Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1689

HSC
Kopystop is awesome. One of my govt lecturers told us that the copy centre tacks like 16 bucks onto the price of course readers, to raise extra funds or something for the departments - kopystop doesnt

u-borat

Banned
HSC
ps am very fucking happy i can do marketing as a major within arts.

spence

HSC
Kopystop is awesome. One of my govt lecturers told us that the copy centre tacks like 16 bucks onto the price of course readers, to raise extra funds or something for the departments - kopystop doesnt
I thought it was just 10c/page at Copy Centre. And the one I bought last semester from KopyStop was about the same price as another that was a similar size

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Whyyy doesn't the coop have yearly planners out the front? I love those things.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
They do.. somewhere. I saw people with them.
They also have like, free folder things this year. One of my arts mentor kids took one!
The Co-op I mean.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
How is that possible?
idk, friend told me to email some guy because you're allowed to apparently, only they fuxxored the enrolment day thingiesss

zomg i think i saw you today but i wasn't sure and i didnt want to seem creepy ^_^

amber44

HSC
idk, friend told me to email some guy because you're allowed to apparently, only they fuxxored the enrolment day thingiesss

zomg i think i saw you today but i wasn't sure and i didnt want to seem creepy ^_^
Are you sure though? It's a Table C subject area meaning it's only available to Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences and the Bachelor of International Studies students.

nick1689

HSC
Fuck. Got an email that one of my tutes has been dropped, so now my whole bloody timetable has been rearranged. It all wouldnt be a problem if the anicent timetable system let me put my new tute in a time that would suit me. Now i gotta make the effort to go back into uni tomoro to fix it..

Screw you usyd

lala2

Banned
HSC
Are you sure though? It's a Table C subject area meaning it's only available to Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences and the Bachelor of International Studies students.
It's possible. My friend who graduated from Media & Comm had three majors--English, marketing and media & comm.

Woo, this is the last day I'll get off for the whole semester. Sold two books yesterday, was happy, due to sell another two tomorrow, so here comes the money! However, found out my placements are at Woollahra and Leichhardt, and I live near Chatswood so I don't know how they can say they allocate based on postcode. Hmph. Another classmate living in Chatswood got Macquarie and Double Bay, so at least she got ONE placement nearby, but nup, they had to give me two far-off ones.

I'm worried about Woollahra, because it sounds like one of those community pharmacies where they'll expect you to know a lot just because of the area it's in (and I don't know anything), AND because it's my first placement so I don't know what to expect. Not to mention because I can't get a lift to the station on placement days, it's going to take me at least 1.5 hours travel each way, without traffic. Sigh. And all for a four hour placement. All I have to console me is the fact that it's afternoon placement, so I'm not rushing in the morning, and that Leichhardt is second half of sem, so it'll be easier to get to than Woollahra.

Does anyone here live in the eastern suburbs? I checked 131500 and it seems I could get from Elizabeth St to Woollahra in 12 minutes on the 333, but how realistic is that actually? Or how about the 389?

P.S. Does anyone know when WebCT's scheduled to be back up? Honestly, they picked the most inconvenient time!

Last edited:

amber44

HSC
i currently do B Sci with maths physics chem psych

a friend of mine is doing the exact same subjects but with engo instead of psych and so his degree is B Eng
i want to drop psych and take up engo cause i think ill be better at it but i dont think i can do that without completely changing my degree to engineering..
It looks like it ay. If you really want to change over to engo, stick with maths, physics, and chem, drop psych, and pick up another maths subject perhaps, so when you transfer mid semester you're not one subject down. Hopefully semester two offers the first semester engo subject you would've done if you were enrolled in B Eng right from the start, so you're able to do both eng subjects in semester two. Does that make sense?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i currently do B Sci with maths physics chem psych

a friend of mine is doing the exact same subjects but with engo instead of psych and so his degree is B Eng
i want to drop psych and take up engo cause i think ill be better at it but i dont think i can do that without completely changing my degree to engineering..
No, you can't.

If you change to a double BE/BSc you'll be able to do the same subjects, though.

You'll need to transfer through UAC.

EDIT: Usyd's BE doesn't have mid-year entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)