• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
i have a question

are labs for science subjects compulsory? what happens if you miss one?

i looked in the handbook but it didnt really say, it was just like blah blah blah you should catch up apply for something something but im still not sure if its compulsory or not
At least for my Chem, you MUST attend at leat 90%. So If you miss more than one, you're in danger of failing the course.

You should contact them about possibly joining another one for the missed experiement.

What subject you concerned about?

KarmaKitten

HSC
True! Request slips rock :headbang:
Hell yes. No looking up books just to find someone has already borrowed it. Just fill in a slip and 20 minutes later voila. Plus wireless internet and the fact its so much QUIETER than Fisher library, I dont know why I havent been going here before!

44Ronin

HSC
Hell yes. No looking up books just to find someone has already borrowed it. Just fill in a slip and 20 minutes later voila. Plus wireless internet and the fact its so much QUIETER than Fisher library, I dont know why I havent been going here before!
and don't forget the FREE LOCKERS.

usyd wireless is pathetic at best, and non-functional at worst. Bad signal and Cisco VPN is what kills it.

You can also hang out in Mitchell Library if you are doing Australian history.

It's a bit of a PITA to get there though......I get off at Wynyard and walk uphill.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
wow 20 minutes!

i sure can see the point in travelling 15 extra minutes to get to the library, spend 5 minutes on the catalogue searching, and then spend another 20 minutes waiting for a book.

retards

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
and don't forget the FREE LOCKERS.

usyd wireless is pathetic at best, and non-functional at worst. Bad signal and Cisco VPN is what kills it.

You can also hang out in Mitchell Library if you are doing Australian history.

It's a bit of a PITA to get there though......I get off at Martin Place and walk uphill.
fking hate the secure 800kb/s i get in wentworth ey. takes all of about 10 seconds to download my lecture audio files. omg 10 seconds too long lol!

spence

HSC
also bek: im worse ive not only been skipping lectures but tuts as well :|
and congrats nebz.

also: on the bright hand side i finished my psych esssay :)
One of your hands is brighter than the other?

Psych lecture was good today, he turned down the crazy a bit, which was good

44Ronin

HSC
fking hate the secure 800kb/s i get in wentworth ey. takes all of about 10 seconds to download my lecture audio files. omg 10 seconds too long lol!
I'm sorry, I don't have time to be hanging out at donut king with Patrick.

Wentworth is shit as a study area. It's loud smelly and the building is as grubby as underneath your mothers toenails

I actually use wireless on the camperdown campus, where fisher library is, which is what we were discussing. The wireless is shit, it doesn't even cover manning well enough to be reliable. That means no internet + beer.

Besides the SL's wireless will chop 800kb/s for internal transfer. But who gives a crap about internal transfer. I use wireless to connect to the world, not the collection of buildings around me, fool.

Last edited:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, I don't have time to be hanging out at donut king with Patrick.

I actually use wireless on the camperdown campus, where fisher library is, which is what we were discussing. The wireless is shit.
fuck you're a stupid useless fucking sack of shit.

omg i'm a camperdown student so i'm not allowed in wentworth lol

and how the fuck do you know where patrick hangs out? keep it up and i'll tell em to watch out for a dumbass stalker who writes shit letters to honi and threatens to fight me.

spence

HSC
i slept in and missed it today, lol. can you understand what he's saying, yet? is he tolerable?
yeah could understand most of it but the mic kept fucking up which made it a bit hard. was actually quite good

did anyone else go to the isv meetings today?

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
HOLY FUCK GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT WENTWORTH IS LESS THAN 5 MINUTES FROM THE QUADRANGLE, AND IT HAS THE WIRELESS INTERNET AS WELL!

but we better keep to fisher to prove whatever point i'm making

go at suck on some shit, you cubicle dwelling asshole

44Ronin

HSC
fuck you're a stupid useless fucking sack of shit.

omg i'm a camperdown student so i'm not allowed in wentworth lol

hahaha if the wireless is so good, then why do I have to walk to wentworth to use it?

and how the fuck do you know where patrick hangs out?
Because I commute through wentworth to get to redfern station, or the co-op, or the printing service - and I have eyes! and I happened to see them hapilly enjoying their donut king capitalism.

keep it up and i'll tell em to watch out for a dumbass stalker who writes shit letters to honi and threatens to fight me.
Grow up. I don't threaten or promise.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
i too actually find it somewhat amusing that they choose to drink at donut king, presumably because the prices are so much cheaper than downstairs...

at the union...

ronin said:
hahaha if the wireless is so good, then why do I have to walk to wentworth to use it?
you don't. i downloaded massive pdf files in fisher today (lvl 6) in a matter of about 6 seconds. i think it was at about 200kb/s

pretty fast imo. maybe not super speed, so you won't be downloading any movies between classes

but since it's uni internet, i'm not sure what you're on about.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hey Tamara, do you think I'm clinically batshit insane irl?
:) :) :)
I know you'll tell them the truth...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)