really nice though? Julia Kindt for ancient history. She emails to wish us a happy easter and extends consultation times for her class. She emails back asap as well. :D

neafoo

HSC

Ennaybur said:
yes. doing the readings.

i have a good idea of what i am going to say though, so it's just a matter of getting a few references into it, and then writing....

what have you got assignments for?
All of them except one of my ancient history classes :-D I even have two for anthropology (but one is not big).

neafoo

HSC

The small anthropology one is only worth 10%, other than that the lowest is worth 35% and one is worth 50% :uhoh:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

I haven't finished my stupid essay that's due on monday. And I plan on going out tonight.

Ehn.

It's ok, I only have one class on monday so I could spend the rest of the day editing and whatnot.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Like, not the faculty office but the staff in general amongst all the different departments. Their emails are delayed, far less friendly, they have restrictive consultation hours (hell, some in the phil and engl departments seem to discourage even bothering them), their readers they organise are expensive and disorganised blah blah blah blah blah. Science, Education and Economics (for the one subject I took with them) are so far so much better. Especially the schools of biology and chemistry. The school of chemistry rocks.
in the dealings i've had with hsty, anhs and govt staff, i've always been given prompt and helpful replies. i don't bother with consultation hours because i don't generally have questions that require more than a short answer, so email is easier.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Who wants to a race to 1500 words?
I've got 300 so far. :lol:

neafoo

HSC

jayadore said:
Who wants to a race to 1500 words?
I've got 300 so far. :lol:
I'll race you :D
I've got 426 though

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

oh my god, i want the european social survey to bear my children. sweet, sweet free research data. now if only i knew something about statistics so as to make my analysis not be a total crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)